Prospect Info: The 2015 NHL Entry Draft Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If the Avs really love White, it would be awesome if they traded down and acquired an extra draft pick. That's what they should do if they really want to build up the depth in the system.

With White, it is really hard to pinpoint where he will go so that makes it difficult. There are and will be people like me who absolutely love the kid and would pick him higher than rankings would suggest, just to make sure you got him. Does that mean he will go in the top 15? No... but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised somebody like Dallas, LA, or Calgary (actually expecting him to go there) selected him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Even in the A his injuries have prevented him from really showing what he can do once he's comfortable, settled, and confident.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
You shouldn't wait 4 years on a first round pick. If they need that much time they shouldn't be taken then.
I guess I should have been more clear. I meant if the kid wants to finish college not to wait for him to be NHL-ready. I have no doubt Connor will only need a year max to be ready. As Hench said he already thinks the game at the NHL level. For him it's just a question of getting bigger and stronger.

As for White I would be extremely happy as well if we get him but we better trade down for him and get an extra pick though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hench, is Connor similar to Dylan Larkin?

Larkin is grittier and stronger. He also has more of a power mindset vs Connor's more cerebral game. Connor has a better pure skill set... better shot, hands, agility.

The comparison I like for Connor is Kyle Turris. Stylistically they play very similar game.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I think there is a very good chance Barzal is taken before 10th but if he's left I'd want either him or Zacha at 10 assuming the other 9 went before us. Don't mind Connor or Meier but not over Barzal/Zacha.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
I'm still saying I want them to take a forward first, but if Werenski is there do they take him? We all know his offensive game, but how's his defense? I really don't know I'm asking. If they take him then they really need to pick forwards with the rest of their 5 picks.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I'm still saying I want them to take a forward first, but if Werenski is there do they take him? We all know his offensive game, but how's his defense? I really don't know I'm asking. If they take him then they really need to pick forwards with the rest of their 5 picks.

his D is going to need some work. might prevent him from being top pairing guy.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan

If Crouse/Rantanen are still there I'd want them over Werenski. Lots of good options for Defence in this draft

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Skills and attitude are there for Werenski to be good defensively... he needs time though. It will take him 4+ years before he is really good defensively.

avsfan89

Sep 25, 2011
I want Timo Meier on this team.

The kid knows how to play with talent, which we have. He's also got size and skill. Safe bet for 60+ points consistently in the NHL

returnofthemack29

Feb 20, 2015
I want Timo Meier on this team.

The kid knows how to play with talent, which we have. He's also got size and skill. Safe bet for 60+ points consistently in the NHL

Which isn't bad, but there should be a better player available when we pick. I like Zacha/Rantanen/Crouse if we choose forward and Werenski/Provorov if we choose a defenseman. One of them should be available when we pick. If it's none of those guys I'd still prefer a guy like Kyle Connor over Meier.

Last edited:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think I want Connor more than Zacha. Crouse is #1 for me, and I'm buy the upside with Rantanen, but Connor's my third choice at forward, though admittedly I wouldn't be disappointed with any of these guys.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
If the Avs really love White, it would be awesome if they traded down and acquired an extra draft pick. That's what they should do if they really want to build up the depth in the system.

Yep. I like that idea better than going with some of the guys being discussed (Meier, Zacha, Barzal). Lots of talent in this draft. I would love to pick up an extra 1st or 2nd round pick.

taghh32444

Apr 23, 2015
the Avs twitter and website has been mentioning Timo Meier and Jeremy Roy recently. Doubt they have any insider info but it would be cool if we picked Meier and traded #40 and some later round picks to move up a bit for Roy.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So the Memorial Cup starts today and I am very sure there are streams out there. BUT DAMN, the American viewer gets totally effed concerning the scheduling. None of the first two games are on the NHL Network live, but are on the next day in 1 hour edited format. Seriously wtf? But don't worry because NHL Tonight needs its reruns running from 7pm ET all the way to 8am ET. Could not just air the game at 3 am for DVR people?

Don't even need to look at the main board, there's a poster on this board who is looking at a PPG.

Yeah and for like 80% of the teams. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig