Thanks for Everything, Sully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
One of the best posts I've ever read hear. Cheers to you sir. You are the most handsomest and smartest and talnentedest member of these keynoard experts.
Said it before and I'll say it again; I'd happily watch this team go 0-82 if they lost every game 7-6, and would way prefer that than watch a team sludge their way to a ton of 2-1 victories while muddying up the neutral zone and playing boring, "structured" hockey which gives fans narcolepsy and coaches boners.

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Said it before and I'll say it again; I'd happily watch this team go 0-82 if they lost every game 7-6, and would way prefer that than watch a team sludge their way to a ton of 2-1 victories while muddying up the neutral zone and playing boring, "structured" hockey which gives fans narcolepsy and coaches boners.

So you’ve loved this season?

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I'd take 82-0 of 1:0 games, that works for me way better...when I want to enjoy beauty, I just go to a museum...

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'd take 82-0 of 1:0 games, that works for me way better...when I want to enjoy beauty, I just go to a museum...
I mean, whatever tapes your hockey stick, but this baffles me. I'd rather the team be winning, obviously, but not at the cost of watching a boring, lame, slowed down product.

If I only cared about watching the Devils in the mid-to-late 90s, I probably wouldn't have lasted long as a hockey fan. :laugh: That shit was a "claw your eyes out" wretched product.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I mean, whatever tapes your hockey stick, but this baffles me. I'd rather the team be winning, obviously, but not at the cost of watching a boring, lame, slowed down product.

If I only cared about watching the Devils in the mid-to-late 90s, I probably wouldn't have lasted long as a hockey fan. :laugh: That shit was a "claw your eyes out" wretched product.
well it was kind of tongue in cheek, no one wins LSC without playing some great stuff, whether its hussle, effort, great goaltending, skills, you got to have it all...what was it not to like last night, if they had tighten up last 4 minutes, it would have been a very well played game with a lot to like...

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
well it was kind of tongue in cheek, no one wins LSC without playing some great stuff, whether its hussle, effort, great goaltending, skills, you got to have it all...what was it not to like last night, if they had tighten up last 4 minutes, it would have been a very well played game with a lot to like...
As far as a fan watching the game, I had fun. :laugh: We pissed away a sure win, but it was entertaining and chaotic. /shrug

When you have no expectations for anything with this team anymore, and we're not a team that's up-and-coming or anything to look for little improvements here and there to build on, you just watch for the entertainment and that's it.

Reactions: vodeni

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'd have no beef if our brand of losing hockey was at least a bit more watchable. Yesterday was bad.
One of the best posts I've ever read hear. Cheers to you sir. You are the most handsomest and smartest and talnentedest member of these keynoard experts.
tumblr_lt36alGa4Z1qiyvrxo1_500.gif

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Oh, there's beauty within every game unless they are a full 60 minutes of pure shit.

Last night was Kappy's night ruined in a matter of the last 5 minutes/ OT and shootout.

I was entertained... then to frustration.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I think we're finally missing the playoffs this year bar a miracle. We've played so much better than expected and we're already multiple games out of the playoffs. This is the first time I've seen us playing well and still losing so much. Until now, we've played seriously for like 15 minutes of each game in the regular season and won more often than not. This is very different.

Unless Sid comes back absolutely dominant, we're cooked.

Reactions: Andy99

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I think we're finally missing the playoffs this year bar a miracle. We've played so much better than expected and we're already multiple games out of the playoffs. This is the first time I've seen us playing well and still losing so much. Until now, we've played seriously for like 15 minutes of each game in the regular season and won more often than not. This is very different.

Unless Sid comes back absolutely dominant, we're cooked.
Out of curiosity did pens fans think they would play better than this? Without Sid and Geno I thought you guys were playing pretty good.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida

While the Devils played that style (true) they also had 4 lines that can score timely goals at the most critical junctures.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Out of curiosity did pens fans think they would play better than this? Without Sid and Geno I thought you guys were playing pretty good.

I think we're playing way better. The fact we're STILL not getting results is the thing.

I expected us to play worse and have 3-5 more points.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
While the Devils played that style (true) they also had 4 lines that can score timely goals at the most critical junctures.
That just comes with the territory with playing that style, imo. The whole bend but don't break, muddy up the neutral and defensive zones kinda schtick feasts on the other team making mistakes out of frustration in trying to break through the sludge.

Reactions: Night Shift

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
That just comes with the territory with playing that style, imo. The whole bend but don't break, muddy up the neutral and defensive zones kinda schtick feasts on the other team making mistakes out of frustration in trying to break through the sludge.

There were a lot of teams that tried to copy that back then but none were successful. Part of it too was having Broduer and their number 1 pair Stevens and Niedermayer

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad