Value of: The 13th pick to Toronto

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Considering there have muliple asks of Nylander+, I don't think any leaf fans could offer up a deal that be considered fair because fair seems to be delusional.

Leafs are not going to move up to 13th, doesn't make sense at all.
There have been essentially an equivalent number of posters suggesting the ask would likely be something around Liljegren. Considering Liljegren himself was a 17th overall pick last draft I’d say that’s relatively reasonable. The fact is if Leaf posters aren’t willing to give up comparable value (which Liljegren is) then I (and likely no one else) do not see the reasoning behind Dallas trading the pick for something clearly less valuable or a package of things each individually less valuable.

As to your last point we can certainly agree on the conclusion, if not the reasoning.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Hahahahaha!
Spot on. Nicely done.
Maybe the two of you should high five and go share a cigarette in the back of your dads camaro, it seems as if you’ve experienced a coming-of-age moment together. Just don’t look in each other’s eyes.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Well, this thread has not surprisingly turned into a trainwreck.

Well... yeah.

‘We want your first rounder. What do you want?’
‘Things with value?’
‘THINGS WITH VALUE??!!?!!’

I’m sure Leaf fans wanted to hear things like Connor Brown or renting Gardiner, but that’s not how things work when you’re trying to pry first rounders away from non playoff teams.

Reactions: Magic Mittens

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
You say this, yet here we are. Care to distract yourself long enough to contribute re: the thread topic?
Ive contributed as much as you have. Nothing. You've just been a tool the entire time. How many leafs fans have you convinced of anything other than you're arrogant. You really are one of those weird weasels who thinks they are smarter than everybody else, while consistently showing how big of a joke you are.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Well... yeah.

‘Things with value?’

I’m sure Leaf fans wanted to hear things like Connor Brown or renting Gardiner, but that’s not how things work when you’re trying to pry first rounders away from non playoff teams.

If only Dallas had finished with the 16th pick, I'm sure we could have found a spare AHL defenseman to send them.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Well... yeah.

‘Things with value?’

Lol...ya, the 13th pick is worth a former 8th pick with 2 60+ point seasons under his belt.....stupid Leafs fans...

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Lol...ya, the 13th pick is worth a former 8th pick with 2 60+ point seasons under his belt.....stupid Leafs fans...

There’s plenty of stupid on either side of any argument. Asking for Nylander or Nylander + is real stupid.

Just like those that think the 2nd pick is worth Draisaitl +. Guys like Nylander and Draisaitl are what you’re hoping to stumble across with draft picks.

Reactions: Tripod

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Ive contributed as much as you have. Nothing. You've just been a tool the entire time. How many leafs fans have you convinced of anything other than you're arrogant. You really are one of those weird weasels who thinks they are smarter than everybody else, while consistently showing how big of a joke you are.
False
False
And False.
I’ve contributed something, to your own admission I’ve been a tool, so that’s something. It’s almost like I’ve played this thread for the foolish farce it’s title implies and it’s actualization always realized.

Leaf fans have never convinced me of anything other than the existence of their unrelenting superiority complex, which you are again perpetuating.

I don’t think I’m smarter than everyone else, but I’m certain I’m not as dumb as your posts in this thread and your persistent victim complex.

I’m not quite such a big joke as Leaf fans refusing through three pages of this thread now to offer a single thing with value commensurate with the 13th pick. It’s almost as if the posting habits of a certain group of posters virtually assured this thread would become the trainwreck it has indeed become.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
False
False
And False.
I’ve contributed something, to your own admission I’ve been a tool, so that’s something. It’s almost like I’ve played this thread for the foolish farce it’s title implies and it’s actualization always realized.

Leaf fans have never convinced me of anything other than the existence of their unrelenting superiority complex, which you are again perpetuating.

I don’t think I’m smarter than everyone else, but I’m certain I’m not as dumb as your posts in this thread and your persistent victim complex.

I’m not quite such a big joke as Leaf fans refusing through three pages of this thread now to offer a single thing with value commensurate with the 13th pick. It’s almost as if the posting habits of a certain group of posters virtually assured this thread would become the trainwreck it has indeed become.
Truth
Truth and more truth. Everything you say is that of a whiny step child who's not getting as much attention as his smarter, more popular sibling. Your one and only post that contributed was after 3 pages, you took 1 post that was a reasonable offer, but poor plan for T.O. after somebody else had already responded to it and then pretend nobody has responded to anything. All youve done is whine and whine and whine. I have no superiority complex, I'm not better than anyone, i just cant stand dummies like you attempting to sound smart and play the holier than thou card. Youre nobody to leafs fans, youre not going to change thousands of opinions on this hockey forum and cleanse the main boards of leafs threads.
You dont like that? Ignore them, except you cant because youre blinded by your insane arrogance.
Reality is youre a nobody, just like me and everybody else on these boards. Youre just too dumb to see that nobody cares about your opinion.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Truth
Truth and more truth. Everything you say is that of a whiny step child who's not getting as much attention as his smarter, more popular sibling. Your one and only post that contributed was after 3 pages, you took 1 post that was a reasonable offer, but poor plan for T.O. after somebody else had already responded to it and then pretend nobody has responded to anything. All youve done is whine and whine and whine. I have no superiority complex, I'm not better than anyone, i just cant stand dummies like you attempting to sound smart and play the holier than thou card. Youre nobody to leafs fans, youre not going to change thousands of opinions on this hockey forum and cleanse the main boards of leafs threads.
You dont like that? Ignore them, except you cant because youre blinded by your insane arrogance.
Reality is youre a nobody, just like me and everybody else on these boards. Youre just too dumb to see that nobody cares about your opinion.
This is all very interesting, especially as it is directly contradictory. You claim to lack a Superiority Complex by claiming you are Superior, it’s truly an interesting position to defend. I can’t even argue with you it’s just so blatantly stupid.

I see you still haven’t come up with an offer that isn’t fantastical for the 13th pick can we all assume you admit that the Leafs aren’t willing to offer anything remotely worth the pick?

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
This is all very interesting, especially as it is directly contradictory. You claim to lack a Superiority Complex by claiming you are Superior, it’s truly an interesting position to defend. I can’t even argue with you it’s just so blatantly stupid.

I see you still haven’t come up with an offer that isn’t fantastical for the 13th pick can we all assume you admit that the Leafs aren’t willing to offer anything remotely worth the pick?
How is that claiming im superior in any way, you halfwit. By calling you an idiot, im in no way saying im smart or superior to you, im just acknowledging how stupid you are and how oblivious you are to it. You keep trying to pull out your thesaurus like its making you sound much more intelligent than you are, which is a tactic i used to use in english class back in highschool. You dont sound smart, you sound like an asshat.

I wont make an offer for the 13th pick, because it makes no sense for the leafs. It makes even less sense to try and draft a third line center with that pick. The whole thread was bad from the start, hence why leafs fans were saying it wasnt worth it. You just had to come whine because you want to be the HF police, but youre not. Give it up, kid. Nobody is going to listen to you police the boards in your black mask and cape from your parents basement.

"Captain asshat, saving hf boards one thread at a time from the bad guy leafs fans."

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
How is that claiming im superior in any way, you halfwit. By calling you an idiot, im in no way saying im smart or superior to you, im just acknowledging how stupid you are and how oblivious you are to it. You keep trying to pull out your thesaurus like its making you sound much more intelligent than you are, which is a tactic i used to use in english class back in highschool. You dont sound smart, you sound like an asshat.

I wont make an offer for the 13th pick, because it makes no sense for the leafs. It makes even less sense to try and draft a third line center with that pick. The whole thread was bad from the start, hence why leafs fans were saying it wasnt worth it. You just had to come whine because you want to be the HF police, but youre not. Give it up, kid. Nobody is going to listen to you police the boards in your black mask and cape from your parents basement.

"Captain asshat, saving hf boards one thread at a time from the bad guy leafs fans."
Fans of what team started the thread? I’m confused did Dallas fans start the thread offering their 13th overall pick to the Leafs for garbage? No? Okay then, this thread fits the trope and precedent established by countless such threads started BY LEAF FANS, FOR LEAF FANS. If you don’t want me to comment on these threads and this theme don’t participate in them and certainly don’t perpetuate the foolish mentalities they entail and you embody.

And for future reference if you assume the self-proclaimed “smarter, more popular” persona that’s a Superiority Complex and they’re your words not mine. What you’ve been doing for two pages now is a Victim Complex and it’s transparent. Grow up.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Moving up in the draft to select a guy who's 4-5 years away to address a center need in the now makes little sense to me. We need more center prospects, sure, but so do most teams. 3C can pretty easily be filled through free agency. Someone like Nash for example.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Fans of what team started the thread? I’m confused did Dallas fans start the thread offering their 13th overall pick to the Leafs for garbage? No? Okay then, this thread fits the trope and precedent established by countless such threads started BY LEAF FANS, FOR LEAF FANS. If you don’t want me to comment on these threads and this theme don’t participate in them and certainly don’t perpetuate the foolish mentalities they entail and you embody.

And for future reference if you assume the self-proclaimed “smarter, more popular” persona that’s a Superiority Complex and they’re your words not mine. What you’ve been doing for two pages now is a Victim Complex and it’s transparent. Grow up.
To be fair, when the thread was started with the OP offering the 25th pick with an unspecified plus. Then a poster, Manwithnoidenity (A wings fan by avatar) asked for Nylander ++ which was the beginning of the derailment of the thread.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
There are so many dumb comments in this thread that I started to feel bad for Leaf fans and then I see this post and I remember why everyone makes fun of you guys
You know scouts and analysts had Liljegren ranked as high as 3 prior to his mono year....right?

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Besides if the Leafs do not eat to give up Liljegren and that is a deal breaker for Dallas, than it is better not to make a deal. It doesn't mean Leaf fans or Stars fans lack hockey knowlage. Besides the OP suggested to move up with pick 25+. The + wouldn't be Liljegren.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Great...yet another Leafs thread cop....God knows we need more of those...:help:

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.

your reading comprehension follows right along with your ignorance pretty well, I never said I was smarter more popular than you, I said your step brother is. Maybe once you learn how to read, you'll be able to pratrol leafs threads with your aviators on ready to put the leafs fans in internet jail.

northstarnicky

Mar 3, 2004
Wisconsin
To be fair, when the thread was started with the OP offering the 25th pick with an unspecified plus. Then a poster, Manwithnoidenity (A wings fan by avatar) asked for Nylander ++ which was the beginning of the derailment of the thread.

With Liljegren, Rasanen, Gordeev and Greenway already in the pipeline. Makes more sense for the Leafs to sit where they are and just add either KAndre Miller (going to begin his Freshman year at Wisconsin, may play with Greenway) or Ryan Merkley (RHD with lots of offense and grit).

No sense in trading any existing prospect. Nylander still has incredible upside especially if he adds strength and more compete to his arsenal. A prospect drafted in the 1st round from the 12 to 16 spot has little to no more upside than one drafted where the Leafs will draft. Stay the course.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
your reading comprehension follows right along with your ignorance pretty well, I never said I was smarter more popular than you, I said your step brother is. Maybe once you learn how to read, you'll be able to pratrol leafs threads with your aviators on ready to put the leafs fans in internet jail.

Why would I ever venture to the Leafs board. That bastion of sanity is supposed to protect us all from these kinds of threads but instead here we are. When these types of things appear on the Main Boards you should not be surprised when I mock their stupidity or your own.

P.S. If you don’t understand the analogies you’re using or the implications they make perhaps you should refrain from using them. You don’t need any more help making yourself look like a fool.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Yes, yes indeed it appears we do.
What about my post do you feel needs policing? Take a quick look at who Bobby Mac has at #2 early in Lil's draft year prior to him getting sick and calls the best D man in the draft...here, i'll give folks a quote by Bob himself, "The Swede is the undisputed best defenseman in the draft...and it's not even close".

https://www.tsn.ca/mckenzie-s-pre-season-ranking-the-nolan-patrick-draft-1.567410

So take your pompous ass elsewhere....unless you think your hockey knowledge is above that of Bob McKenzie's?

Last edited:

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad