Post-Game Talk: That got ugly

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
But us "can do it but might not" type are still around. :)

Yeah I've been busy with work so I haven't been on much during this year so far. I've only caught like 10 games I believe.

I didn't buy into the playoffs aspirations this year but after 20 games it looked like we could be a bubble team. But sadly our injury luck as usual per the past decade we are consistently in the top 5 in man games lost. So maybe the changes that Stevie made in the past 2 years have to be looked at again. Granted Bert and Larkin were shot blocking injuries not much you can do about them, that's a standard wear and tear injury.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
I think some people may need to look into going on meds after a Wings loss. I guess they should be thankful they're not fans of the teams around the Wings in the standings that have much more talent.

Wings are in 19th place out of 32 teams but people are talking like they're bottom 3.

You know this place has gotten bad when I'm the one looking like a pollyanna. lol

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
New coach crew in town, it will take time to adjust for both sides. If next year team is not improved then we should start worry about.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I like how the coaching goalposts have moved from, "Blash is trash, hire anybody but him" to, "Lalonde is trash" after 30 injury-plagued games as a rookie head coach with two Calder-caliber rookie players suffering bad sophomore slumps.

A winning streak doesn't mean you plan the parade, and a losing streak doesn't mean you burn it down. There's room for improvement everywhere, but there are plenty of more nuanced responses than just macroing the "THE SKY IS FALLING!" button and mashing it nonstop.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I like how the coaching goalposts have moved from, "Blash is trash, hire anybody but him" to, "Lalonde is trash" after 30 injury-plagued games as a rookie head coach with two Calder-caliber rookie players suffering bad sophomore slumps.

A winning streak doesn't mean you plan the parade, and a losing streak doesn't mean you burn it down. There's room for improvement everywhere, but there are plenty of more nuanced responses than just macroing the "THE SKY IS FALLING!" button and mashing it nonstop.

But you’re forgetting the most important thing here; 2C Andrew Copp or 3C Andrew Flopp?!

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
My argument is that the team isn't deep enough to move out of the rebuild, and adding filler players that can't step up just puts Detroit in the worst spot possible. Too good to draft the best talent, too bad to even be called a bubble team.
Possibly a realistic point of view, and a concern for many I think. But a quick look at the standings would show that we may just collapse and fall regardless. Things are tight, and a 'little' bump in the road mamy put us back in the 6-10 draft position. After that, we all pray to the draft gods, and maybe we get a stud prospect in addition to a solid core

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
But you’re forgetting the most important thing here; 2C Andrew Copp or 3C Andrew Flopp?!
I've said this numerous times, several key contributors to this site, mentioned pre season, that the line slotting of Copp was incorrect, and possibly done in advance of Kaspar's arrival. He is not made for a 2nd L position if you are looking for scoring. He was brought here to hold the fort, be reliable on defense, play the PK, and then possibly slide to a winger spot later on down the road. The team probably thought they were going to surround him with Vrana and Raymond for wingers.... They could carry the play of the line.. what is happening again after injuries?

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi

I think it's more supposed 2nd line center PTSD after Weiss, the guy from Nashville that was a Kenny deadline trade special (Legwand iirc?) and so forth. We do not look good the past 5+ years of signings of guys that supposedly are 2nd line c's but get here and crap the bed.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
We're taking our bumps right now. Injuries, players still adjusting to a new coach, trying to find chemsitry with a different roster, which is made especially hard by injuries.
I haven't been posting in a minute because I don't like who I become when I get mad at the wings, and God of War lmao. We'll see what the rest of the season has in store. Despite this 5 game skid we are looking a lot better than last year and taking the right steps. Playoff dreams may be slipping away (there's still a lot of games left) but don't stop believin!

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
We're taking our bumps right now. Injuries, players still adjusting to a new coach, trying to find chemsitry with a different roster, which is made especially hard by injuries.
I haven't been posting in a minute because I don't like who I become when I get mad at the wings, and God of War lmao. We'll see what the rest of the season has in store. Despite this 5 game skid we are looking a lot better than last year and taking the right steps. Playoff dreams may be slipping away (there's still a lot of games left) but don't stop believin!
Watching the Wings lose and then playing God of War is def good therapy. Either that or Doom.

Reactions: NickH8

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
To be fair though, Blash had two tremendous rookies playing very well and this year they have both struggled. They are big in whether we do well or not.

Well the question with both of them is if it's mental or physical, right?

Odd when players underperform for Blash, it's Blash's fault but if they underperform for Fester then it's an excuse to suck.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
I’ll most likely be at the game in Ottawa this upcoming Friday. I hope the effort level and results are different from their past meeting vs the sens…

Vrana coming back will hopefully be a spark plug to the anemic offense and PP

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004

Odd when players underperform for Blash, it's Blash's fault but if they underperform for Fester then it's an excuse to suck.
oh god we're starting this crap already?

"Well when Blashill did it..."

Blashill was coach of the Wings for 7 seasons. Lalonde has been in charge of this team for 30 games. You apparently don't remember how over the moon people were with Blashill when he took over for Babcock. He was gonna "open up the offense and let the kids play." It was the start of a new era.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl

It's 30 games in tho, I'm sure people will be talking like that if it was year 2 or 3. Plus they were talking about Raymond and Seider, who performed good for blash. So why bring up underperformance?

Wings fans liked the Blash hire, and I mean it's not like we or the management weren't patient with him.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
It was the start of a new era.
Kinda like now? LOL.

Blash did let the kids play and they sucked. Cholo, Zadina, Raz, Perlini, Ehn, etc. That's not on him. No coach was going to win with the roster he was handed. That's why he got an extension.

We know Seider and Raymond CAN play better. I don't know if Seider is injured or Fester is in his head. Something isn't right.

I do know that the special teams have gone downhill after a decent start. PP seems to have gone away from the back door plays that I like. Last game was a complete line blender, with no logic at all to the lines.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Kinda like now? LOL.

Blash did let the kids play and they sucked. Cholo, Zadina, Raz, Perlini, Ehn, etc. That's not on him. No coach was going to win with the roster he was handed. That's why he got an extension.

We know Seider and Raymond CAN play better. I don't know if Seider is injured or Fester is in his head. Something isn't right.

I do know that the special teams have gone downhill after a decent start. PP seems to have gone away from the back door plays that I like. Last game was a complete line blender, with no logic at all to the lines.
What I was saying is that it's not like people were outright condemning Blashill after 30 games as coach so spare me the "oh when Blashill does it..." comparison.

Honestly man I dont' even know what point you're trying anymore other than complaining to complain.

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad