The 2013-2014 NHL Playoffs Thread

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
What's funny is that even though they lead the series 2-0, the Kings have not held a lead in the series for any measurable amount of time.

A lot of things seem to be going the Kings' way this year. Starting with the SJS series; thought they were done when Marleau scored on a flukey goal in game 3, but their luck changed big time since then, and seem to get most of the bounces going their way. It would have easily been any of Ducks, Hawks, or Kings in the finals this year, with a fluke going here or there, a lot of parity at the top of the conference.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
A lot of things seem to be going the Kings' way this year. Starting with the SJS series; thought they were done when Marleau scored on a flukey goal in game 3, but their luck changed big time since then, and seem to get most of the bounces going their way. It would have easily been any of Ducks, Hawks, or Kings in the finals this year, with a fluke going here or there, a lot of parity at the top of the conference.
I can't help but think the Ducks really ****ed up when they moved Penner at the deadline for basically nothing. I know Penner isn't a world beater but he's had success in the playoffs and that big body would've been perfect for the series against the Kings. Considering how close that series was it's not unreasonable to think Penner could've been the difference.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I can't help but think the Ducks really ****ed up when they moved Penner at the deadline for basically nothing. I know Penner isn't a world beater but he's had success in the playoffs and that big body would've been perfect for the series against the Kings. Considering how close that series was it's not unreasonable to think Penner could've been the difference.

They really thought they were going to be able to land Kesler. So they shipped off Fasth/Penner to make salary room.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
That's who it was, I couldn't remember who they were targeting but yeah I remember it was solely to make room for a player they were never able to acquire. I honestly think if they didn't make that move, they're the ones in the finals right now.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
A man of many words.

Every time I see Darryl Sutter I think of this

Samseditorial.jpg

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site

Yep,

They also could have added a rock solid defensive D. Their top-4 have some lack of experience in the post-season; and extra vet D that can sub in as a top-4 defensive D would have made it even closer, or pushed them over the top.

I remember many Ducks fans inquired about Z at the deadline, that would be the kind of player that they would have been looking for.

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
Thank God the Rags decided to show up to extend this out. Maybe this will become a series...........

or Kings just wanted to win in LA..

OR

Bettman orchestrated the Kings to lose so he won't get booed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad