Rumor: TFP: Bergevin is looking to make a BIG splash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
It probably won't happen but I really hope Bergevin is looking to acquire Kulikov.

So long Beaulieu then. I wonder what else will be added? I don't think we'll get him for anything less and I doubt we would be willing to trade a more skilled or a good roster player for him.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
So long Beaulieu then. I wonder what else will be added? I don't think we'll get him for anything less and I doubt we would be willing to trade a more skilled or a good roster player for him.

I wouldn't mind Beaulieu for Kulikov but Kulikov has threatened KHL and has played poorly this year. He's got Filatov type value.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Everybody see what Fakelund wrote on his newest blog? Apparently were talking to Colorado about making a big "statement" trade. It would be 4 players going to the Avalanche, and 2 players coming our way. Probably not true, but could be intriguing. He says it could go down from mid December to mid January. Take it with a grain of salt of course.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...g-Major-Del-Zotto-Gleason-KingsSabres/1/56171

David_99

Jan 16, 2005
Moncton, NB
Everybody see what Fakelund wrote on his newest blog? Apparently were talking to Colorado about making a big "statement" trade. It would be 4 players going to the Avalanche, and 2 players coming our way. Probably not true, but could be intriguing. He says it could go down from mid December to mid January. Take it with a grain of salt of course.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...g-Major-Del-Zotto-Gleason-KingsSabres/1/56171

He calls it a "A Patrick Roy Statement Trade"...

Hopefully they mean Roy wants to make a statement and not talking about THE Roy Trade...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

I wouldn't trade Beaulieu for Kulikov. Not the way he is playing, plus he will cost a fair bit of money to re-sign.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011

I just can't find the logic in Colorado making such a big trade when they're on such a roll. I also can't see Bergevin being the type to move 4 of his players.

That said there are a ton of pieces on the Avs that I'd love on our team!

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013

So we're sending them Bourque, Diaz, Bouillon, and Desharnais?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

4 guys for 2...hmm...
Eklund is always interesting if nothing else...he has never really predicted anything other than a couple of Flyers moves...

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

I don't care for what Ek as to say in his "rumor" blogs but I do enjoy reading the comment section in his blog posts. Is there a 14 and younger age limit to post in the comment section or what?

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
You guys expect a trade after all those wins? You do know we have a GM that doesn't change a winning formula or isn't known to make a lot of moves when we are winning or at all? Now forget it, I don't even think we are getting rid of DD look for a trade at deadlines.

Bergevin would stupid not to make a trade whenever he feel is team is hot it can only mean value is at his high with some players... lets not kid ourselves.. this team as it stands wouldnt win a stanley cup... once the players we targetted as tradable get cold again... well we then will be again in a situation were a trade is not feasible.. this team as his young players ready (no we are not waiting 2-3 years for Gally...) time is now (before the season ends and when we can trade them)

Last edited:

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
Wouldn't mind

Matt Duschene and PA Parenteau for

Desharnais, Bourque, Diaz and Beaulieu

HABSINCE76

May 31, 2009
Habs scouts have been following the Jets around for at least a month and a half now.....Mellanby is there tonight.......something is cooking here folks.....I was thinking all day if only we could land Buff the stuff without touching our big four on defence or any of our forwards....maybe the jets wanna shed a little salary...maybe something like Diaz a good prospect and a high pick would get it done.We in turn land Buff giving us a real good chance at going deep against teams that like to play ruff with us....and the versatility at putting him at wing if needed is a huge bonus!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs scouts have been following the Jets around for at least a month and a half now.....Mellanby is there tonight.......

Not that it matters all that much, but it was at last evening's game.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Is it Ryan O'Rielly? That would be interesting... I hope it's not Stastny...

Sorry to jump in on your board, but O'Reilly cannot be traded until February 28th, so I highly doubt it. Roy also loves him.

And I think I'll just ignore what axman88 proposed...

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
The Avs need help on defense but I don't think it would make sense for us to downgrade.

They could afford to trade a center but it doesn't fill a need for us.

Stastny and McGinn for Desharnais, Bourque, Diaz and Beaulieu?

Won't happen.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Wouldn't mind

Matt Duschene and PA Parenteau for

Desharnais, Bourque, Diaz and Beaulieu

So the Avs trade an elite talent for? Perfect example of quantity for quality, if you're trading for Duchene Galchenyuk has to be going to Colorado.

dunner

Jul 4, 2012
So the Avs trade an elite talent for? Perfect example of quantity for quality, if you're trading for Duchene Galchenyuk has to be going to Colorado.

They might still say no with Galchenyuk in the deal. Duchene is starting to show that he is one of the games best.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Sorry to jump in on your board, but O'Reilly cannot be traded until February 28th, so I highly doubt it. Roy also loves him.

And I think I'll just ignore what axman88 proposed...

He just wants the Habs to be the team sending the lube in a Habs/Avs trade this time instead of the Avs who included it in the Roy trade. :sarcasm:

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
They might still say no with Galchenyuk in the deal. Duchene is starting to show that he is one of the games best.

Meant it as you have to start with Galchenyuk, it wouldn't make sense for both teams. Avs want to make the playoffs and wouldn't trade their #1 center for anything less than an overpayment. Montreal will also be very patient with Chuckie and we wouldn't be willing to give that overpayment.

dunner

Jul 4, 2012
Meant it as you have to start with Galchenyuk, it wouldn't make sense for both teams. Avs want to make the playoffs and wouldn't trade their #1 center for anything less than an overpayment. Montreal will also be very patient with Chuckie and we wouldn't be willing to give that overpayment.

I know what you meant and I agree. Duchene would be Chuckie, +, +. But absolutely 0% of me thinks we would move him.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
In a serious note people always made fun of our old standard proposal halak + ryder and second rounder... we all know this at the end would be worth a lot more than people said back then with those players at their best... funny in a serious way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad