Thank You Matt Cullen!

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Agreed.

Couldn't be happier for what he did for the pens. Even at 40, one if the better 4c in the league.

Happy trails, "dad"

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Still want that statue of Cully next to the statue of 66.

Possibly the best value we've ever gotten out of any UFA in Penguins history. What a player.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Good luck to he and his family.

Hopefully he regrets his decision when the Pens pull off the three-peat this upcoming season.

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
I liked what he brought to our team. Seemed to be a genuinely nice guy. At his age with all the playoff hockey he's played the last couple of the season it will be interesting to see if his production drops. I expect it will.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
All the best to Matt. Such and important part of the Pens back to back championships.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
So did he and his kids want to stay and his wife said "no we are leaving" or something? Can't see him leave on his own while we try for more history.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
So sad to see him go, this hurts worse than when Talbot left. Thanks for everything Cully. You were the heart and soul of this team.

If we get a really good 3C we can then afford to downgrade the 4C a bit. It's going to be brutal going from Cullen to Rowney though, Moore would have been a fine replacement but he wanted Toronto.

Gremz

Jan 2, 2017
Sydney
I will save my thanks until after a disastrous regular season it is certain Minnesota will miss the playoffs and he's traded back to the Pens and goes on to threepeat.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I'll be honest. Didn't really know how good he was watching him in Nash. All I remembered about him before he started here was getting burned on that Geno hat trick / no look / back hander.

Now I think he is probably one of the most underrated players of his generation. Huge impact here. Sucks to see him go home, but everyone does eventually, right?

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
We won our last 3 cups due to incredible center depth. Thank you for being a huge part of the last 2. You were great. Can't wait for tribute video.

WheresRamziAbid

Oct 31, 2013
I'll be honest. Didn't really know how good he was watching him in Nash. All I remembered about him before he started here was getting burned on that Geno hat trick / no look / back hander.

Now I think he is probably one of the most underrated players of his generation. Huge impact here. Sucks to see him go home, but everyone does eventually, right?

I remember him being a pain in the ass when he played in Ottawa. Completely forgot about him until two years ago when he fit FA and someone brought him up as a cheap fill in.

He was and is a good hockey player, very underrated career,

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
He was the Pens' best UFA signing in years. 2 awesome seasons late in his career for not a ton of money. I was skeptical about JR signing an older center back in summer of '15 after he already had Bonino and Fehr, but it was a brilliant move that paid off big time. Hope he has fun in his last go-round in Minnesota.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->