GDT: The 2014 Playoffs Talk: Outside Looking In Edition

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Guys playoffs start tomorrow. :D

I filled out a bracket on NHL.com when I was bored. Ended up with St. Louis vs. Boston in the final. Boston won, of course.

For the first round in the West, I have the Avs in 4, the Blues in 7, the Stars in 6 and the Kings in 6.

First round in the East, I have Boston in 6, Tampa in 7, Pittsburgh in 5 and Philadelphia in a sweep.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

I filled out a bracket on NHL.com when I was bored. Ended up with St. Louis vs. Boston in the final. Boston won, of course.

For the first round in the West, I have the Avs in 4, the Blues in 7, the Stars in 6 and the Kings in 6.

First round in the East, I have Boston in 6, Tampa in 7, Pittsburgh in 5 and Philadelphia in a sweep.

I did mine too, I have the B's beating Chicago.

West:
Avs in 6, Chicago in 5, Ducks in 6, La in 7

East:
B's in 6, Mon in 6, Pit in 6, Philly in 6

Do you think Bishop is coming back early in the series or are you trusting Lindback?

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

I don't know what you are talking about, the real playoffs don't start until April 25th ;)

but for that other league I have Wild in 7, Blues in 7, Ducks in 6, Kings in 6, Bruins in 6, Habs in 6, Pens in 5, Rangers in 6

Then 2nd round I have Blues > Wild, Kings > Ducks, Bruins > Habs, Pens > Rangers
3rd is Kings > Blues and Bruins > Pens
Cup is Bruins > Kings

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Me too! :yo:

I'll hopefully be wearing my Giroux jersey a ton in the upcoming months.

If the Flyers make it past the Rangers, then I have no doubt they will be a serious contender for the Finals.

I doubt St.Louis will make it to the finals, they have been sliding for the past month or so.

I had the Bruins and Anaheim in the finals, I believe.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to have an awfully difficult time working today. Extremely excited for the playoffs. I almost feel like I enjoy it more when it's teams I don't care about.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I am cheering for Montreal/ Detroit.. They are one of the others teams I watch besides Calgary. I like Iggy, but I am not a fan of Boston. Other than Iggy I like Bergeron, Krejci, Smith and Eriksson. Other than that not a fan of the other players on the team.

edit: Don't get me wrong. I want Iggy to win the cup, but not with Boston.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
So if anyone's interested, I created a CFHF Playoff Bracket league on NHL.com.

I named the league CFHF Playoff Bracket. The password is bench backlund.

Hopefully a couple of you guys can join before the 5pm MT deadline.

Last edited:

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
I am cheering for Montreal/ Detroit.. They are one of the others teams I watch besides Calgary. I like Iggy, but I am not a fan of Boston. Other than Iggy I like Bergeron, Krejci, Smith and Eriksson. Other than that not a fan of the other players on the team.

edit: Don't get me wrong. I want Iggy to win the cup, but not with Boston.

Someone is pulling an AH:sarcasm:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm looking forward to seeing all y'all's brackets. I'm also looking forward to blowing you all out of the water with my particular penchant for prognostic prowess.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Lol, I didn't realize you couldn't look at other people's brackets yet, and I clicked a name and was like 'Man this guy has an identical bracket to mine, I must be on the right track!':help:

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
dammit, I missed it.

Can I do my bracket on here and we can just track it manually for me?

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
I picked PIT in 5 I think but I'd much rather see CBJ take the series. I'm happy to see them digging in there leading after 20 minutes.

They remind me of our Flames!

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Two great games going on right now..

Pitt needs better defensemen, it's a joke, really.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It's a nightmare trying to prepare a nice dinner. :facepalm:

Btw that Tesla coil in Tampa is basically the coolest thing ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad