Rumor: TFP: Bergevin is looking to make a BIG splash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
As per David Pagnotta and The Fourth Period, Bergevin is looking to make a BIG splash and I hope it's true and it happens:

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl131124.html

Rene Bourque and Raphael Diaz might be dealt, but I also see Beaulieu, Leblanc and possibly a 1st or 2nd round draft pick being offered for a top line player.

crystal-ball.jpg

:laugh:

If Bergevin does this it just proves he isn't staying the course and is willing to trade the future away. Beaulieu, Leblanc, 1st, 2nd, I mean why don't we just throw in the next 5 1st's and Price/Subban too.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
:laugh:

If Bergevin does this it just proves he isn't staying the course and is willing to trade the future away. Beaulieu, Leblanc, 1st, 2nd, I mean why don't we just throw in the next 5 1st's and Price/Subban too.

Well... I dunno about a trade or a bigh splash, and that's just rumors. But you exagerate a bit here. Beaulieu is just one piece and isn't showing all that much, while I do think he'll end up in the NHL. Leblanc has 3rd line upside at best. And you can trade a 1st or a 2nd from time to time without jeopardizing the future that much. The team's young core is allready in the NHL. Adding only one good young player every 2 years would be enough if Bergevin is able to fill the holes with useful role players, no matter their age.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Diaz and Beaulieu gone? We will lack of PMD... or maybe MB wants to trade for a PMD top 4...
Last month I wanted to trade our first, and now I'm not so sure about that. I still hope we can steal a d-man in the next draft like we did in 2007 with McDonagh and Subban.

It always seems like MB tries big crazy evil trades but it finally never happens.

edit: Surpised some of us would like to see Gaborik in a Hab uniform.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
BS.....

Just traffic is slow on the website, need more hits. This is a complete 180 of what Bergevin is preaching for his outlook on the team and his approach.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
BS.....

Just traffic is slow on the website, need more hits. This is a complete 180 of what Bergevin is preaching for his outlook on the team and his approach.

Of course its BS but the next game isnt until Wed. We need something to talk about for the next 2 days.....

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
I don't know if there's gonna be a big splash or not, but I'm pretty sure Bergevin will make a "significant" (relatively) trade this year for various reasons:

• He did sign some players, and he started discussing contract with others. So now he knows what it will look like, and what he will be willing to do or not based on $ figures. Since it almost never happen that every player sees themselves the way the team sees them, it seems plausible at least one will be trade.
  • Many players will be UFA. I'm sure Bergevin won't sign all of them, and I'm sure he won't let all of them leave for nothing.
  • After almost 2 years, we can say Bergevin and his team had all the time to perfectly know the prospects of the team. So now they know wich ones they want to go further with, and others they won't, so the latests would become trade bait.

So to me, it looks everything's in place for the team to be in a trading position.

BRAD HABSFAN

Mar 14, 2013
JERSEY COAST
Well... I dunno about a trade or a bigh splash, and that's just rumors. But you exagerate a bit here. Beaulieu is just one piece and isn't showing all that much, while I do think he'll end up in the NHL. Leblanc has 3rd line upside at best. And you can trade a 1st or a 2nd from time to time without jeopardizing the future that much. The team's young core is allready in the NHL. Adding only one good young player every 2 years would be enough if Bergevin is able to fill the holes with useful role players, no matter their age.

Beaulieu needs to grow. Again DMEN take longer to grow into their position. He did not look that bad up here with his play and with some seasoning in Hamilton he will improve. Until we develop more players I would not be willing to trade picks unless there is a significant player coming back.

So unless it is a significant player coming back I hope we are not making a trade

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
" it would not come as a surprise if Diaz is moved in the team's attempt to upgrade it's offensive game up front."

Favorite line of the article, Diaz is my most hated player on the team by far. He brings literally nothing to the table, but gets rewarded for it. Makes no sense to me at all.

oohhkev

Jun 26, 2006
Ill believe this. If we had a cold day's in hell chance of getting past the 1st round, Bergevin would definitely not compromise his 5 year plan. But I think after seeing this 3 game streak + flashes of brilliance from the cornerstones of our team, he genuinely believes we may be 1-2 key pieces away from contending.

Im not sure I personally agree just yet, but what do I know about hockey? If he does make a splash before the deadline, I would suspect he has genuine confidence in our players and coach to make it far in the post season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad