Blue Jays Discussion: Thank you, Gibby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It's unfortunate the way Pompey's career went. Now he can't even get a call up and he's likely done with the organization.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
It's unfortunate the way Pompey's career went. Now he can't even get a call up and he's likely done with the organization.

No word on Alford or McGuire either. The former finished the year out pretty strong, while McGuire is what he is, a defensive backstop with good bat to ball skills but limited pop.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
No word on Alford or McGuire either. The former finished the year out pretty strong, while McGuire is what he is, a defensive backstop with good bat to ball skills but limited pop.

My guess is they don't see Alford as being ready. Calling up McGuire puts 4 natural catchers on the roster so I think there is a playing time issue there (even though Martin has been playing 3B). I think they want to give Jansen as much playing time as possible.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
You just know if Shapiro and/or Atkins left to go somewhere else and then the team becamee good again in a couple years with his and Atkins players everyone would just talk about how terrible they were and give all the credit to the new GM

Then 2 weeks would pass and they'd find a reason to rip on the new GM too

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
If Shapiro leaves, then it pretty much confirms (in case there was any doubt) that Rogers is the major problem.

We now go live to Rogers HQ for reaction:

giphy.gif

Reactions: Garlando

Animal

Oct 10, 2012
RHP Julian Merryweather is indeed the ptbnl agreed upon to go to the jays for Josh Donaldson. he couldn't be named yet; as a player on the DL (he had Tommy John earlier this year) he hasn't cleared waivers.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
RHP Julian Merryweather is indeed the ptbnl agreed upon to go to the jays for Josh Donaldson. he couldn't be named yet; as a player on the DL (he had Tommy John earlier this year) he hasn't cleared waivers.
This is the guy everyone was hoping we wouldn't be getting, right?

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
doesnt seem like a good deal, doesnt seem like a good player, so thats a perfect deal for us

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
This is why I said Atkins botched his interviews.

He’s now called a 27 year old who has never pitched above AAA, and doesn’t really have any impressive numbers someone who will make a significant impact on the roster and that he was very happy with the return.

He’s set himself up to look incompetent.

Again, I’m a supporter of Shapiro and Atkins, and I’m perfectly fine with trading Donaldson for whatever we could get.

I’m not fond of trying to paint a picture that simply isn’t there though.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
doesnt seem like a good deal, doesnt seem like a good player, so thats a perfect deal for us
Woof. Shatkin trades are the gift that keep on giving. :shakehead

metafour

Apr 6, 2008
This is why I said Atkins botched his interviews.

He’s now called a 27 year old who has never pitched above AAA, and doesn’t really have any impressive numbers someone who will make a significant impact on the roster and that he was very happy with the return.

He’s set himself up to look incompetent.

Again, I’m a supporter of Shapiro and Atkins, and I’m perfectly fine with trading Donaldson for whatever we could get.

I’m not fond of trying to paint a picture that simply isn’t there though.

Maybe he actually believes it?

How many times have you seen Merryweather pitch, since you seem to be an expert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->