Prospect Info: The 2016 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I really like Sergachov, but I'd probably take Gauthier if both were on the board. Serg is very gifted and elegant on his day, but he's not exactly a safe bet to ever become an elite #1. I think that he, like Zads, has the talent and creativity to land a little higher than EJ on the #1 scale. Now that's a great player to add, but we already have Zads & EJ, with Bigras, Meloche & hopefully Barrie to fill out the d around them...plus Holden/Gelinas & Mironov/Geertsen/Boikov to battle for the final spot on the third pairing. So while I definitely want to keep adding kids with top-4 futures to our pool, that's what our second pick is for. Our first is needed to get the forward pipeline at least up to where the Defensive pipeline is, if not to the levels we've gotten the goalie pipeline.

Cause what we don't have, is that PWF goal scorer that Patrick gets hard just thinking about sticking next to Matt or MacK. And Gauthier's that dude. I know that he cooled off some after his incredible start, but he's still got the talent & game that had people wondering if he would challenge the Finns like Dubois might. The goal scoring instincts, size, skating, general skill level, physicality; he's got all of the pieces, and he's not a pure project like AJ Greer...aka the only non-Pepin prospect we have, who might be able to fill such a role.

I'd love both of these prospects, but if I had to chose I'd take Gauthier or Rubtsov over any dman in this draft but Chychurn.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Pos | Team | GP | P | ROW
18 | Carolina | 78 | 84 | 33
19 | Colorado | 78 | 82 | 35
20 | New Jersey | 78 | 82 | 35
21 | Ottawa | 78 | 81 | 30

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I have a feeling the choice between a D and a forward will be moot by the time we pick. A lot of those middle to bottom teams need D in the worst way, and can't afford to pick BPA if that player is a forward. Same as last year, the top-end D will probably all go before the scouting list predicts they will just because the prospect of a future #1 D is too important to a team to pass up the way the league works now. The D left to us at #11 will be the type we can afford to pass on the way our D pipeline looks.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
It only took 38 tries to get to this result, but I like it :)

View attachment 89109

I just ran it and it took me 54 tries before the Avs got the first overall pick. But in those 54 attempts the Avs also got the 2nd overall once and the 3rd overall once. So you never know there is a chance to get a top 3 pick although a really small one.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If we win the 2nd or 3rd O/A pick, hell lets just trade one of Duchene or MacK for the other one and roll an all Finn line.

Hell they might be able to communicate on the ice and play as more of a unit than anything we've seen in a while.

There is your core shakeup right there

Edit : We'd also need to find a Swedish version of Comeau, because you know

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ran the simulator 33 times and got a rather scary result.

Of the 33 attempts, Edmonton won the lottery an astounding 13 times. EIGHT more then the 2nd highest team(Vancouver 5 times).

What was equally surprising, was the team with the highest odds(Toronto) Only won the 1st overall pick one time out of 33 attempts.

On a more exciting note. The Avs won 2/33 times. A 5% win rate.

I dont particularly care about the #1 Overall pick(Obviously would be awesome though) but I think a #2/3 pick would certainly create some excitement for us.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Ran the simulator 33 times and got a rather scary result.

Of the 33 attempts, Edmonton won the lottery an astounding 13 times. EIGHT more then the 2nd highest team(Vancouver 5 times).

What was equally surprising, was the team with the highest odds(Toronto) Only won the 1st overall pick one time out of 33 attempts.

On a more exciting note. The Avs won 2/33 times. A 5% win rate.

I dont particularly care about the #1 Overall pick(Obviously would be awesome though) but I think a #2/3 pick would certainly create some excitement for us.

Yeah I'd get pretty excited about Rantanen, Laine and Duchy on the same line. He sounds like a Finnish Corey Perry

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
My psychic abilities are telling me that none of the players in the 10-14 zone feel like future Avs prospects, thus we are either winning the lottery or we're trading the pick.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
My psychic abilities are telling me that none of the players in the 10-14 zone feel like future Avs prospects, thus we are either winning the lottery or we're trading the pick.

Yeah I've got a gut feeling our first pick will not be where our spot in the standings lands us after game 82 as well. It just seems weird for some reason.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I won't even tell you how much that simulator hates my Avalanche biased computer here and at work....

I refuse to do it, if I do happen to get Colorado to come up on it. It won't happen in real life. I'm not naturally lucky at anything odds related lol. Which is why I also never make pre-game predictions.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'll be honest, I feel like Avs are going to win one of the lottery spots as well. Definitely not 1st and perhaps not 2nd, but probably 3rd.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Oilers are going to get another first overall pick. Eventually pure talent will take over and they'll win a cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad