Confirmed with Link: Thank you Scott GoHomez! (UPD: Signs w/San Jose 1 yr/$700k)

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
They just said on RDS info that he's not on the ice, and not because of an injury. Bergevin to speak in about 10 min

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Was to be expected, especially with what Bobby Mac brought to light the other day.

I can't help but feel bad for Gomez but this is the right decision for this hockey club.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Seems kind of dumb. With the lack of offensive players, I'd rather have given him a shot this year. They'll still be paying him, and he'll still count against the cap. It's not like he has a poor attitude and would be a distraction to everyone...

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
Seems kind of dumb. With the lack of offensive players, I'd rather have given him a shot this year. They'll still be paying him, and he'll still count against the cap. It's not like he has a poor attitude and would be a distraction to everyone...

And then you risk him getting injured and your stuck with that contract. Obviously he is not in their plans for the future. You pay him to sit home, then he is gone next summer.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Bergevin

"With the new CBA, and the future years, the best solution for the Habs and the team was to let Scott Gomez go home, get his salary, and buy him out when summer comes. I told it to him at 730 am this morning"

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT

Also....you don't think anyone else can put up those massive offensive numbers that he did last year?!? Come on now. :help:

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I don't have RDS info, anyone knows if LCN/RDI/SRC/RDS2 will show it?

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
I think its the right moved to make. Would of been bad knowing he was going to be buy-out at the end of the year. Everyone know that its going to happen.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Thanks for being a classy, accountable act to the end, Scotty.

Wish it could've worked out here, hope you can revive your career somewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad