GDT: The 2016 Stanley Cup Playoffs Part II

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I'm a bit up in the air about that Sharks-Preds series - I still think this is the Shark's year to do some damage, but I forgot how solid the Preds are through and through, and they keep developing great defensemen out of nowhere... Ekholm? Damn.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Narratives on Drouin out in full force today...

"Drouin as completely changed his approach to the game"

"much more mature"

"Now willing to be harder to play against and willing to go to dirty area"

All ****ing BS.

Drouin's game has not changed at all.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't think San Jose can go far with the way Jones is playing. He's not playing bad per say, but too many rebounds and just not the big save at that time they need it.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don't think San Jose can go far with the way Jones is playing. He's not playing bad per say, but too many rebounds and just not the big save at that time they need it.

He kept the press at bay for what 60 minutes? At some point he needs a goal.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

"much more mature"

All ****ing BS.

I'd say he's more physical than earlier this season but other than that it's pretty much the same. They're just trying to make Yzerman/Cooper look good by saying the tough love completely changed him. He's getting an opportunity now and he's producing.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I'd say he's more physical than earlier this season but other than that it's pretty much the same. They're just trying to make Yzerman/Cooper look good by saying the tough love completely changed him. He's getting an opportunity now and he's producing.

Pretty much...the love affair for Yzerman in the media is unreal.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Tampa takes a 3-1 series lead. Just cruising along without Stamkos and Stralman.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Tampa takes a 3-1 series lead. Just cruising along without Stamkos and Stralman.

I wouldn't say causing along... 2 OT winners and both had to be them coming from behind. The good news is in this game Drouin had a terrible turnover, Isles almost scored...it's coming.:D

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

"much more mature"

All ****ing BS.

i think drouin's game deifnitely has seen change. not over-stickhandling as much, driving the net and shooting the puck more. but a lot of that has to do with change from left to right wing though he was shooting the puck more in AHL after coming back, noticeable change from his previous stint.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I like the Stastny-Brouwer-Fabbri line for Blues. Hard working and good cycle line.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Such a pet peeve of mine when there's lots of traffic in front after a save, the puck squeaks back to the point only for the guy to hammer it 5 ft over the net.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009

The Islanders are SO much worse than every other team in the second round.

Edit: And Detroit? Please. Not taking anything away from them but very easy trip to the conference finals regardless of injuries.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Does Ovechkin ever score an even strength goal? Seems like all of his goals come on PP from exact same spot with an exact same one timer shots

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad