Former Bruins Thank You, David Krejci: Returning To Czech Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyZyGY

Jun 13, 2021
I have been saying he will not be back all along, even when the insiders said its a done deal. The pull to go back and play a less demanding schedule and immerse his kids in his native language was it. That and seeing the family, easier travel and grind. Well good luck and thanks for all the great memories and the pleasure of watching one of the best passers ever.

I think the Covid years showed the vets a different style of work life vs family life and it won him over, heck it would for me if I was him. He won a cup and played in the best league and made a lot of dough. I am sure Rask is thinking the same thing, do I need to do this.

That is if both are not being forced out like Krug and Chara. Management said it last year - tough choices are going be made. When I heard that I knew it would just be Bergy and Marshy left.

People he is not coming back to play, he made this choice as a permanent family thing.

tenor.gif

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
They don’t win in 2011 without him….and don’t make the 2013, 2019 finals without him. Add to it if Richards doesn’t cheap shot him in 2010, we sweep the Flyers. He was that important to us over the years.

Thank you David! A great Bruin helped us win a Cup!

Fair Warning

Nov 15, 2006
Grafton, MA
Great talent who propelled this team among the best in the league for many years. He will be missed, but 100% understand his decision when it comes to family. Hope to see him in Olympic play next year.

Reactions: inactive user

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but glad to see him moving on.

The only problem being a lack of a replacement #2 center.

Time to find a more dynamic #2 cebter

Pretty sure there's a thread on what you want the roster to look like elsewhere. Can some of you people not check your agenda driven drivel at the door for a second and take just one minute to give a few words or a thought to a guy who gave a lot to this franchise over a decade+? Jeepers.

MarbleMist

May 17, 2021
A misunderstood maverick. Fast forward 50 years and the number of guys who played in Krejci's style will still be very small, I'll wager.

Also, sometimes it is nice to think of the other side of the coin - imagine how excited his native fans will be at the chance to see their hero on a weekly basis. That is a lot of very happy hockey fans.

Good luck David!

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Thank you for the memories David. I am glad not having to see you in another teams' NHL jersey. Lifelong dedicated Bruin. Enjoy the second part of your life.

Thank you, Mr. Under The Radar.

We love you and wish you all the best.

Visit sometime before they raise #46 to the rafters, which assuredly, they will.

Good luck.

Reactions: BMC

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
I wish him all the best, deserves nothing but respect from every Bruins fan for everything he gave to this team, most of all being a key contributor to the only Cup of the last half a century. His pass to Horton in the ECF game 7 against Tampa will be what I will always remember him most for.
A bit sad to see such a player go when he still has a lot of gas in the tank. Spells trouble for the Bs, since I can’t imagine they will find a suitable replacement.

Krejci, Lucic and Horton was a joy to watch

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
I think what hurts the most is the realization that 2019 really was the last championship chance for so many of these guys, including Krejci.

Damn game 7 ... they really f***ed up. Would be awesome for the core to win the cup one last time. With Krejci and Coyle as his replacement right know I think the window is finally closed ...

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Man, this one hit me hard. I started watching the Bruins at the beginning of the 08-09 season. Didn’t know much about the team besides my uncle telling me they had some good young players. Krejci put up 73 points that season playing with Wheeler and Ryder, that team was stacked and a blast to watch. We haven’t had a rookie that good since.

When Savard went down I still thought we were screwed without his offense but I’m glad I was wrong. We picked up Horton and the rest is history. Krejci is a Bruin legend, all-time great. Without him there is no cup, or trips to the finals. He’ll go down as one of the greats.

Didn’t think I’d get this emotional about a player leaving. Can’t wait to see his number in the rafters and I’d love it if he made a return at some point. Thanks Krejci.
couldn't have said it better

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
I haven’t processed my emotions; still simply at the shocked as “f***” stage. I thought he’d sign a one year and….

David, it was a joy watching you. Thanks for giving us the man-bun on the way out. Hope you find what you and your family are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad