Line Combos: the 2014-2015 lines

acr*

2015 lineup. scoring, speed and IQ add.

Lucic-Krejci-Khokhlachev
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Spooner-Soderberg-Eriksson
Paille-Lindblad-Florek

Six-million dollar fourth line not considered.

Yeah, I can't wait for Koko, Spooner, Linblad, and Florek to get up to Boston and show this club about hockey IQ.

This would also be the weakest forward group in the NHL. Without a doubt. By a mile. Uncontested.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
knight is awful, whats with the love affair with some for this guy?

this is the third or fourth time you've posted this same comment in the past couple of months. Lame cheap shot but I'm sure you have experience with the word. I'm pretty much a one man Knight guy so I will assume you are addressing this at me. I will reply once and go ignore because reading you over time I have to admit I think you got your head up your ass on more than just this; and if you think Knight blows dog chunks that is good for me considering what I think of your opinions. The first time you posted it I'm 'what a ******'. Second time I looked to see if you had a player he is competing with (based on a PM speculating) and I read your posts and I think 'who's awful' why am I reading this crap? ignore thread, sorry for the delay but your deep 'Knight is awful' crap I don't need to read. If you had a ****ing clue that would be one thing

Last edited:

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
People moving Yeti to the left and the right must have missed him being lost and invisible as a winger and a ****ing BEAST as a center. He's the 3rd line center, period.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Yeah, I can't wait for Koko, Spooner, Linblad, and Florek to get up to Boston and show this club about hockey IQ.
This would also be the weakest forward group in the NHL. Without a doubt. By a mile. Uncontested.

You are living in a 2011 past that still remains a good memory. But the future runs through Providence starting this season. Eight out of twelve veteran players remain intact in my lineup; it's the fourth line that I switch around, and that's to avoid that dreaded six-million-dollar fourth line pitfall.

Last edited:

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
krejci-lucic-bergeron-marchand-smith-soderberg-eriksson, really the worst nhl group (

krejci-lucic-bergeron-marchand-smith-soderberg-eriksson, really the worst nhl group (

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Some people overhyped him after he was drafted, they believed them. Average shot, average skating, weak hockey sense, undersized.

I'd go above average on everyone and I like my success rate on calling them if I may say so going back to Al Secord and Reggie Leach. Other than Geoff Courtnall cant think of a prospect who didn't turn out as well as I thought (although Courtnall did score over 350 goals so I wouldn't count that a loss really, and Ivan Boldeliev was good but not the star player I had him pegged for)...actually, McCrimmon...I thought if they were patient he could turn into a perennial all star. Miss, he was good but not what I thought. Still going 10 + year career on Knight and don't plan on missing now

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
this is the third or fourth time you've posted this same comment in the past couple of months. Lame cheap shot but I'm sure you have experience with the word. I'm pretty much a one man Knight guy so I will assume you are addressing this at me. I will reply once and go ignore because reading you over time I have to admit I think you got your head up your ass on more than just this; and if you think Knight blows dog chunks that is good for me considering what I think of your opinions. The first time you posted it I'm 'what a ******'. Second time I looked to see if you had a player he is competing with (based on a PM speculating) and I read your posts and I think 'who's awful' why am I reading this crap? ignore thread, sorry for the delay but your deep 'Knight is awful' crap I don't need to read. If you had a ****ing clue that would be one thing

Here's the perspective people have to remember when it comes to the Knight talk. Alex Fallstrom who wasn't much at Harvard and is a forward Tommy Cross could see time on the Bruins this year. Were not far from a Bourque/Pandolfo situation. Really its likely Ferlin, Fraser, Florek, Cunningham all dress for 10+ games this year. We have no money to spend and need to fill 2-3 roster spots with wingers.

So given that and the fact Knight is billed the physical tough player with offense hes in the mix automatically. Hes not competing against guys with 1 way contracts for a spot.

So yah nothing wrong with throwing him in the limited 5-6 player pool we have to fill these last couple spots. He can beat those guys out. Only Fraser has a leg up on anyone. 2 best guys play center.

(Sadly right now Knights probably in Fallstrom/Cross land and in my opinion needs to put in a good season like Kokolachev had last year to be up to NHL speed but he'll be in the mix until some of these guys prove themselves as NHL regulars...which might not happen meaning Knight might have 2-3 more years to crack the B's.)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Here's the perspective people have to remember when it comes to the Knight talk. Alex Fallstrom who wasn't much at Harvard and is a forward Tommy Cross could see time on the Bruins this year. Were not far from a Bourque/Pandolfo situation. Really its likely Ferlin, Fraser, Florek, Cunningham all dress for 10+ games this year. We have no money to spend and need to fill 2-3 roster spots with wingers.

So given that and the fact Knight is billed the physical tough player with offense hes in the mix automatically. Hes not competing against guys with 1 way contracts for a spot.

So yah nothing wrong with throwing him in the limited 5-6 player pool we have to fill these last couple spots. He can beat those guys out. Only Fraser has a leg up on anyone.

(Even though to me as a prospect hes in Fallstrom/Cross land and in my opinion needs to put in a good season like Kokolachev had last year to warrant consideration.)
delted- don't drink, post, and light fire works

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
haha don't worry, I have the same opinion of you as you have of me.

acr*

You are living in a 2011 past that still remains a good memory. But the future runs through Providence starting this season. Eight out of twelve veteran players remain intact in my lineup; it's the fourth line that I switch around, and that's to avoid that dreaded six-million-dollar fourth line pitfall.

Yes, 2011 is ancient history and I am hanging on to the past. When you stop to think about the evolution of the league, I mean, how far we have come. Just 3 short years ago when you still needed archaic things like team defense, an NHL caliber offense, body checking, experience, and dare I even mention toughness, to win. Thank god none of those things matter to win the Stanley Cup now. You're absolutely right, taking stiffs out of last year's line up like Iginla, Kelly, Campbell, and Thornton and replacing them with NHL titans like Ryan Spooner, Alex Khokolachev, Matt Linblad, and Justin Florek is the way to go. What, with their combined 2 NHL goals, there is no way we lose. BEST LINE UP EVER

I'll see you at the parade!!!!!

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Some people overhyped him after he was drafted, they believed them. Average shot, average skating, weak hockey sense, undersized.
well this is exactly what he is; if he ever makes it, it will be as a 4th liner and it would be a huge downgrade from paille...regardless of what dkh thinks, i know prospects better than most here. Before I went into policing, I was doing some scouting, and have many friends who are still scouting CHL and NCAA. We keep in touch, I ask them things, they tell me things. They know more than most here. I know more than most here. I obviously offended DKH, not sure why, maybe he is related to Knight. All I said was I dont understand some people's love affair with Knight. If he even makes the NHL I will be surprised.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Yes, 2011 is ancient history and I am hanging on to the past. When you stop to think about the evolution of the league, I mean, how far we have come. Just 3 short years ago when you still needed archaic things like team defense, an NHL caliber offense, body checking, experience, and dare I even mention fighting, to win. Thank god none of those things matter to win the Stanley Cup now. You're absolutely right, taking stiffs out of last year's line up like Iginla, Kelly, Campbell, and Thornton and replacing them with NHL titans like Ryan Spooner, Alex Khokolachev, Matt Linblad, and Justin Florek is the way to go. What, with their combined 2 NHL goals, there is no way we lose. BEST LINE UP EVER I'll see you at the parade!!!!!

Iginla and Thornton are gone, period, and destined to be replaced. Kelly is returning after back surgery, and Campbell suffered a severe leg injury. Get a grip and the future will take care of itself. I happen to like the team's prospects and believe they can help.

acr*

Iginla and Thornton are gone, period, and destined to be replaced. Kelly is returning after back surgery, and Campbell suffered a severe leg injury. Get a grip and the future will take care of itself. I happen to like the team's prospects and believe they can help.

I'm all for Iginla and Thornton being gone; too pricey and too old. No tears are being shed over them leaving from this guy. Kelly and Campbell will play though. Campbell's leg injury was over a year ago and he played all last season on it. Kelly's back is not something that is likely to keep him out either.

I also have faith in our prospects too, but changing out a quarter of our forwards with unproven players is a recipe for a poor season and early playoff exit. There are open spots and I expect 2 rookies to make the team and in appropriate roles. Linblad and Koko will not make this team though. Nor should they. There is no reason to rush Koko and there are better options ahead of him. You have Matt Linblad penciled in as the 4th line center? He is a minus player with a whopping 55 career pro games. You think this guy is ready for the NHL?

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
2015 Bruins deadline
FORWARDS
Milan Lucic ($6.000m) / David Krejci ($5.250m) / Loui Eriksson ($4.250m)
Brad Marchand ($4.500m) / Patrice Bergeron ($6.500m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)
Ryan Spooner ($0.760m) / Carl Soderberg ($1.008m) / Reilly Smith ($2.000m)
Daniel Paille ($1.300m) / Gregory Campbell ($1.600m) / Matt Fraser ($0.688m)
Bobby Robins ($0.600m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Zdeno Chara ($6.917m) / Dougie Hamilton ($0.894m)
Dennis Seidenberg ($4.000m) / Tim Gleason ($0.600m—50.00%)
Torey Krug ($3.000m) / Kevan Miller ($0.800m)
Zach Trotman ($0.660m) /
GOALTENDERS
Tuukka Rask ($7.000m)
Niklas Svedberg ($0.600m)
LTIR
Marc Savard ($4.027m)
BONUS OVERAGE
$4,779,500
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,806,167; BONUSES: $710,000
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $193,833

Moves at the deadline...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad