Thanks Chevy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Wow - I'm a tougher grader that you are, Gm0ney? If my glass is half full, you must have surreptitiously filled yours to the brim. ;)

I think people are too stuck on my grades: I like to leave myself some room so that I don't have to try to enter the Matrix when I run out of grades. ;) My B probably equals an A for others. Just semantics.

I think this team is going to make some noise - they're not going to roll over for the Ducks, that's for sure. A lot of that has to do with Chevy's TD moves, and the hiring of Maurice (and the Perreault signing, which I loved from day one).

I'm always swept away with optimism at the beginning of things - season, playoffs, projects at work, etc... :)

I guess I should dial things back a bit so reality doesn't end in a best-case scenario.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Regular season is over and I wont grade him based on how we do in the playoffs sense its the first year there.

My grade is a solid B+

I have always understood and appreciated the strategy that was laid down at the beginning. I saw it taking some time to grow into fruition and I was also a staunch believer that the concepts of rebuilding through the draft and trying to win with middle age'd core where not mutually exclusive. I am happy to see that we have been able to build up one heck of a prospect pool while at the same time building a real strong two-way team with young kids playing substantial roles.

With regards to trades. he showed this year that he is more than able to pull off a blockbuster if its in our best interest to do so.

The only qualms I have are his penchant for keeping around sub par 4th line players and the Pavelic contract. While Pavs earned his cash for the first time this year, there still are questions as to whether he is able to maintain a 916 sp% going forward or if this season is a mirage.

Either way I am positive we have two exceptional goalie prospects in the system so I am not too worried about the long term impact.

I will be interested in how he handles our UFA's this summer and Ladd and Buff.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Hmm. There was a lot of talk in this thread about how Chevy achieved the 5 year plan a year ahead of schedule. Also, how our prospect pool was the richest in the league.

We are in year 5 and we have a worse record than year 1. Our rich prospect pool doesn't seem to have any third or fourth liners who can step in and stick and make an impact in the NHL. Too soon I guess.

I am starting to see that we are on a path to let one or both of Ladd and Buff go for picks and maybe some other mediocre roster players. That will further weaken an already thin team for a number of years until our not so super rich prospect pool develops into NHL ready skaters.

I can see a number of lean years in front of us. Chevy did a good job last year supplementing the core with NHL talented depth players that was a near elite 5v5 team, strong on the puck and strong down the stretch. That gave us the opportunity to see the whiteout again for the first time in a long time. For that, I have given and continue to give Chevy a lot of credit. Well done. But I think that this offseason will go down in Jet's history as a summer of blunders so rich that it will set us back onto a new 5 year plan.

Hope I'm wrong.

Go Jets Go!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Is this gonna turn into another bash Chevy thread? Do we need another one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad