Prospect Info: The 2016 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I mean, meldonium was not prohibited, known and used from the Soviet times and only now, suddenly, it was made illegal. I'm actually fine with that, but to say that only now it started to give some performance advantage is pretty strange.

It is becoming more widely used and used in different ways. Most of these commissions watch certain drugs for a number of years to see usage before they get outright banned. Meldonium usage has been going up significantly from what I understand.

There are way better options in the 2nd. Now if he's still there in the 3rd I'd consider it.

I think Peeke has a lot higher ceiling than most realistic selections past 30-35 and I think he has a reasonable chance to come close to reaching it. Big, nasty defensemen that can skate and score are rare. Peeke will be gone in the 40s somewhere.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Hmmm TIL O'Reilly, Duchene, Hishon, and Agozzino were all selected in the first round of the 07 OHL draft.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
It is becoming more widely used and used in different ways. Most of these commissions watch certain drugs for a number of years to see usage before they get outright banned. Meldonium usage has been going up significantly from what I understand.

It might have been up, as it was basically made mandatory after the death of Alexei Cherepanov in 2008 (although it was used before that too). But again, it is not like meldonium is some super secret ingredient, it is widely known and used by usual people in large ammounts. That's why I don't understand the accusations in getting performance boost - if there was any significant boost, probably me or some of my relatives, who have been taking it, would've felt some of it too.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I remember the last time the Avalanche took a guy in the 2nd round he was a former #1 overall OHL pick who's stock fell over his OHL career. He goes by the name of Snook.

I like Day. I understand how much issues in your personal life can affect you and I understand how much you mature and better yourself from that as you reach your 20's. I'd take Day with out second round pick in a heartbeat.
Lol, what? You say you don't want Gauthier because a lack of intelligence, but you want to get a dumber player at a still pretty high draft pick. Please make me understand this knowledge because I can't.

As for Day, just stay away, as I said before, let someone else deal with his problems. Avs aren't in the position to gamble on very risky players like him in the top 2 to 3 rounds IMO.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
My concern with PEDs in teenagers is that it inflates their apparent talent to the point where you overestimate their potential. In this case, it seems like it affects stamina more than reaction times or strength, so the scouts are probably right about his potential in that regard. I still like Gauthier with that pick, but I think Rubtsov is probably still a valid choice considering what the drug is.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Meldonium sounds like one of those made up future drugs from a bad sci-fi movie.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
My "realistic" dream draft for the Avs would be:
1st-Michael Mcleod
2nd-Frederic Allard
3rd-David Bernhardt
5th-Antoine Samuel
6th-Sebastian Repo
7th-Reid Gardiner

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
So far drafting 15th in a mock I have:

1st: Mikhail Sergachev, D, Windsor
2nd: Brett Howden, C, Moose Jaw
3rd: Mikhail Berdin, G, Russia U-18
5th: Kristians Rubins, D, Latvia

Of course, in the 2nd & 3rd my target list got decimated, so this would look radically different if I were in the 11th slot.

Good news is the Leafs-Devils game could help the Avs drop another slot. The Leafs need to tank this game for the #1 slot.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So far drafting 15th in a mock I have:

1st: Mikhail Sergachev, D, Windsor
2nd: Brett Howden, C, Moose Jaw
3rd: Mikhail Berdin, G, Russia U-18
5th: Kristians Rubins, D, Latvia

Of course, in the 2nd & 3rd my target list got decimated, so this would look radically different if I were in the 11th slot.

Sergachev would be a nice addition. Don't know the others so I can't comment on them.

6'2", 6'3", 6'2", and 6'4". Nicely done.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Sergachev would be a nice addition. Don't know the others so I can't comment on them.

6'2", 6'3", 6'2", and 6'4". Nicely done.

TimeBandits.jpg

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
So with that Ottawa win we're solidly in 11th O/A right? NJ can pass us if we lose and put us in 10th though.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I want Michael McLeod

I don't.

Screams Conner Bleackley v 2.0 IMO.

Don't think he has the offensive upside at all that you want to see at #10.

That said. From the limited scouting I have done and from what I have read IMO this draft unfortunately drops in quality after pick 9.

Matthews, Laine, Chychrun, Puljujärvi, Dubois, Nylander, Juolevi, Tkachuk, Sergachyev.

That makes 9. I have no clue how good those Penctincton kids really are.
I don't like McLeod or Gauthier.

So even if one of those 9 above drop (if someone above us goes off the board), the Devils would probably snap them up right before us.

So it might mean quite a bit to pick #10 instaed of #11.

But all in all I don't like our position.

Anyone has a good read on Jost or Fabbro?
How good are they really?

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Say we win 1st it's obviously Matthews, right. 2nd it's obviously laine, right?, 3rd is it puljujarvi or do we try a trade a few spots back?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Say we win 1st it's obviously Matthews, right. 2nd it's obviously laine, right?, 3rd is it puljujarvi or do we try a trade a few spots back?

IMO #3 is Chychrun but I might be biased because of his position and because I followed last year way more than this year and he was better back then.

I just feel that if there is a reasonable chance to draft a potential #1 D, the Avs absolutely have to take it no matter what.

The odds of Chychrun becoming that might not be as great as they were if he continued to progress the way he should have been but he still would be our best shot.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City

Personally id trade down. But it really does depend who has the other picks.
ARZ and TOR would be chomping at the bit to trade up for Matthews.
And its not like we dont lack quality Centers..despite whats been going on here the last couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad