The 10 Current Youngest Teams: Which team will be the first to win a cup?

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Montreal, next season, with a newly added Connor Bedard and a returning Carey Price.

LET'S f***ING GO!!!

FQZRuKzaUAAU0eg.jpg

Reactions: bobholly39

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Forwards. We don’t develop forwards

We’re a goalie factory, and pretty good at developing defensemen.

If Laf and Kakko were the dominant superstars everyone foresaw we'd be giving Boston a run for their money. Instead they're part of one of the better third lines in the league and the Rangers are firmly in playoff position but not dominant.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It would seem to be imo, NJ or NYR but something seems to be up with Rangers this year - even with an elite goalie...I think they need to get rid of Gallant.
Buffalo is a dark horse for me if they figure out their goaltending.
I also think Montreal's right there if they do their sell-off, this March and finally
rid themselves of byron, Drouin, hoffman and Dadonoff etc..this summer
AND have a great draft with their two 1st rounders.

The Rangers PP got significantly worse, Shesterkin's numbers have fallen to just above average rather than historically good and Panarin's numbers have taken a hit. Yet they're still firmly in playoff position in arguably in the toughest division in the NHL and 16-4-3 in their last 23.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I like the Devils core the most. Hoping for the Sabres but Buffalo sports teams are cursed.
I can see it know. In two years Buffalo wins the Presidents trophy and looks unbeatable. Cruise to the Stanley Cup round when the whole team becomes devastatingly ill due to bad seafood. They have to call up the Rochester Americans to play the series and incredibly make it to game seven tied at three when the puck bounces off the referees head, ricochets off a players finger nail and into Buffalo's net for the loss. "Always next year!!" They'll say.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Why? its literally a list of the youngest teams currently in the NHL. Are you surprised they are still one of the youngest?
Late response but yeah they have been competing for a while just assumed it was all rebuilding teams.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
My money is on NYR followed by NJ. The Kings have done a great job in getting younger over the years, they used to be one of the oldest teams in their cup years.

View attachment 642465
Sabres all the way. I can't believe ave age 25.90 and that's including old man Anderson followed not to far behind are Okposo and Skinner.

The sabres are also consistently ranked between 1 and 3 quality prospect pools. They are the team to beat no doubt.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I have to think Buffalo has the most potential to turn into a TB/COL caliber team. Having Dahlin and Power playing 45+ mins a night + potentially sick center depth could make them insanely difficult to stop. It's all potential at this point, though.

As for who will win it first, hard to say. NYR and NJD have the best rosters today, but I think the Sabres are going to close the gap quickly, so if NYR/NJ don't win a cup in the next two years, it could get interesting!

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I like both the Devils, and the Sabres (like everyone else). I give the Devils the edge, because those centers - all of them - are so good, and adaptible. Obviously the Rangers outshine both teams goaltending there.

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Sabres all the way. I can't believe ave age 25.90 and that's including old man Anderson followed not to far behind are Okposo and Skinner.

The sabres are also consistently ranked between 1 and 3 quality prospect pools. They are the team to beat no doubt.
Skinner is 11 years younger than Anderson, lol

Reactions: Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Hopefully all those teams stay the course, build from goalie out, not offer ridiculous contracts to young players, and spend exorbitant amount of $ on forward UFA.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019

But are they really that good outside of Thompson and Dahlin? Would like to see their lines.

Reactions: Guy Tetreault

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
As a Sabres fan I'd love to be a homer and say them. With the talent pool both in the pipe line and on the roster it is reasonable. I don't buy in to the "owner won't spend" theory either, they are in a fantastic position cap wise going forward to boot.

But all that does not erase what some other teams are and will potentially do going forward. Right now my choice is New Jersey. Fantastic depth, both on the roster and in the pipe line, but that coaching staff......being a Sabres fan for 52 years I am very familiar with Lindy Ruff, New Jersey is my choice given all the experience and knowns.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad