Post-Game Talk: That got ugly

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I am not upset at all, it was good game. Ottawa special team won game. Well, looking forward for better draft picks

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Oh wow we lost 6-3 to the Sens. 6-3!!! Good thing I was working for this one. Man thanks Red Wings for baiting me 2 months into the season. Now we're just trash again 😒

Reactions: RedWingzz

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
All players on the roster with the exception of Seider, Raymond, Elmer and JB should be considered for a deadline deal as we continue to fall in the standings.

Including Larkin, who I would hate to see get moved.

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
As I was saying in the Summer when for some reason some went ballistic on me for merely expressing an opinion, Yzerman became too obsessed with defence and made some very bad moves, choice of coach included. Now they are the worse thing you can be in a rebuild- a boring, mediocre team. With that being said, I think they are in too deep to be major sellers again. I think the best route is keep most of the roster and hope Kasper (or maybe of they are lucky at this year's draft and get a legit C) develops quickly.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
As I was saying in the Summer when for some reason some went ballistic on me for merely expressing an opinion, Yzerman became too obsessed with defence and made some very bad moves, choice of coach included. Now they are the worse thing you can be in a rebuild- a boring, mediocre team. With that being said, I think they are in too deep to be major sellers again. I think the best route is keep most of the roster and hope Kasper (or maybe of they are lucky at this year's draft and get a legit C) develops quickly.
Everyone expected this team to be a bubble team even if fully healthy. The overreactions here are wild.

It's pretty impressive they are where they are considering:

- Nedeljkovic's become an AHL goalie
- Fabbri/Bertuzzi/Vrana have played 11 combined games at the 30-game mark
- Seider and Raymond have had pretty serious sophomore slumps

Not sure what you were expecting this season.

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I stopped watching at the first intermission to go christmas shopping and when I came back with 2 minutes left in the 3rd.

giphy.gif

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
How come you don't show up to remind us about your summer prognostications after we win?

Reactions: RRhoads

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
Everyone expected this team to be a bubble team even if fully healthy. The overreactions here are wild.

- Seider and Raymond have had pretty serious sophomore slumps

That's my point, it's not good long-term to be a boring,bubble team this year

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

- Seider/Raymond have had pretty serious sophomore slumps

To be better than last season? The team is only 2 wins over .500 pt%, and IIRC the team was right around there last Xmas. Spending $20M in free agency should get you more than just a couple more wins.

To the team's credit, they played through injurie and at least made the first 2 periods entertaining. If DBoss, Matta, and Hronek were out, I wasn't gonna watch the game.

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
To be better than last season? The team is only 2 wins over .500 pt%, and IIRC the team was right around there last Xmas. Spending $20M in free agency should get you more than just a couple more wins.

To the team's credit, they played through injurie and at least made the first 2 periods entertaining. If DBoss, Matta, and Hronek were out, I wasn't gonna watch the game.
Inflation sucks for everyone, 20 mil doesn't buy you what it used to 2 years ago.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
Uh huh. Yep.

It would be a lot easier to take the "sky is falling" attitude seriously if it came out as measured analysis rather than an emotional response to a loss.
In all fairness, the "Wings will get 100 points and make playoffs" posters also don't show up after loses....

Reactions: odin1981

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
Uh huh. Yep.

It would be a lot easier to take the "sky is falling" attitude seriously if it came out as measured analysis rather than an emotional response to a loss.
I am not emotional at all, and I want them to make the playoffs because it would be good for the organization and the kids. I just don't like the direction the team is going and think it hurts them long-term, that's all. And we still have more than half the season left so I may be completely wrong in the end

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad