Post-Game Talk: That one is for you Kobe. Leafs win

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Does saying a player needs to play better make one a hater?
well when every post is calling him trash and not a good goalie and saying to trade him... they think the GM can some how swing a trade for a starter? when he is not good enough even to get a competent back up its quite funny.... Andy looked gr8 tonight!

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Needed that one

Really liked Ceci and Sandin on the backend, Andersen stood up like we needed him to and we scored some timely goals

Now let's takes this game and build on it

Oh yeah, **** our injury luck this year

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Matthews and Marner were very average.

Andersen with a solid showing and some key stops.

Nylander keeps on producing and Sandin looks cool under pressure.

Kerfoot out performs Tavares, it's a good job that Tavares got his rest as I don't know how much slower he can get.

Two points in the bag.

I thought the Kerfoot - Allison - Nylander line was okay.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Only thing I need to get off my chest is Hyman. The eye test tells me he has no hands and takes the puck into terrible spots in the offensive zone yet his results are much better than you'd think. He might be the ugliest looking top six level forward in the league.

That would be Jack Eichel by a mile.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I've been preaching trading Barrie for about a Month now.

The dude is clearly not gonna be a leaf beyond this season. And his play this season has not warranted the "untradable" category.

We need to get back anything we can for this guy and try to salvage the Kadri trade. We cant let him walk away for nothing

Trading Barrie would be an addition by subtraction, really. Liljegren is an upgrade, so even if we just get mid round pick or a b prospect, I'd be happy.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Trading Barrie would be an addition by subtraction, really. Liljegren is an upgrade, so even if we just get mid round pick or a b prospect, I'd be happy.

I mean Liljegren probably wouldnt come up even with Barrie traded (unless we're trading Ceci too).

Sandin looks like he can hold down the fort.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
guy is a complete mess in his own end.... mistake after mistake throwing perfect passes right into the slot to the other team, losing board battles, supposed to be offensive lol maury proved that was a lie... will be happy to see him go....

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
A decent game by the team, but they can still look dodgy in their own zone.
*Sandin, welcome to the show, full stop.
*Muzz, welcome back.
*Ceci, perhaps your best effort this season.
*Gauthier, I'm liking you on the wing, your skating has improved so much, but could you use your body a bit more.
*Engvall, keep impressing me! If we could get Mikheyev back the left wing looks darned solid.
*Nylander, another 2 points, but I'd love to see a bit more passion, please.
*Freddie, well done.

And a btw...I don't know what broadcast you folks had the pleasure of watching, here it was the Nashville feed. Perhaps the most 'awkward' positioning of cameras I can recall, the game just looked different, and not in a good way. And for those of you who crap on the games called by either Sportsnet or TSN, count your blessings, the Nashville duo are god awful.

Reactions: Al14

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Does saying a player needs to play better make one a hater?

No, as I have been vocal in the same way. But when openly ripping the guy to shreds when he has a bad game especially considering he’s bailed us out so many times when we win, yeah that makes one a hater.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Overall good game, but what’s Tavares’ excuse for continuing to be garbage? Can’t pass anymore, puck dies on his stick, slow as molasses. Everyone told me the break would do him wonders. His play would be unacceptable for an 8 mill player, never mind 11 mill.

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Btw...has anyone also noticed Andreas Johnsson turning into Prime Lucic with his physicality ever since being back from injury?

What the hell did Keefe say to him?

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com

What are the chances we can get Naz back on that steal of a contract that has a couple more years on it?

Oh right, zero.

f***ing hated that trade instantly especially since Kadri was my fav, but figured what do I know?

Barrie is just not very good IMO, at least not on this team. Kadri on the 3rd line was such a luxury at his cap hit. He might have cleaned his act up a bit under Keefe but we'll never know.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Where my Freddy haters at? Brilliant save on Turris which could have been the turning point. Very solid game by the Buds. Let’s keep it rolling.

Drafting Rasmus Sandin has been by far and away Dubas’ best move.

"But freddie is holding us back".

What a bad take.

Good win for the boys, I predicted nylander would score first so that was pretty cool.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Right in your living room. Thank me later

pierre-engvall-2020-38.jpg

Reactions: DanM

Budz22

Sep 18, 2018
A decent game by the team, but they can still look dodgy in their own zone.
*Sandin, welcome to the show, full stop.
*Muzz, welcome back.
*Ceci, perhaps your best effort this season.
*Gauthier, I'm liking you on the wing, your skating has improved so much, but could you use your body a bit more.
*Engvall, keep impressing me! If we could get Mikheyev back the left wing looks darned solid.
*Nylander, another 2 points, but I'd love to see a bit more passion, please.
*Freddie, well done.

And a btw...I don't know what broadcast you folks had the pleasure of watching, here it was the Nashville feed. Perhaps the most 'awkward' positioning of cameras I can recall, the game just looked different, and not in a good way. And for those of you who crap on the games called by either Sportsnet or TSN, count your blessings, the Nashville duo are god awful.
Sigh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad