Prospect Info: The 2015 NHL Entry Draft: Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Did some more research on Svechnikov and he'd be a guy I could "live with" at 10, along with Connor, if we went off the board. Ideally you trade back 2-3 spots and get both him and another asset too.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Doing a mock draft out of boredom, and decided to rack out on the trades. Let me know what you think of this lineup.
----------
:jets

C/RW Nathan MacKinnon
D Tyson Barrie
2nd round pick (40th overall) in 2015

:avs

C Mark Scheifle
D Jacob Trouba
C Nick Petan
1st round pick (25th overall) in 2015

----------

:wings

C Colin Smith
3rd round pick in 2016

D Jonathan Ericsson

----------

:sharks

LW/C Ryan O'Reilly
1st round pick (10th overall) in 2015
1st round pick (25th overall) in 2015

C/W Tomas Hertl
D Mirco Mueller
1st round pick (9th overall) in 2015

------------

:caps

D Brad Stuart
6th round pick in 2016

C Brooks Laich

-------------

Also claimed D Jakub Kindl off waivers from Detroit.

Current Roster
----------------

Tomas Hertl (1.4) Matt Duchene (6.0) Jarome Iginla (5.3)
Gabriel Landeskog (5.5) Mark Scheifle (0.9) Alex Tanguay (3.5)
Jamie McGinn (3.0) Brooks Laich (4.5) Dennis Everberg (0.6)
Cody McLeod (1.3) John Mitchell (1.8) Marc-Andre Cliche (0.7)

Mirco Mueller (0.9) Erik Johnson (3.8)
Jonathan Ericsson (4.3) Jacob Trouba (0.9)
Nick Holden (1.7) Jakub Kindl (2.4)

Semyon Varlamov (5.9)
Retro Berra (1.5)

** yes I would probably pair Ericsson with Johnson, but their full names side by side annoyed the hell out of me

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I wouldn't make any of those trades. Not even the ones for Ericsson and Laich because of their contracts.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Very constructive, cool

I wouldn't make most of the trades either, that's why it's pretend land. And still I get no credit for banishing Stuart, Cliche and Guenin to the underworld while moving up in the draft.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Me halfway through those moves:

a012b0f2e8e23f30ee3ecbec409b821576192a430f7ab99c22f24a77f5b4003f.jpg

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Very constructive, cool

I wouldn't make most of the trades either, that's why it's pretend land. And still I get no credit for banishing Stuart, Cliche and Guenin to the underworld while moving up in the draft.

Not when MacKinnon, Barrie, and O'Reilly are all out the door as well.

member 116861

First one is really really bad for the Aves. I wouldn't mind the rest.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Not when MacKinnon, Barrie, and O'Reilly are all out the door as well.

You're giving me zero feedback here. I'm aware of the players I traded, what about the players acquired

Also now I feel like I just derailed my favorite draft thread

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Very constructive, cool

ericsson has 5 more years on his contract and might be top 4 guy for couple of those.

not worth it to gamble with kindl when he has so many issues and we have so many #6/7 dman.

mackinnon can't be traded for lesser pieces, even if they are very good. mackinnon has potential to be top 5-10 player in this league. trouba and scheifele are nice, the former very nice but it's still downgrade from mack/barrie and the pick and petan won't cover that gap.

mueller isn't NHL defenseman yet and may not be next season. he might never be top pairing guy. that trade isn't bad otherwise except SJ won't do it.

caps probably won't do stuart trade as it's cheaper to just buyout laich or do retained salary trade and they have no need for stuart.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
The Ericsson one isn't bad. Otherwise I'm pretty much a no on giving up core pieces or firsts. There isn't much I'd trade MacKinnon for in the realm of realism.

Definitely, he's fairly untouchable, I just made it my imaginary mandate to get a bunch of draft picks and then ended up trading most of them anyways. Cest la vie.

You'd think it wouldn't be so hard to upgrade our defense though, the options are out there.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Where are all the mock drafts? Going from NFL draft season to the NHL is always a bit of a let down. NFL over does the hype but I still like looking at new mocks from different insiders/analysts every week. Maybe it's because everyone is too busy with the playoffs where as with the NFL they have months between the SB and draft.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Where are all the mock drafts? Going from NFL draft season to the NHL is always a bit of a let down. NFL over does the hype but I still like looking at new mocks from different insiders/analysts every week. Maybe it's because everyone is too busy with the playoffs where as with the NFL they have months between the SB and draft.

The NFL is much more volatile compared to the NHL. NHL has guys move a couple spots but in general are the same guys in the same area all year where the NFL has big changes week to week.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
That's one of the reasons I can't get fully into the NFL, I just can't keep up. I could've sworn RG3 was just drafted, and he's already been unseated by some other dude, and even that is like year old news now

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
I think people would live with Zboril too

Yeah I like Zboril too. His rankings are all over the place, though, it makes me think we could trade back and still get him if he's who we really want

I hope seconds before the draft Provorovs agent announces he has signed a KHL contract he plummets and bam Avs get him.

I am super high on bigras but provorov is better than every avs left side d except maybe bigras.

I also think crouse will be better offensively than people give him credit for and a 1-2 lw punch of lando and crouse would be pretty good in the west.

I could live with getting Provorov for sure, I think he's better than Bigras. There's a lot of chatter going around that Toronto might take him at #4, though, I doubt there's any way he really falls.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah anyone other than Connor or Meier they could probably trade back and get but the Avs just seem to be a "take our guy" kind of org. I guess it's how far they would want to reach back.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Picking up an additional asset by moving back for a player ranked lower would kinda be considered good asset management, no? Not exactly this group's strong suit.

No team's ranking is going to be the same as the consensus though. Avs could have their own version of a "top 11" and if they really like someone, they probably wouldn't move down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad