GDT: The 2014 Playoffs Talk: Outside Looking In Edition

Aug 3, 2010
Just realized that we don't have an official playoffs talk thread.

I'm not really planning to follow any one specific team until the Finals but I do hope the Bruins get there. I'm expecting a San Jose/Boston final this post-season.

As of right now, Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in regulation and the Lightning lost to the Canadiens in OT. Some crazy desperate plays by both teams in extra time, I was watching since the third period.

Dallas is down 1-0 against Anaheim right now in the first, but I'm not watching that one.

My official predictions are:

Western Conference

Quarterfinals:

Minnesota over Colorado in 5 games
Chicago over St. Louis in 7 games
Anaheim over Dallas in 5 games
San Jose over Los Angeles in 6 games

Semi-Finals:

Minnesota over Chicago in 6 games
San Jose over Anaheim in 7 games

Finals:

San Jose over Minnesota in 6 games

-----

Eastern Conference

Quarterfinals:

Boston over Detroit in 6 games
Montreal over Tampa Bay in 5 games
Pittsburgh over Columbus in 5 games
Philadelphia over New York in 5 games

Semi-finals:

Boston over Montreal in 5 games
Pittsburgh over Philadelphia in 7 games

Finals:

Boston over Pittsburgh in 5 games

-----

Stanley Cup Final:
Boston over San Jose in 6 games

Last edited:

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Main series i'll be following is SJ/LA, as Los Angeles is my second favourite team, though they aren't even near the Flames for first.

LA in six.

Aug 3, 2010
Watching the Dallas/Anaheim tilt now and it's a farce. 3-0 for Anaheim already and there's still 40 minutes to go.

Not saying that Dallas can't suddenly pull a game out of their ***** but it's certainly not looking good. Lehtonen has to be the best player on their team and while he's not playing poorly, he's not playing well enough. Of course, the team would need to score before Lehtonen has to worry about shutting out the rest of the game...

Probably won't stick to the end of this one.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Bergevin.gif

Aug 3, 2010
4-0 for the Ducks now. Game still has 30 minutes to go but I've stopped watching, blowouts are only fun when you're a fan of the team.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
What games last night. I flipped between Pens/BJ's and Habs/Bolts… Two great games!

If Bobrovsky can shut down the Pens a bit more, I think they can win this round. The Pens don't look great 5-on-5 and their defense was atrocious last night.

Excited for the Flyers/Rangers game tonight! Should be a great one.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
What games last night. I flipped between Pens/BJ's and Habs/Bolts… Two great games!

If Bobrovsky can shut down the Pens a bit more, I think they can win this round. The Pens don't look great 5-on-5 and their defense was atrocious last night.

Excited for the Flyers/Rangers game tonight! Should be a great one.

I actually am picking the Jackets to upset the Pens to. I don't think the Pens matchup well against them. But, they need to win game 2. If the Jackets go down 2 games to the Pens, it's likely series over.

I'm so pumped for the Flyers and Rangers series, it's going to be an awesome battle. Philly needs Mason back though, NYR has a huge advantage in net with Henrik over Emery. But I think Philly has way more depth and some bangers on their forward lines, so I think Philly will wear the Rangers down as the series goes in.

And yeah, there's that Giroux guy that's okay..

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
The Pens need some more size in their lineup. That is why the Bruins shut them down last year, they could not physically match them and they got dominated. But I do agree they could do much better Bylsma, he should also be fired.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Just went through the CFHF bracket picks.
All 9 other people with the Stanley Cup to Boston and I call them out in round 1:laugh:.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
West:
Colorado over Minnesota in five
Chicago over St. Louis in seven
Anaheim over Dallas in four
Los Angeles over San Jose in seven - this one is virtually impossible to call because these teams are so evenly matched

East:
Boston over Detroit in four
Montreal over Tampa Bay in five
Pittsburgh over Columbus in seven
New York over Philadelphia in four

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad