The 2013-14 Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Finally, a fill in for Chris Conner. Need to keep that average below 6'0".

:laugh: looks like

Trying to watch the yesterday's game while doing things around the house.

Bennett playing LW on a line with Koasew and Ebbett.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
No, unfortunately.

The only time I saw him was in Pens prospect camp. And the impression I got from THAT day was he looked like his wheels were taking him much faster than his hockey sense could handle. Little water bug out there. But that was the only time I saw him, so I hope he gets in some of these last WBS games.

Would definitely be interested in reading your view of him.

Crazy speed. Really fluid and faster than Megna, with a more powerful stride. He flashes skill and can get you excited, but generally nothing comes of it.

Don't let him fool you into thinking he is a top six guy, and he may be one of your favorite fwd prospects. Of course that isn't saying much because of who is down there though. You will love his work ethic and speed, no doubt.

Burgs

Sep 10, 2005
Reid McNeill is getting better throughout the season at dropping the gloves. He starting to switch hands when he fights. I am starting to think that PL3 is showing him some tips because they have the same technical style. I love it. With the lack of toughness on WBS, Reid McNeill is showing that he is willing to take a new role. Hopefully we have a new Harrison Ruopp in the system.

Good catch. Bombulie recently confirmed that McNeill wanted to add fighting to his skillset, and is taking lessons from Leblond. Hynes seems pretty happy with his overall development, too:
McNeill mastering the skill of dropping the gloves

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I am quite a bit more excited about tonight's WBS game than I am about the rest of the Pens games. Does that make me a bad person?

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Crazy speed. Really fluid and faster than Megna, with a more powerful stride. He flashes skill and can get you excited, but generally nothing comes of it.

Don't let him fool you into thinking he is a top six guy, and he may be one of your favorite fwd prospects. Of course that isn't saying much because of who is down there though. You will love his work ethic and speed, no doubt.

Good stuff Jiggy, thanks.

Even if he is not overly productive, if he can bring a little excitement to the forward stable, it will be great to see.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Archibald wearing #42.

WBS controlling the play, but Providence gets the 1st goal on their first scoring chance. WBS on the PP now.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Curious to hear what you think of the kid. I only saw him in that streamed playoff game a week or so ago, and he didn't really distinguish himself.

Hopefully he plays well.

Nothing of note yet. A couple shifts in and also 1st unit PP time, not much to report. His speed is very evident though. But hasn't had the puck yet except for a couple quick touches. Went to the net a few times and almost had some opportunity but no puck luck in receiving the puck.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Not much to write home about so far.

The only notes I would have, Reid and Samuelsson miscommunication led to Bruins goal.

D'Agostino with a terrible giveaway in the D zone, which lead to some good Bruins puck possession, and a scoring chance.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Archibald with one period in.

Not too much going on, but he was in several puck battles and you can see he is a competitor. Works hard, and is going to hit or stick you before you hit him. Really good speed. Knows where the net is.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Listening to BB interview. Good stuff

What have you been told will be your role upon returning to Pittsburgh?

"I honestly haven't been talking too much with them about that.....I honestly don't care. A lot of people put so much emphasis on 'oh you gonna play top 6, bottom 6, like what's going on?'...honestly I just wanna play wherever I can make an impact, have some success...the ultimate goal is to win, so whatever clicks is where I want to be. Wherever that is, I don't care, 3rd , 4th line, is where I want to be, so it'll be good if we get down there and get some chemistry with some guys, and start progressing towards the playoffs."

What did last years playoff teach you?

"It was awesome, you definitely ramp it up a level, the intensity is a bit higher. That was my first experience of professional playoff hockey. That first playoff series I got in some games, I wasn't really ready for the grind that really is a seven game series, then I sat out a lot in the next series, only got in one game in that. And then got into the Boston games and that was a battle as well. You can see what makes you successful in the playoffs, the way Boston played against us, hard, physical, tough....I think that is what we have got to do going forward for a series run."

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Watching ahl live and the announcers don't know their mic is on. Pretty funny.

They know. What we hear on AHL live is everything. As they don't take the commercials breaks that they show on the telecas/radio broadcast t in the WBS area. So we get to hear the behind the scenes stuff.

(going to bail out of this game, and watch something else, I hope to watch the rest tomorrow. But hopefully others who are watching can provide some posts on what they see.)

JBreed02

May 12, 2013
Baden, PA
They know. What we hear on AHL live is everything. As they don't take the commercials breaks that they show on the telecas/radio broadcast t in the WBS area. So we get to hear the behind the scenes stuff.

(going to bail out of this game, and watch something else, I hope to watch the rest tomorrow. But hopefully others who are watching can provide some posts on what they see.)

Oh. I've never used ahllive before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad