Thanks for screwing us over (JVR)

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
ya you can have JVR BACK if you want... i hope schenn sucks for u guys

k forgive my ignorance. what's your early impressions? cause i do NOT like jvr so far..........

Last edited by a moderator:

laundryman

Jun 28, 2011
Schenn is pretty slow so far. Not bad, but he clearly is not in shape. I expect him to get better as the year goes on.

As for JVR, yeah, he stinks. Never liked him personally. He'll dominate one game and you'll think he's finally putting everything together and then he'll go un-noticed for a month.

Personally, I think Toronto is one of the worst places he could have gone. Now that he's on the Leafs he's expected to be a solid Top 6 forward and you definitely need guys like that to be consistent which is the last word I'd use to describe him.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
i watched the game too. You want to talk about being effed? Try finishing last in the nhl but winding up with the 2nd pick in the draft in a 1 person draft. Then that 1 player scores the cup clinching overtime goal against you in game 6. So ****.

IM nor missing jvr one bit. He still has the size and the speed but that is it, he literally cant finish at all. He can never get his shot off and he is useless if he cant score. He is a top 6 winger who cant score. Atleast schenn can play a top 4 shut down role. Im not upset to see jvr leave one bit, though i do think we lost the trade interms of value.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Lol get lost buddy.

JvR has been good so far for the limited minutes he's been getting. He's 9th out of all 12 leafs forwards in TOI and its only been 2 FREAKING games.
He has a heavy shot, gets in front of the net, etc.

Oh, not to mention he's only 23...

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
isnt JVR trying to play thru a foot injury?
players playing thru a injury cant win. see "insert Flyer player here"
play hurt and struggle and you get ripped. sit out and try and get better and your not tough and your a *****.
havent seen that before around here:sarcasm:

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
isnt JVR trying to play thru a foot injury?
players playing thru a injury cant win. see "insert Flyer player here"
play hurt and struggle and you get ripped. sit out and try and get better and your not tough and your a *****.
havent seen that before around here:sarcasm:

Took a Komisarek shot off his foot in practice, got a bruise from it.

He's had foot injuries in the past(as you all know) so it may still be bugging him. He's shown flashes of his potential so far though. He made a nice move to get around the Sabres D today but couldn't get to the puck

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
Having watched both while they were in Philly, I'd have to say this trade will work out equally irrelevant for both teams. JVR will skate the puck hard up the left wing, wind up for half an hour and unleash a paltry wrist shot that gets deflected by the defenseman or easily stopped by the goalie. Schenn will get burnt to the outside often. The show will go on.

He has a heavy shot, gets in front of the net, etc.

No, he most certainly does not. If he had any type of shot - wrist, snap, slap - he'd be an effective player.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
No, he most certainly does not. If he had any type of shot - wrist, snap, slap - he'd be an effective player.

Eh, I don't know about that.
He's gotten off a couple shots in these two games so far, most have missed the net or been deflected, but they seemed pretty strong.

It's only been two games, but I hope he's improved on them over the summer.

Mgkibbles

Dec 14, 2009
Gilbertsville, Pa
Eh, I don't know about that.
He's gotten off a couple shots in these two games so far, most have missed the net or been deflected, but they seemed pretty strong.

It's only been two games, but I hope he's improved on them over the summer.

Ya, he has a heavy shot, but he's always taken an eternity to get it off.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey

JvR doesn't have a heavy shot? GTFO. He won the Flyers skills comp with a 101.5 (or something near it) slapper. That led to Lavy forcing him onto the point of the PP, which was a disaster. I don't really recall him getting to use his shot much...but it's certainly not weak.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Ya, he has a heavy shot, but he's always taken an eternity to get it off.

Yup, he needs to improve on his release time as well

He has the talent, and has shown it, he just has to put it all together and improve. Kind of like Luke Schenn as well. Will be interesting to see how this trade pans out.

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
JvR doesn't have a heavy shot? GTFO. He won the Flyers skills comp with a 101.5 (or something near it) slapper. That led to Lavy forcing him onto the point of the PP, which was a disaster. I don't really recall him getting to use his shot much...but it's certainly not weak.

You shouldn't need a Flyers skill comp to tell you if he has a heavy or effective shot. Can you even remember a time the guy has taken a slap shot? He even admits he never takes them. Having a heavy slap shot and then never taking a slap shot, but labeling the guy as having a heavy shot? It'd be like describing a knuckle ball pitcher who had a fastball clocked at 103, but never throws a fastball, as a flame-thrower.

The only shot JVR takes is a wrist shot, and if it had any sort of heat, accuracy, or release he'd be scoring at a ridiculous pace, because with his skating, size, and reach, he almost routinely gets clear shots from the left wing.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
You shouldn't need a Flyers skill comp to tell you if he has a heavy or effective shot. Can you even remember a time the guy has taken a slap shot? He even admits he never takes them. Having a heavy slap shot and then never taking a slap shot, but labeling the guy as having a heavy shot? It'd be like describing a knuckle ball pitcher who had a fastball clocked at 103, but never throws a fastball, as a flame-thrower.

The only shot JVR takes is a wrist shot, and if it had any sort of heat, accuracy, or release he'd be scoring at a ridiculous pace, because with his skating, size, and reach, he almost routinely gets clear off-wing shots...

I definitely remember after that skills competition saying "Wait? He shot how hard?". It was shocking given that no one, apparently including Lavy, knew he could shoot it that hard, because as you stated, it does not translate into a game.

toughfighter83*

ya you can have JVR BACK if you want... i hope schenn sucks for u guys

k forgive my ignorance. what's your early impressions? cause i do NOT like jvr so far..........

you are probably not the only team that has problems, philly cant even score goals accept giroux, schenn is ok but takes too many penalties and pucks always going off of him.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
you are probably not the only team that has problems, philly cant even score goals accept giroux, schenn is ok but takes too many penalties and pucks always going off of him.

Its been 2 games. Only 1 goal went off Luke and we don't know yet if the team can score or not. Stop being such a downer.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
honestly toronto is a great place for jvr. the media pressure and focus will keep him motivated to improve and his playing time wont go down much because of thier general lack of talent (no offense to leafs fanse) likewise schenn is kimos jr partner who reading the luke richardson comparisons the organization has low expectations for. if he can step up and shine great if not solid depth defenseman

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
i've just never seen that hockey player desire in JVR other than those few games in the playoffs in 2011... that certain quality that makes a player special, that makes him a winner. he has an immense level of talent and tools, just no tool box, to be extremely cliche. If i was in a coma for 8 years and you told me that jvr was drafted in the 3rd round i wouldn't even question it.

you look at guys like Stamkos, Seguin, Eberle and Giroux etc. who are all over the ice, wanting the puck, doing whatever it takes to win, going hard all the time and you just want to grab jvr by the neck and scream WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU!?

FlyingHigh28*

If i was in a coma for 8 years and you told me that jvr was drafted in the 3rd round i wouldn't even question it.

That's probably true, but you could replace "JVR" with "Luke Schenn" and replace "drafted in the 3rd round" with "an undrafted free agent", and that phrase would be true too. He can be a pylon at times.

Luke Schenn doesn't / will never drive the fanbase as crazy as JVR did because most people don't expect any offense whatsoever out of Schenn and know that he has no speed whatsoever. Until he puts it together (if he ever puts it together), JVR will drive fans of whatever team he plays for absolutely bonkers because he's got all of the tools in spades, he just doesn't have any ability to assimilate those tools together to become a halfway decent hockey player... that and his seeming lack of desire.

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
I always rooted for JvR, but I feel like his entire career will just be "flashes" of talent every couple of games or so

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011
Having watched both while they were in Philly, I'd have to say this trade will work out equally irrelevant for both teams. JVR will skate the puck hard up the left wing, wind up for half an hour and unleash a paltry wrist shot that gets deflected by the defenseman or easily stopped by the goalie. Schenn will get burnt to the outside often. The show will go on.

JVR won the Flyers Hardest Shot competition a couple of years ago

chimrichalds18

the key
Apr 17, 2007
philadelphia
JVR isn't the smartest player, in my opinion, nor is he an alpha dog. If your offense is relying heavily on him, you're probably ****ed. That being said, he's a pretty good complementary player when he puts it together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad