Confirmed with Link: Thank you Scott GoHomez! (UPD: Signs w/San Jose 1 yr/$700k)

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Another poster already suggested - why not wait until next season? And what if you hit a string of injuries - can he be called back? Wouldn't that be awkward and it's not like this team is injury prone or anything. LOL

14hockey14

Nov 9, 2007
Gomez Officially Out

https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL

"Marc Bergevin:"Scott Gomez will not take part in the 2012-13 season and his contract will be bought out this summer."

Now with Gomez out and his contract going to get bought out who do you think will draw in the fourth line, Nokelainen, Galchenyuk, even though he wasn't invited to camp Louis Leblanc.
Do you think this is a good idea?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Can we change the title to "Scott GoHomez?" Because I don't want to thank him for being on this team. Cost us my favorite player at the time plus our best prospect.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
I guess this is the Gift from Habs organization for the lockout.

On behalf of fans, Thank You.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Can we change the title to "Scott GoHomez?" Because I don't want to thank him for being on this team. Cost us my favorite player at the time plus our best prospect.

Blame Gainey for the trade not Gomez.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
I want to thank Geoff Molson, for not being cheap.

He's saving money doing this. Cap hit can't be replaced (save 900k) and the buyout of the final year is less money over more time.

But at least from a hockey standpoint, the team is willing to make unpopular decisions (amongst the players) to ensure the long-term health of the team.

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
You can burry the first $900k of a contract in the minors, but everything over that counts. So they're essentially assigning him to the minors but not playing him there.

thx, can't be bothered to read all of the cba details, I'll get educated case by case.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Wow.. I guess my thread yesterday wasn't such a crazy thread afterall. I expect the Rangers will do the same with Redden.

I feel bad for Scott (he was still playing hockey this year even with the lockout) because he seems like a great team guy, but this is the smartest thing to do from the team's perspective.

Teams really should have had the option to buyout a player before the 48-game season. Gomez needs ice-time (somewhere) if he wants to get back to the NHL next year. Sucks for him to be benched for the entire season.

Now, do we carry 22 players only? Or do we send him to the AHL (whilst still sitting him out), so we can carry 23?

pine*

He's saving money doing this. Cap hit can't be replaced (save 900k) and the buyout of the final year is less money over more time.

But at least from a hockey standpoint, the team is willing to make unpopular decisions (amongst the players) to ensure the long-term health of the team.

Is he? The money that Scott Gomez would have costed will be used to pay someone else so that in the end result, Molson is actually paying more (Gomez's buyout + new player).

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
Wow.. I guess my thread yesterday wasn't such a crazy thread afterall. I expect the Rangers will do the same with Redden.

I feel bad for Scott (he was still playing hockey this year even with the lockout), but this is the smartest thing to do from the team's perspective.

Now, do we carry 22 players only? Or do we send him to the AHL (whilst still sitting him out), so we can carry 23?

He wont play. Period.
He gets injured, they can't buy him out.

But.. yeah, I wonder what happens with the roster spots now.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I feel bad for Gomez. Must suck knowing how bad you've been and not getting the chance to redeem yourself. It's a bed a made, but still. It's gotta suck.

He was a good guy but his play didn't warrant what might be one of the worst contracts in NHL history.

Good luck, Scott.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad