Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson/new guy
Fraser-Bergeron-Smith
Marchand-Soderberg-new guy/Eriksson
Kelly-Campbell-Miller

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-Boychuk
Krug/Bartkowski-McQuaid

"new guy" comes from trading

Kevin Miller? Interesting, not sure that`s in Claude`s wheelhouse of comfort though

I`m kind of hesitant to move Loui away from Sods, the two really looked like they had developed a nice chemistry

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Ideal lineup

Lucic/Kejci/Gaborik
Marchand/Bergeron/Iginla
Eriksson/Soderberg/Smith
Paille/Campbell/Robbins

Chara - Hamilton
Seids - Boychuck
Krug - McQuaid
Miller

Rask
Johnson

Best Realistic Lineup

Lucic/Krejci/Iginla
Marchand/Bergeron/Smith
Kelly/Soderberg/Eriksson
Paille/Campbell/Robbins

D - Same as Above

G- Same as Above

The bottom line is this: we have a lineup that is capable of winning the Cup. If we move major pieces, we are just as likely to become worse as better. Mabye more so. We are better off waiting to the deadline to address a specific need than trading a proven player now.

Spooner, Koko and Fraser can always beat out Kelly for a spot, but Kelly brings a lot of speed to the lineup, and is a proven commodity, so he won't go quietly.

Still like are chances with either lineup. Just need to stay healthy and play our best at the most critical times.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Kevin Miller? Interesting, not sure that`s in Claude`s wheelhouse of comfort though

I`m kind of hesitant to move Loui away from Sods, the two really looked like they had developed a nice chemistry

Sure Kevin. Try him there in pre-season and see how it works. If it does that solves our D "problem" plus gives us some injury insurance on the back end. Couldn't hurt.

Bosnyi

Bruins-islanders
Apr 10, 2014
massachusets
Ideal lineup

Lucic/Kejci/Gaborik
Marchand/Bergeron/Iginla
Eriksson/Soderberg/Smith
Paille/Campbell/Robbins

Chara - Hamilton
Seids - Boychuck
Krug - McQuaid
Miller

Rask
Johnson

Best Realistic Lineup

Lucic/Krejci/Iginla
Marchand/Bergeron/Smith
Kelly/Soderberg/Eriksson
Paille/Campbell/Robbins

D - Same as Above

G- Same as Above

The bottom line is this: we have a lineup that is capable of winning the Cup. If we move major pieces, we are just as likely to become worse as better. Mabye more so. We are better off waiting to the deadline to address a specific need than trading a proven player now.

Spooner, Koko and Fraser can always beat out Kelly for a spot, but Kelly brings a lot of speed to the lineup, and is a proven commodity, so he won't go quietly.

Still like are chances with either lineup. Just need to stay healthy and play our best at the most critical times.

i completely agree with not changing alot but i dont see how gaborik would fit in our line up, he's way too oft injured and he's aking for more than iggy.

i also think kelly NEEDS to go there is no place for him here when he's the worst player on the team and paid 3mil, spooner and koko are definetly faster than kelly, the guys 33 and doesnt even play center anymore there's no point in keeping him

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
i completely agree with not changing alot but i dont see how gaborik would fit in our line up, he's way too oft injured and he's aking for more than iggy.

i also think kelly NEEDS to go there is no place for him here when he's the worst player on the team and paid 3mil, spooner and koko are definetly faster than kelly, the guys 33 and doesnt even play center anymore there's no point in keeping him

Gaborik is a big, extremely fast, experienced right winger that just scored 14 goals for the Stanley Cup winners. He is exactly what we need. But, like you said, the price and term will prohibit it.

As for Kelly, I think he can still be useful. He's in a contract year, and he has a lot of playoff experience. One of the kids can beat him out, but they are going to have to earn it. Also, I think we upgrade on the wing at the deadline, and Kelly could be a very useful 13th forward.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Without predicting any trades getting the bruins anyone else I could see it like

Lucic-krecji-eriksson
Marchand-bergeron-smith
Spooner/khoklachev-soderberg-cunningham/Fraser
Paille-kelly-florek
Campbell

Chara-boychuk
Seidenberg-hamilton
Krug-miller
Bartkowski

Rask
Svedberg

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Without predicting any trades getting the bruins anyone else I could see it like

Lucic-krecji-eriksson
Marchand-bergeron-smith
Spooner/khoklachev-soderberg-cunningham/Fraser
Paille-kelly-florek
Campbell

Chara-boychuk
Seidenberg-hamilton
Krug-miller
Bartkowski

Rask
Svedberg

Campbell as the 13th forward? Zero chance. He's either 4th line C or traded.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Chia needs to make some moves. Not impressed that he could not move Iggy or Mez's rights for something before UFA. Stevie Y is getting it done in Tampa as he is moving salary very successfully for draft picks.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Soderberg - Krejci - Eriksson
Lucic - Bergeron - Marchand
Fraser - Spooner/Khoklachev - Smith
Paille - Campbell - Florek/Lindblad

Trade Kelly for a 7th round pick

I realize this lineup would never happen but I think it would be cool to see Loui on the top line while still keeping the Yeti with him. Only problem with this lineup is that Soderberg seems a bit better at center than he did on the wing and that all of our wingers are left handed.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Lucic - Krejci - Vrbata
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Koko - Soderberg - Eriksson
Paille - Spooner - Campbell
Robins

Chara - Hamilton
Seidenberg - Boychuk
Krug - Miller
Bartkowski

Rask
Svedberg

Dump Kelly and McQuaid somewhere.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
My guess is Kelly goes in a soft deal for a low end prospect or pick. They bring in a RH shot winger either off the remaining UFA scrap heap or via trading one of the excess d-men. Say something like McQuaid and a decent pick or prospect for Cam Atkinson for example. Loui bumps up, either Spooner or Koko fill that empty LW spot and away you go.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
Lucic - Krejci - Vrbata
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
Koko - Soderberg - Eriksson
Paille - Spooner - Campbell
Robins

Chara - Hamilton
Seidenberg - Boychuk
Krug - Miller
Bartkowski

Rask
Svedberg

Dump Kelly and McQuaid somewhere.
I don't mind this lineup but would rather see Spooner get big minutes in the AHL than play 10 minutes a night with Paille and Campbell.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Lucic-Krejci-Spooner
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Khokhlachev-Soderberg-Eriksson
Paille-Kelly-Fraser/Florek

Chara-Boychuck
Seidenberg-Hamilton
Mcquaid/Miller-Krug

Spooner takes over more of the playmaker roll on the first line and Krejci more of a goal scorer. Krejci has a good shot and I think he will be ok in this mind set. Poor mans St. Louis/ Stamkos combo. Koko adds speed and skill to the third line. 4th line has more speed and skill instead of the pure shutdown merlot line. This a little smaller less physical line up then bs fans are use to but it was said across the board this team was lacking speed and skill last year. I think the younger line up could breath some fresh air into this team.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
Problem is Savard.

This isn't cap compliant come start of season...because of Savvy's contract. It is cap compliant come day 2 of the season though.

So, how does this work?

Might have to move McQuaid or Marchand AND Kelly instead of Campbell.

Lucic-Krejci-Spooner
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Khokhlachev-Soderberg-Eriksson
Paille-Kelly-Fraser/Florek

Chara-Boychuck
Seidenberg-Hamilton
Mcquaid/Miller-Krug

Spooner takes over more of the playmaker roll on the first line and Krejci more of a goal scorer. Krejci has a good shot and I think he will be ok in this mind set. Poor mans St. Louis/ Stamkos combo. Koko adds speed and skill to the third line. 4th line has more speed and skill instead of the pure shutdown merlot line. This a little smaller less physical line up then bs fans are use to but it was said across the board this team was lacking speed and skill last year. I think the younger line up could breath some fresh air into this team.

BruinsDude

Jan 18, 2007
Whitman, Ma
Lucic Krejci Erikksson
Marchsnd Bergeron Smith
Kelly Soderberg Fraser
Paille Campbell Florek

Chara Hamilton
Seidenberg Boychuck
Krug McQuaid
Miller Bartkowski

Rask
Svedberg

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
This stuff frustrates me...

WE CAN NOT AFFORD THIS!

We are about $5M (if not more) short.

Two of the following players need to be moved:

Marchand
Smith
Kelly
Eriksson
Krejci
Campbell
McQuaid
Boychuk
Krug

Lucic Krejci Erikksson
Marchsnd Bergeron Smith
Kelly Soderberg Fraser
Paille Campbell Florek

Chara Hamilton
Seidenberg Boychuck
Krug McQuaid
Miller Bartkowski

Rask
Svedberg

BruinsDude

Jan 18, 2007
Whitman, Ma
McQuaid and Kelly it is
Paille Soderberg Fraser
Florek S pooner Campbell

This stuff frustrates me...

WE CAN NOT AFFORD THIS!

We are about $5M (if not more) short.

Two of the following players need to be moved:

Marchand
Smith
Kelly
Eriksson
Krejci
Campbell
McQuaid
Boychuk
Krug

David Krejci*

If we can dump Kelly and McQuaid's salaries, we should have enough to go after Bobby Ryan at the deadline and we can probably entice Ottawa to retain part of his salary, since it'd only be fore the rest of the year anyway with him being UFA. Ryan is better than 38 year old Iginla, go into the playoffs with a forward group of

Lucic Krejci Ryan
Marchand Bergeron Smith
Paille Soderberg Eriksson
Campbell Spooner ?

That ? can be a cheap, (CHEAP) veteran, or maybe a guy like Fraser who has a decent shot that Campbell can set him up. The only thing is PKing. With the loss of Kelly, do you now have Krejci taking those PK minutes? I am not okay with that at all. I don't have an answer here.

We also have lots of guys in Providence who can compete for depth at the wing position. Guys like Florek, Cunningham, Griffith, Camara, Fraser obviously. I haven't heard anything about Khoklachev being able to play wing.

D and goalies:

Chara Hamilton
Seids Boychuk
Krug Miller

Rask
Svedberg

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
Looks like this is the opening day roster sans Kelly/McQuaid:

20 man roster. Then after opening day, Savvy is put in LTIR and Bartkowski, Caron and Khoko are called up and Fraser, Florek can rotate in and out.

Leaves us $4M for a deadline deal for a winger.

CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
2014-15
FORWARDS
Milan Lucic ($6.000m) / David Krejci ($5.250m) / Loui Eriksson ($4.250m)
Brad Marchand ($4.500m) / Patrice Bergeron ($6.500m) /
Ryan Spooner ($0.760m) / Carl Soderberg ($1.008m) / Reilly Smith ($2.400m)
Daniel Paille ($1.300m) / Gregory Campbell ($1.600m) / Bobby Robins ($0.600m)
Marc Savard ($4.027m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Zdeno Chara ($6.917m) / Dougie Hamilton ($0.894m)
Johnny Boychuk ($3.367m) / Dennis Seidenberg ($4.000m)
Kevan Miller ($0.800m) / Torey Krug ($2.400m)
GOALTENDERS
Tuukka Rask ($7.000m)
Niklas Svedberg ($0.600m)
BONUS OVERAGE
$4,779,500
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15)
SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $68,952,476; BONUSES: $710,000
CAP SPACE (20-man roster): $47,524

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad