GDT: The 2017 NHL Draft (Please read warning before posting. Draft talk only) | Part 2

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Outside of the pro ranks, we probably have the least exciting group of prospects in the league. Not to say it won't yield some good players, but it's fun to see dynamic talent at lower levels and project what they might do.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Like I said in the last thread, the Penguins have added 8 D prospects to their prospect pool in the last 2 years. I find it unlikely that at least one or 2 don't pan out and turn into NHL players.

Despite me thinking he was taken too high, I actually think Lauzon is the best D prospect added in the last 2 years.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Totally fine if we continue to go D-heavy for the rest of this draft. Our D cupboard is pretty bare. Go C-heavy next year.

I'd like a few punts on skillful fast forwards, its beginning to look a bti thin there too.

Merc29

Sid ney Cr os by
Jul 3, 2006
Minot, ND
Wish we would have taken Strome, brothers both got drafted top 3 (round about I believe) and maybe he could have came with something to prove. However; it could have been a Jared Staal situation where there was a reason he wasn't a top 10 pick like the other 3. A 3rd round pick would have been worth the chance.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Outside of the pro ranks, we probably have the least exciting group of prospects in the league. Not to say it won't yield some good players, but it's fun to see dynamic talent at lower levels and project what they might do.

True but we do have 3 top 9 wingers under 25 (who'd have believed that a few years ago). Would be nice to have a few guys in Junior/College/Europe who could be ELC players on the fifth peat team :laugh:.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Rangers just picked Crawley who was in our development camp or rookie tourney last year.
I remember one poster here wanting him.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Like I said in the last thread, the Penguins have added 8 D prospects to their prospect pool in the last 2 years. I find it unlikely that at least one or 2 don't pan out and turn into NHL players.

Despite me thinking he was taken too high, I actually think Lauzon is the best D prospect added in the last 2 years.

We've been getting the most out of "no name" players/prospects. They step in and do a good job.

Which is why I'm upset about the trade because if we can get production from guys like that, what could we do with prospects who are highly skilled to begin with.

Like I said look at Guentzel. All of the reports on him talked about his skill level and IQ . he dropped because of his height(taken at a time where that was a big issue still). I was looking forward to landing another guy like that.

There were plenty of them. Not to mention , Anderson - Dolan coukd have been a great 3rd C for us

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I could see us drafting 19 and 20-year-old forwards, a bit closer to the AHL.

What about Denis Smirnov, is he draft-eligible?

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
True but we do have 3 top 9 wingers under 25 (who'd have believed that a few years ago). Would be nice to have a few guys in Junior/College/Europe who could be ELC players on the fifth peat team :laugh:.

Exactly! :laugh:

That Sprong guy will have to tide us over, I guess.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
26 points in 48 games in the Liiga as an 18 year old is actually pretty impressive. I wouldn't mind using a late pick on him at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad