GDT: The 2014 Playoffs Talk: Outside Looking In Edition

May 27, 2012
Earth
West:
Colorado over Minnesota in five
Chicago over St. Louis in seven
Anaheim over Dallas in four
Los Angeles over San Jose in seven - this one is virtually impossible to call because these teams are so evenly matched

East:
Boston over Detroit in four
Montreal over Tampa Bay in five
Pittsburgh over Columbus in seven
New York over Philadelphia in four

Detroit will put up a better fight than lose in 4, possibly even beat them. Detroit is one of the only other team besides Montreal from the East that have done well against Boston.

Not sure if you watch other games, just to letting you know.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Detroit will put up a better fight than lose in 4, possibly even beat them. Detroit is one of the only other team besides Montreal from the East that have done well against Boston.

Dude, it's complete guesswork in the playoffs. People are entitled to their predictions. You're guaranteed to be surprised at least once.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA

Detroit doesn't have the depth at any position to compete with Boston. They may work hard but it's tough to beat a team that is virtually slated to walk to the final who has you bested in forward depth, defense and has probably the best goaltender in the league in net. I really don't think any team is going to be able to stand up to Boston this year.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Detroit doesn't have the depth at any position to compete with Boston. They may work hard but it's tough to beat a team that is virtually slated to walk to the final who has you bested in forward depth, defense and has probably the best goaltender in the league in net. I really don't think any team is going to be able to stand up to Boston this year.

I'm not saying Detroit will win, but there is a chance. You have to give them more credit than what you are giving. I am going by season stats when they have played each other and Detroit has dominated in games played against Boston. Detroit is not to be taken lightly. Getting Datsyuk will help them.

Aug 3, 2010
I'm not saying Detroit will win, but there is a chance. You have to give them more credit than what you are giving. I am going by season stats when they have played each other and Detroit has dominated in games played against Boston. Detroit is not to be taken lightly. Getting Datsyuk will help them.

Hello tfong's other account :sarcasm:?

Your opinion doesn't invalidate the other guy's opinion. Nobody said Detroit should be a cakewalk, it could be a very tough and emotionally draining 4-game series win for Boston. The playoffs are an unpredictable beast but weighing certain values such as depth of talent at each critical point on the roster, it's hard to imagine a weaker, older Detroit could pull a real series out of their collective *****.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
My predictions:

Boston over Detroit in six games.
Philadelphia over New York in seven games.
Montreal over Tampa Bay in six games.
Pittsburgh over Columbus in seven games.

Chicago over St.Louis in six games.
San Jose over Los Angeles in seven games.
Anaheim over Dallas in five games.
Colorado over Minnesota in six games.

Which then makes a Chicago-Colorado series, Anaheim-San Jose series, Boston-Montreal series, and a Pittsburgh-Philadelphia series.

San Jose over Anaheim in six games.
Colorado over chicago in seven games.
Philadelphia over Pittsburgh in seven games.
Boston over Montreal in seven.

That makes it a San Jose-Colorado Western Conference Final and a Philadelphia-Boston Eastern Conference Final.

San Jose over Colorado in six games.
Boston over Philadelphia in seven games.

San Jose over Boston in seven games.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
My predictions:

Which then makes a Chicago-Colorado series, Anaheim-San Jose series, Boston-Montreal series, and a Pittsburgh-Philadelphia series.

That makes it a San Jose-Colorado Western Conference Final and a Philadelphia-Boston Eastern Conference Final.

I refuse to believe in a San Jose Stanley Cup. REFUSE! I chose Tampa over Montreal in all my pools not realizing until yesterday that they have no Bishop... Shame.

I also think St.Louis is going to take Chicago, but that's just a crappy first round matchup, two contenders in the first round... Shame, both teams regardless of who come out of it, are going to be in rough shape going to round two.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
My predictions:

My path to get there is different, but I have the same SCF as you, with Boston winning.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
If Miller keeps playing like this the Blues are really going to regret giving up so much for him, if they aren't already. At least they'll keep that second first round pick they conditionally gave up.

Aug 3, 2010
Sharks destroying Kings 3-0 and the first period isn't even over yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad