Thank You Matt Cullen!

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I won't miss people calling him dad around here. That was/is so strange to me. I don't think people would care nearly as much if the Pens had signed/acquired some centers this off season. But he certainly is missed when you are rolling into the season with Carter Rowney and Jeff Jimerson as your third and fourth line centers.

Last edited:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I won't miss people calling him dad around here. That was/is so strange to me. I don't think people would care nearly as much if the Pens had signed/acquired some centers this off season. But he certainly is missed when you are rolling into the season with Carter Rowney and Jeff Jimerson as your third and fourth line centers.

We could have persuaded Thornton and Hanzal to come here for 1m a season each and I'd still be missing Cullen.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Will they do one? I would hope so... but then he was only here two years (although what a 2 year run it was).

Yes there will definitely be a tribute. He's undoubtedly a fan favorite and very well loves in the city.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Did you ever see him out there and question whether he didn't enjoy it? The man personified a love for the sport. I know he has a lot of ties (Carolina and Minnesota, along with Pittsburgh), but I hope he joins the organization in some role after retirement.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Did you ever see him out there and question whether he didn't enjoy it? The man personified a love for the sport. I know he has a lot of ties (Carolina and Minnesota, along with Pittsburgh), but I hope he joins the organization in some role after retirement.

He might at some point... but I'd imagine that wouldn't be for a decade or so as he waits for his kids to finish school.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
He might at some point... but I'd imagine that wouldn't be for a decade or so as he waits for his kids to finish school.

Agreed. He's expressed multiple times that he wants to settle in with his kids and let them start their lives, as they've had a sacrifice a lot in his hockey career. I don't see him becoming involved with the NHL post-playing for quite some time.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016

I'm pretty sure Mrs. Cullen won't allow him to leave Minnesota...ever

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
we'll miss his impact on the team immensely. very disappointing he left.

Yep.

I admit, I'm quite concerned about the state of the team's bottom 6 going into the season. Yes, I'm being dramatic here, but they can't go back to the '11-'14 teams-level bottom 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad