Thandie Newton was terrified working with stressed-out Tom Cruise

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I'm not woke enough.

Ok son, sit on my knee and I’ll explain it to you. The feeling I got from the article was the scene they were shooting wasn’t working, so Tom Cruise was super stressed trying to make the scene work, which in turn stressed Newton out. His way of trying to make it work wasn’t really helping unfortunately, but it’s not like he was being mean to her or anything. He was just trying to make something that wasn’t working work.

That’s my interpretation anyway.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Ok son, sit on my knee and I’ll explain it to you. The feeling I got from the article was the scene they were shooting wasn’t working, so Tom Cruise was super stressed trying to make the scene work, which in turn stressed Newton out. His way of trying to make it work wasn’t really helping unfortunately, but it’s not like he was being mean to her or anything. He was just trying to make something that wasn’t working work.

That’s my interpretation anyway.

I have no idea how or why this is a story?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
IIRC, Tom took on a lot more responsibility as a producer with Mission: Impossible II. He even had the opening scene added because he was big into rock climbing at the time. I imagine that that extra responsibility, combined with it being a blockbuster movie, stressed him out such that, when something didn't work, he didn't know how to handle it and freaked out a little. It's hard to blame him. Nowadays, if an issue like that comes up on an MI movie, he probably handles it with much more cool and experience than he did on MI:2.

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
She's hot, but in that movie he was hotter than she was.

That's probably pretty stressful for a girl.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I feel like being near Tom Cruise would make anyone terrified. He's got that crazy aura about him

Reactions: Darcy Loewen

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
To make a completely unimportant point, you always hear that as the standard response to "who cares" and it's never made any sense to me. There are millions of things out there that I don't care or think about, but if it's the subject of a pointless thread, I might post about how pointless it seems, and that has nothing to do with being invested in the subject.

It's only evidence that you're (perhaps irrationally) interested in the state of the board/discourse in general, not the subject itself. Yet everyone seems to just accept that gotcha for some weird reason (I guess because dismissing rudeness is more important to people than doing it fairly?).

Last edited:

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 44-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I didn't know who Thandie Newton was so I googled her. I guess she's been roaming around with her own #metoo thing the last week or so and collecting social media points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad