GDT: The 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs Part II

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Man imagine if the Pens had elevated the puck more this series lol.

They dominate, speed dominates, and good coaching wins.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Man, I hope Roy learns some lessons on how to play with a lead from the Pens. They backcheck just as hard as they forecheck.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
It's amazing seeing the Pens get the puck then pass it to a teammate. The teammate can then handle the pass. So amazing compared to Avs hockey.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Could have gone with Crosby or Kessel. Both good choices.

I think Crosby did pull away at the end though.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The Penguins have only one really, really good defender; Letang. Watching the Pens, the Avs need to realize something: you don't need an all star defense to play great defense. Despite having Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel, the Penguins really won this cup with outstanding team defense and possession. They all backchecked, all worked together to move the puck out of the zone, all blocked shots, and all made smart decisions with the puck. I'm tired of hearing about the personnel all of the time on the Avs. Yeah, it needs work, but the Penguins defense after Letang, and missing Daley, did an outstanding job.

Regardless, congrats to the Penguins. Easily the better team all series, played a fantastic, team style of play.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I honestly thought they might miss the playoffs after Malkin got injured. What a great run.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
I'm sad for Jumbo and Marleau but good for Kessel. I still think he should have won the Conn smythe. Crosbys a good choice though

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
The Penguins have only one really, really good defender; Letang. Watching the Pens, the Avs need to realize something: you don't need an all star defense to play great defense. Despite having Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel, the Penguins really won this cup with outstanding team defense and possession. They all backchecked, all worked together to move the puck out of the zone, all blocked shots, and all made smart decisions with the puck. I'm tired of hearing about the personnel all of the time on the Avs. Yeah, it needs work, but the Penguins defense after Letang, and missing Daley, did an outstanding job.

Regardless, congrats to the Penguins. Easily the better team all series, played a fantastic, team style of play.

They just won a cup with a rookie goalie, & a defense of:

Brian Dumoulin/Kris Letang
Olli Maatta/Ben Lovejoy
Ian Cole/Justin Schultz

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Crosby did infinitely more besides put up points, that's what earned him the CS. Big faceoff wins, blocked shots, hard backchecks. Right up until the end, with his blocked shot and pass for the EN. Just did so much for that team, he was like a man possessed.

Kessel played great and deserved to be in the running, but he also benefitted from all the defensive attention being placed on Crosby and Malkin. He did a great job taking advantage of it though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad