The 2013-2014 NHL Playoffs Thread

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
BpOUGw3CYAAmdQS.jpg

Well, at least they got the name of the hockey team right this time. :laugh:

What, that's an actual legit news organization?

LOL

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
BpOUGw3CYAAmdQS.jpg

Well, at least they got the name of the hockey team right this time. :laugh:

Haha It took me a minute to figure it out, headed to playoffs should be headed to the SCF. I don't really blame whoever made it too much, hockey is the last place sport in LA. Basketball, baseball, American football, and Mexican soccer are all significantly more watched and followed than hockey. Yes, Phoenix is the same as well. That's why I kind of don't mind the Kings winning because it can make more people in LA interested in the sport.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Haha It took me a minute to figure it out, headed to playoffs should be headed to the SCF. I don't really blame whoever made it too much, hockey is the last place sport in LA. Basketball, baseball, American football, and Mexican soccer are all significantly more watched and followed than hockey. Yes, Phoenix is the same as well. That's why I kind of don't mind the Kings winning because it can make more people in LA interested in the sport.

Yea but I don't ever really recall the other media markets being this bad consistently, even in markets that are just like LA and Phoenix.

Looks like Target took a page out of the LA Media book here.

10411314_779176712115170_1728146539903021256_n.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if Liz Habib really inspired others to make this kind of shirt.

Last edited:

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
That's likely a photoshop but if it's not it's going to look great on some 3rd world dude!

KG

Sep 23, 2010
More interesting to see Denver in the top 10. I thought some eastern teams would have beaten them out.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Denver is pretty hockey crazy thanks to a lot of success despite not being there that long (relatively) and of course now they are absolutely stacked with youth that is not only extremely talented but also extremely entertaining. Plus the University of Denver hockey team has had some serious success too.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Ratings for the first SCF game...

b782f510-ed01-11e3-8872-21064519cad0_FSADSSAFASFSA.jpg

Really interesting to see Vegas in the top 10.

Not really, Vegas is a betting town. I am sure there were people that had no interest in the game watching because they had some dollars bet on the game.

Las Vegas has a lot of So Cal Transplants, which I often hear the residents of Sin City often complain about with regards to traffic. :laugh: Also, it helps the Kings in that market considering they have that yearly preseason game at the MGM Grand called the Frozen Fury vs the Avs. Sometime I wish the Coyotes would play preseason games in order to make new fans in that market.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Denver is pretty hockey crazy thanks to a lot of success despite not being there that long (relatively) and of course now they are absolutely stacked with youth that is not only extremely talented but also extremely entertaining. Plus the University of Denver hockey team has had some serious success too.

Do you think Roy has something to do with it also? I mean, I remember the glass incident from the beginning of the year, but they are a young team, and they are talented. It's hard to get excited for that team to do well to be honest. Then again, I might be a bit biased. The Red Wings/Avalanche rivalry kind of pulled me into hockey a bit more than I was. Sakic, Forsburg, Roy, that team was amazing. Nothing against the Red Wings, they had an amazing team also. The NHL could use a rivalry that was so heated between 2 great teams like that again.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Do you think Roy has something to do with it also? I mean, I remember the glass incident from the beginning of the year, but they are a young team, and they are talented. It's hard to get excited for that team to do well to be honest. Then again, I might be a bit biased. The Red Wings/Avalanche rivalry kind of pulled me into hockey a bit more than I was. Sakic, Forsburg, Roy, that team was amazing. Nothing against the Red Wings, they had an amazing team also. The NHL could use a rivalry that was so heated between 2 great teams like that again.
I think the closest they have right now is Montreal and Boston.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Gotta hand it to the Rangers so far, Lunqvist has been up to task and their speed especially off the rush has been giving the Kings fits.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Game 1 loss was on the Rangers.
Game 2 loss was on the Refs. That Non-Goaltender Interference call in the 3rd and Non-Delay of Game call in the 2OT were both brutal.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Game 1 loss was on the Rangers.
Game 2 loss was on the Refs. That Non-Goaltender Interference call in the 3rd and Non-Delay of Game call in the 2OT were both brutal.

Love it when people blame the refs.

Yes, that non-delay of game call was crap, but Rags lost 5 on 5. Kings didn't have an advantage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad