Value of: The 13th pick to Toronto

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Wasn’t Nylander #8 overall...if so adding don’t make any sense. I wouldn’t do that trade!
I was laughing at the fact the guy thought the Leafs would have to add a lot to Nylander to get the 13th overall pick. Chances that draft pick puts up a 60 point rookie season is very low.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
If that's the deal then I would be happy to throw in an elite top 6 winger for the Leafs in Brett Ritchie. Can play on the 1st PP unit too. Worth at least Matthews++. Hitchcock told me so last season
leafs are gonna have to kick in marner then

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Hyman has played weith matthews for his entire career. matthews had 40g as a rookie then ppg+ as a sophomore.

so maybe babcock>>>leaffanforlife23?

Ya that's because Nylander who is not a scrub was also on that line

Hyman had VERY little to do with Matthews success

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Hyman (40pts last year with no pp time) and Brown (20g as a rookie, little PP time) are good enough linemates.

Hyman-Matthews-Brown
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
Johnsson-Nylander-Kapanen
Leivo- Lindholm- Aaltonen

top 5 in scoring once again

Doesn't seem like a lock to me for top 5 scoring. JVR + Bozak + Komarov combined, had 54 goals.

Kapanen and Johnsson both going to be 20 goal guys 100%? Nylanders production won't take a hit on 3rd line?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
recent picks

2017 - Suzuki
2016 - Bean
2015 - Zboril
2014 - Vrana
2013 - Morrisey
2012 - Faksa
2011 - Baertschi
2010 - Gormley
2009 - Kassian
2008 - Teubert
2007 - Eller
2006 - Tlusty
2005 - Zagrapan

thats 13 drafts. 1 guy is a top 4 dman (Morrisey). there are also a pair of 3C's (Eller/Faksa)
and a couple scoring 3rd line wingers (Vrana/Baertschi)

yeah, giving up multiple picks and prospects to move into a range that doesnt really have that much more success then where they are at makes no sense

notable 25th picks include Pastrnak, Roslovic, Cogliano and Berglund.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Ya that's because Nylander who is not a scrub was also on that line

Hyman had VERY little to do with Matthews success

yet matthews scored even when brown was on the line instead?

hyman was arguably the best leaf in the playoffs

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Doesn't seem like a lock to me for top 5 scoring. JVR + Bozak + Komarov combined, had 54 goals.

Kapanen and Johnsson both going to be 20 goal guys 100%? Nylanders production won't take a hit on 3rd line?

Matthews if healthy gets 10 extra goals
Nylander gets more PP time to account for the 3rd line duties
Marner likely gets more goals.
Brown gets more pp time. 20 as a rookie so talent is there

leafs will balance the scoring as usual. bozak and komarov only had 18 goals combined despite significant PP time, so that will be easily replaced. losing JVR could measn less goals for but it also could mean less goals against.

this team will be a 100+pt team again next year. guaranteed

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
yet matthews scored even when brown was on the line instead?

hyman was arguably the best leaf in the playoffs

Brown is also better than Hyman, Brown can do what Hyman does, and he's better offensively, Brown was a 20 goal rookie and he's never played with Matthews and Nylander, imagine what he could be if he got that shot

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
yeesh, you whiny little baby. Don't like the thread ignore it. Don't like any leafs threads? Don't click em. Its better than reading your sarcastic unwhitty little reply.
What does this word mean?

Also has a Leaf fan made a post in this thread yet concerning anything other than the Leafs?

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
What does this word mean?

Also has a Leaf fan made a post in this thread yet concerning anything other than the Leafs?
Its unwitty with an extra H. If you don't know what unwitty means however you can use Google to find your answer, however I assume this was just you being a sarcastic dickbag, like you always are regarding the leafs.

Leafs fans are concerned about their team in a thread about their team trading assets, what a shock. You always seem more concerned with us than anybody else anyways, maybe you can add something positive to a thread instead of being a giant, sarcastic :eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If that's the deal then I would be happy to throw in an elite top 6 winger for the Leafs in Brett Ritchie. Can play on the 1st PP unit too. Worth at least Matthews++. Hitchcock told me so last season

Well if your adding him I’m guessing it’s gonna be Andersen + Reilly + Gardiner + your 1st for the next 4 years. And maybe a 3rd

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Its unwitty with an extra H. If you don't know what unwitty means however you can use Google to find your answer, however I assume this was just you being a sarcastic dickbag, like you always are regarding the leafs.

Leafs fans are concerned about their team in a thread about their team trading assets, what a shock. You always seem more concerned with us than anybody else anyways, maybe you can add something positive to a thread instead of being a giant, sarcastic ****.
Some might claim there’s nothing positive about the thread anyway.

Still others may claim the thread belongs on the Leafs board since it just seems to be a bunch of back-and-forth between Leafs fans who largely seem to be ignoring even those Dal fans that have responded.

Still others (namely Stars fans) would claim that the thread is just a place for Leafs fans to try and hawk things they (Stars) don’t need and remove the only incentive (anything of comparable value) that could interest the Stars.

If you want me to stop being so negative about these threads maybe contribute to making them less formulaic, redundant, and blatantly ignorant of other teams needs. It seems to be dogma for certain groups of posters.

When you’re finished Googling some of those words, You’re Welcome.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Some might claim there’s nothing positive about the thread anyway.

Still others may claim the thread belongs on the Leafs board since it just seems to be a bunch of back-and-forth between Leafs fans who largely seem to be ignoring even those Dal fans that have responded.

Still others (namely Stars fans) would claim that the thread is just a place for Leafs fans to try and hawk things they (Stars) don’t need and remove the only incentive (anything of comparable value) that could interest the Stars.

If you want me to stop being so negative about these threads maybe contribute to making them less formulaic, redundant, and blatantly ignorant of other teams needs. It seems to be dogma for certain groups of posters.

When you’re finished Googling some of those words, You’re Welcome.
/r/iamverysmart material eh bud. Hope your whole class clapped behind you as you wrote that, the hottest girl in school made out with you and the principal gave you %100$.

You're an over the top whiner. It amazes me how much you can pretend you are trying to bring justice to the big bad leafs fans by doing nothing more than making stupid comments blanketing an entire fan base made of thousands of individual people.

I'm glad you have a big vocabulary though, it helps with the intensely pretentious persona you've developed.

Edit: reading your post again and I'm not sure which words you actually think need to be googled? Are you really that daft?

Last edited:

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
/r/iamverysmart material eh bud. Hope your whole class clapped behind you as you wrote that, the hottest girl in school made out with you and the principal have you %100$.

You're an over the top whiner. It amazes me how much you can pretend you are trying to bring justice to the big bad leafs fans by doing nothing more than making stupid comments blanketing an entire fan base made of thousands of individual people.

I'm glad you have a big vocabulary though, it helps with the intensely pretentious persona you've developed.

Edit: reading your post again and I'm not sure which words you actually think need to be googled? Are you really that daft?
Again if you want me to stop pointing out the ignorance of these posts, someone needs to stop perpetuating the cycle with inane and irrelevant posts. Has a single Leaf fan proposed anything in this thread (started by a Leaf fan) that would be considered by anyone as nearly equivalent value to the 13th pick?

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Again if you want me to stop pointing out the ignorance of these posts, someone needs to stop perpetuating the cycle with inane and irrelevant posts. Has a single Leaf fan proposed anything in this thread (started by a Leaf fan) that would be considered by anyone as nearly equivalent value to the 13th pick?
Have you? No, youre pretending to be the water bottle cop of the meany head leafs fans. You dont need to click on the thread and leave your useless comments, leafs fans wont stop because of your sarcastic dumb remarks and it just further derails the thread that you want to save for some reason, even though you hate it. Youre more of a problem than leafs fans because your arrogance makes you believe anybody cares enough about what you say that it will change their behavior.

It wont.

Reactions: bukwas

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
/r/iamverysmart material eh bud. Hope your whole class clapped behind you as you wrote that, the hottest girl in school made out with you and the principal have you %100$.

Hahahahaha!
Spot on. Nicely done.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Considering there have muliple asks of Nylander+, I don't think any leaf fans could offer up a deal that be considered fair because fair seems to be delusional.

Leafs are not going to move up to 13th, doesn't make sense at all.

Jan 21, 2018
Totally agree. If Liljegren had not been sick during his draft year, he would have gone top 5

There are so many dumb comments in this thread that I started to feel bad for Leaf fans and then I see this post and I remember why everyone makes fun of you guys

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Have you? No, youre pretending to be the water bottle cop of the meany head leafs fans. You dont need to click on the thread and leave your useless comments, leafs fans wont stop because of your sarcastic dumb remarks and it just further derails the thread that you want to save for some reason, even though you hate it. Youre more of a problem than leafs fans because your arrogance makes you believe anybody cares enough about what you say that it will change their behavior.

It wont.
You say this, yet here we are. Care to distract yourself long enough to contribute re: the thread topic?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad