Value of: The 13th pick to Toronto

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I'll be honest, not sure I ever see the Leafs make that big of a deal to move up. Look at how Biggs was and that was only a few spots. Jumping up that high puts HUGE pressure on this kid to become something, instead of just taking someone where we are and saying "oh well sometimes they bust".

Reactions: wintersej

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
What is the rationale for the Leafs to move up for a center?

Once you get past Matthews and Kadri they have nothing, be it on the roster, or the prospect pool when your top center prospect is Gauthier you have a problem there.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
What are you offering? Big contrast between the specificity of the proposal--pick #13 and player you want--and the total absence of an offer.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Once you get past Matthews and Kadri they have nothing, be it on the roster, or the prospect pool when your top center prospect is Gauthier you have a problem there.

it's not like 3rd line center are the hardest thing to get... specialy for an upcoming team

Trading for the 13OV will cost you assets you wont want to part with!

i know Veleno hasn't delivered offensively like everyone thought he would but pretty sure he could be a pre-2017-2018 Couturier with better numbers. wich is a good two-way 2C, you guys already have kadri for that, just sign or make a minor trade for a decent 3C!

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
None of them are legitimate prospects
none of them are legitimate impact prospects, no one will be surprised if any of them is a 3rd line center. We also have Nylander who has a very decent chance of making the transition to center without missing a step

we definitely need to restock the cupboard with center prospects, but that shouldn't be confused with being in a dire situation on the big club roster

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
none of them are legitimate impact prospects, no one will be surprised if any of them is a 3rd line center. We also have Nylander who has a very decent chance of making the transition to center without missing a step

we definitely need to restock the cupboard with center prospects, but that shouldn't be confused with being in a dire situation on the big club roster

People keep sauing that about Nylander, it's just not true, because if it were, he wouldn't have ended up Plekanec's 2 games after Matthews went down, and Marleau wouldn't have been moved to center.

But Nylander did end up on Plekanec's wing and Marleau was shifted to center.

Hence it failed

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
People keep sauing that about Nylander, it's just not true, because if it were, he wouldn't have ended up Plekanec's 2 games after Matthews went down, and Marleau wouldn't have been moved to center.

Hence it failed

Go ahead and tell me who Marner's center was on his first playoff goal this year.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton

Hence it failed
Nylander centered Marner and Hyman for a while during Matthews injuries and spent a lot of time at center during Matthews injuries before we had Plekanec. He was 4th on the team in faceoffs taken this year with a 51.4% win rate

not sure if you've noticed, when Babcock doesn't have everyone in the lineup or things aren't working he shuffles lines like the mad hatter at a tea party so Nylander, like everyone, spent time all over the place this year

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
it's not like 3rd line center are the hardest thing to get... specialy for an upcoming team

Trading for the 13OV will cost you assets you wont want to part with!

i know Veleno hasn't delivered offensively like everyone thought he would but pretty sure he could be a pre-2017-2018 Couturier with better numbers. wich is a good two-way 2C, you guys already have kadri for that, just sign or make a minor trade for a decent 3C!

I do want them to sign or trade for a decent 3rd line center, I also want them to draft a couple centers this draft because they have nothing in the pipeline, Gauthier, Brooks, Lindholm and Altonen doesn't cut it.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I do want them to sign or trade for a decent 3rd line center, I also want them to draft a couple centers this draft because they have nothing in the pipeline, Gauthier, Brooks, Lindholm and Altonen doesn't cut it.

i understand this but an elite C is no where a need right now, Matthews is 20 year old and kadri is still at his peak, Still has a good 5-6 year ahead of him, trading or signing a free agents 3C and focusing on drafting Dmans would be much better. no rush to refill C prospects.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
A trade between different teams needs to accommodate each side. If the Leafs want the 13th OA - Dallas, they’re likely targeting which they badly need is a DMan. Leafs need to exchange someone similar ie Gardiner does not count.

Because this is a DMan Rich Draft, the Forward the Leaf want could fall in this range. Stars are likely going to ask for the following:

Liljegren
2018-3rd

For

2018-1st

Last edited:

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
As for an HF proposal, you won't come to a deal. Dallas fans will want our high-end players, we will counter with a guy like Brown, no one will be happy.

In real life, I'd be surprised if this were a possibility. Unless someone really, really high on the Leafs list is still there (let's say a top 5 player on the list), then they likely wouldn't want to pay the price to move up.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
i understand this but an elite C is no where a need right now, Matthews is 20 year old and kadri is still at his peak, Still has a good 5-6 year ahead of him, trading or signing a free agents 3C and focusing on drafting Dmans would be much better. no rush to refill C prospects.

Maybe it's because I still consider Dermott a prospect because he he hasn't played 50 games, but I think, D is a strength in terms of prospects.

You got

Liljegren
Dermott
Borgman
Rosen
Rasanen

Etc.

Drafting another D isn't a bad thing, it would give us ridiculous depth on D at least in terms of prospects but is already a strength.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Isn't Nylander a center?? Also why would they not look at like a Riley Nash or someone if they hit the UFA market for the 3C position. You guys would more than likely have to ship one of Dermott or Liljegren with an add to get the 13th pick. Not something you should be doing for a center when your issues are mainly on the blue line and not at forward especially not the center position. Alot of other cheaper options out there than trying to swing for the fences on Veleno.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
A trade between different teams needs to accommodate each side. If the Leafs want the 13th OA - Dallas, they’re likely targeting which they badly need is a DMan. Leafs need to exchange someone similar ie Gardiner does not count.

Because this is a DMan Rich Draft, the Forward the Leaf want could fall in this range. Stars are likely going to ask for the following:

Liljegren
2018-3rd

For

2018-1st
As hard as it may seem to believe Dallas does not need a dman. They need top 6 scorning.

Reactions: Crocoduck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad