Thandie Newton was terrified working with stressed-out Tom Cruise

Zeppo

Sep 8, 2006
I didn't know who Thandie Newton was so I googled her. I guess she's been roaming around with her own #metoo thing the last week or so and collecting social media points.
Right, social media points. She spoke out about her own experience with sexual abuse in the industry at least a year before #metoo. So when it comes to social media points, she's probably in the lead at this point. Good for her.

Reactions: Jussi

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Right, social media points. She spoke out about her own experience with sexual abuse in the industry at least a year before #metoo. So when it comes to social media points, she's probably in the lead at this point. Good for her.

I don't think that that excuses essentially tattling on men that she worked with decades ago over things much more minor than sexual abuse. The only good that can come of that is attention (or "social media points," as he put it). She may not have meant anything by it, and both articles did take her words out of context to make more attention-grabbing headlines, but she maybe should've considered how it might look.

Reactions: Stylizer1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad