Prospect Info: The 2013 NHL Entry Draft: Part II | [Avs Currently In: 29th overall]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Have you watched Elliott over the last few weeks? He's playing great. For me, I have no problem with his game right now. Top 4? No, not yet, but he's well on his way. I think he's got a great shot at a full time spot for next year at this rate....even if we draft Jones.

Yes, but its been a relatively small sample size. And what I said is still 100% true. Its not a guarantee that Elliott and Siemens become top 4 Dmen. They may both be on there way and looking good right now, but its no guarantee....

I don't understand why you quoted me? I didn't say they weren't going to be top 4 guys. But it isn't a set in stone guarantee.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
As expected, no help from Florida today.

At worst we look like we'll have the 4th overall. At best the 1st. I'm fine with that.

Anyone of Jones, MacK, Drouin or Barkov would be a significant asset for our club. Of course, Jones would be the best consolation prize to a poor season like this.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Not sure if it's been posted, but here's MacKinnon's hat-trick from yesterday.

CantTouchThis

Feb 16, 2012
Town in Country
lets just draft both...and jones..ok?

Get on it Sherman!
88850283_display_image.jpg

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Drouin had 5 points in the game.

Including two big assists for MacKinnon's second and third goals.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Drouin had 5 points in the game.

Including two big assists for MacKinnon's second and third goals.

Stastny will be able to setup Mack just like Drouin does. With the way Mack plays it makes me think he'll be better off on the wing at the NHL where he can focus on being an offensive weapon. Stastny is also experienced enough to adjust and allow Mack to roam on the ice more.

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
Stastny will be able to setup Mack just like Drouin does. With the way Mack plays it makes me think he'll be better off on the wing at the NHL where he can focus on being an offensive weapon. Stastny is also experienced enough to adjust and allow Mack to roam on the ice more.

Stastny may not be with the Avs much longer if we draft another center. :laugh:

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007

Unless MacKinnon can develop a suitable powerforward-like game on the wing, he'd replace Stastny as our third center more likely. I think Drouin is the better winger for Staz simply because he is so elusive that Staz could thread a needle to Drouin who could deke out the last defender and get a breakaway.

Staz has no one like that sans Landeskog since Stewie left, Stewie would get open and Staz would find him at the top of the circles during an odd man rush and Stewie would just snipe the top corner of the net.

Staz needs either A. Powerforward with a high hockey IQ or a B. Sniper capable of generating a high degree of separation between himself and the defense.

If he can get a consistent winger of either variety he'll manage to revive his assists totals and people will stop riding him so hard over not scoring. Because he does everything else but get the assist numbers that he used to get when he played with Smyth, Hejduk, Wolski and Stewart.

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
Code:
No team can drop more than one spot in the draft order. The odds of winning:

30th place: 25.0%
29th place: 18.8%
28th place: 14.2%
27th place: 10.7%
26th place: 8.1%
25th place: 6.2%
24th place: 4.7%
23rd place: 3.6%
22nd place: 2.7%
21st place: 2.1%
20th place: 1.5%
19th place: 1.1%
18th place: 0.8%
17th place: 0.5%

So if we finish 29th, we have a chance to win the first overall and are guaranteed at least the third overall?

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Code:

So if we finish 29th, we have a chance to win the first overall and are guaranteed at least the third overall?

Exactly. Finishing 29th guarantees us a top 3 pick.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Great! I'd be happy with anyone of the top 3 guys

Here is our chances depending on where we finish.

30th: 25% 1st pick. 75% 2nd pick.

29th: 18.8% 1st pick. 25% 2nd pick. 56.2% 3rd pick.

28th: 14.2% 1st pick. 0% 2nd pick. 43.8% 3rd pick. 42% 4th pick.

27th: 10.7% 1st pick. 0% 2nd pick. 0% 3rd pick. 58% 4th pick. 30.3% 5th pick.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Code:

29th would be ideal IMO.

Guaranteed one of the big 3, and still have a good chance to move up into the #1 spot.

Its a win-win situation.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Unless MacKinnon can develop a suitable powerforward-like game on the wing, he'd replace Stastny as our third center more likely. I think Drouin is the better winger for Staz simply because he is so elusive that Staz could thread a needle to Drouin who could deke out the last defender and get a breakaway.

Staz has no one like that sans Landeskog since Stewie left, Stewie would get open and Staz would find him at the top of the circles during an odd man rush and Stewie would just snipe the top corner of the net.

Staz needs either A. Powerforward with a high hockey IQ or a B. Sniper capable of generating a high degree of separation between himself and the defense.

If he can get a consistent winger of either variety he'll manage to revive his assists totals and people will stop riding him so hard over not scoring. Because he does everything else but get the assist numbers that he used to get when he played with Smyth, Hejduk, Wolski and Stewart.

You don't think Mackinnon fits this? Mack also plays somewhat of a hard nosed power type game.

I think Drouin would be better with Duchene personally.

Mack's stick handling ability goes unnoticed a little with Drouin around, but Mack can handle the puck in full stride much like Duchene can.

--------- Duchene - Parenteau

Landeskog - O'Reilly - Downie

--------- Stastny - Mackinnon

McGinn could take one spot, while we'd still need to find one more winger. Stalberg would fit as a big fast grinder for Duchene's line. Stalberg knows how to play with skill guys as well.

(I refuse to pencil Jones into the top 9 but one of those spots will probably be David Jones unfortunately.)

Stastny could also be interesting as a play-making left wing, if Mackinnon can learn to get good at face-offs and isn't transitioning to wing very well.

Edit : I wonder how much we'd need to add to Stastny to get Eriksson out of Dallas? Probably too much though, they weren't able to keep Roy and still need another top 6 center.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig