Rumor: TFP: Bergevin is looking to make a BIG splash

Status
Not open for further replies.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
If Max Pac is available, I can imagine a trade around Max for Okposo + Strome (add stuff to make it work)

Or

Max for Del Zotto + Calahan (add stuff to make it work)

Or

Max for E. Kane (add stuff to make it work)

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
I'm not saying it's the case, but it is a possibility that Max Pac asked for a trade. There is always a possibility. Certainly his remarks from 2 weeks ago, while mostly true, are leaning toward "being unhappy with the team's style"... But like I said, it doesn't mean anything. It is just a possibility. And it is not because we don't want it to be true that it isn't true. Stuff like that happen.

I wouldn't put to much on this. He may have express himself and meant to talk about his play more then anything else.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I'm dumbfounded by any proposal involving Patches.

Unless we're getting back a better player, why on Earth would MB trrade our best, most consistent goal scorer and power forward?

Even if it was for kane, Patches has had better numbers, better contract and from all accounts, better attitutde than Kane. Not syaing I wouldn't LOVE Kane on this team but not at the expense of Patches.

Add to all this he has 8 goals in 4 games and the probably of trading Patches is near zero.

If you guys want to dream of proposals for Kane, start getting creative because we're not trading any core memebers of this team. It's not in MB's M.O. to do that. Look at peripheral pieces, prospects and picks bacause core, young, affordable players are here to stay.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I wouldn't put to much on this. He may have express himself and meant to talk about his play more then anything else.

Totally agreed.

Any player would be unhappy after going through an early injury and goal slump.

Think Patches is unhappy now?? Me thinks, not so much.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'm dumbfounded by any proposal involving Patches.

Unless we're getting back a better player, why on Earth would MB trrade our best, most consistent goal scorer and power forward?

Even if it was for kane, Patches has had better numbers, better contract and from all accounts, better attitutde than Kane. Not syaing I wouldn't LOVE Kane on this team but not at the expense of Patches.

Add to all this he has 8 goals in 4 games and the probably of trading Patches is near zero.

If you guys want to dream of proposals for Kane, start getting creative because we're not trading any core memebers of this team. It's not in MB's M.O. to do that. Look at peripheral pieces, prospects and picks bacause core, young, affordable players are here to stay.

Pacioretty is our most consistent goal scorer during his two-week streaks.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
How about signing Subban to an extension first then worry about trades later. ;)

Doesn't Pacioretty have his first baby due soon? That can have a big effect on a person. I don't think he'd sign such a long term deal so quickly after the Habs were so bad in 11/12 just to want out now.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Pacioretty is our most consistent goal scorer during his two-week streaks.

I get what you're saying, but most pure goal scorers are famously streaky, and Pacioretty isn't much different. So maybe he's not consistent from week-to-week, but if he ends up with 30-35 goals at the end of the year on a regular basis, that's a consistency that's not easy to replace.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I get what you're saying, but most pure goal scorers are famously streaky, and Pacioretty isn't much different. So maybe he's not consistent from week-to-week, but if he ends up with 30-35 goals at the end of the year on a regular basis, that's a consistency that's not easy to replace.

Your logical response is getting in the way of my cheap quip.

Seriously, I'm good with Pacioretty's style and posted two weeks ago that he was due to break out.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

lol its so funny that when people say "when this guy scores, he scores in bunches!" , i mean thats just something you SAY, it doesnt really mean its true about ANYone , but its hilarious how much it applies to pacioretty in this case, ..for SOME reason, he doesnt score 1 game, none the next, score 1 game, none the next....for some reason he goes 8 games without scoring, and then scores 8 in 8 games, then will probably go 0 in 10 games, and then follow that up with 11 goals in 10 games... its amazing how much he really ACTUALLY does score in "bunches"

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Fixed that for you.

Thanks for deleting my attempt at a punchline. Yes, thank you, I realize Max has been our best goal-scorer the past three seasons. As I said, I'm happy with the guy's on-off style and was defending him from the melodrama two weeks ago before he caught fire. But as REDUX91 just said, it's amazing just how streaky he is. I mean, the guy has only two gears: "Overdrive" and "Coma".

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Thanks for deleting my attempt at a punchline. Yes, thank you, I realize Max has been our best goal-scorer the past three seasons. As I said, I'm happy with the guy's on-off style and was defending him from the melodrama two weeks ago before he caught fire. But as REDUX91 just said, it's amazing just how streaky he is. I mean, the guy has only two gears: "Overdrive" and "Coma".

He certainly is streaky in terms of scoring but alot of snipers tend to disappear when they're not scoring. Max doesn't.

Guys like Semin, Cammalleri, Ryder etc become invisible when they're on cold streaks whereas Pacioretty usually keeps generating his share of shots and scoring chances.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
To be honest, Desharnais and Diaz are decent parts, just redundant on this team. Not 'spare parts' at all really. Also, sure, Bourque is inconsistent, but he's got good size and a nice contract.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Panthers are saying Kulikov's turnovers are behind his benching: LINK

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I think people on here have to gain a bit of perspective in regrads to Pacioretty.

1-he probably isn't getting traded any time soon(in the next 3-5 years) as he has a great contract and is a very productive player and still young(24).

2-if he was every to be traded it would be an offer that knocks MB's socks off, not for Kane and a draft pick. I might be wrong on this but I can't see MB paying what Winnipeg wants for Kane...he vales character too much to take on a case like that for anything more than 50-60 cents on the dollar as a "project".

3-whoever proposed Callahan and MDZ...are you drunk, that would be a horrible deal for the Habs. MDZ is one dimensional and adds nothing we need, Callahan is a UFA at year end...talk about Gomez-McDonagh part 2.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Yeah im pretty sure Beaulieu would be a lot better than Del Zotto and I want to trade him... :)

Seriously MB HAS To make a trade... this team is good and in desperate need of a top line winger as well as Maybe 1 more defenseman who can be a bit of a 2 way player...

We have lots of players we can trade... Gionta, Diaz, Beaulieu, Bournival, Leblanc, Bourque, Collberg, Fucale and picks (any)... I think a combination of Beaulieu Bourque/Gionta and 1st could bring us something that could fill a hole something along those lines..

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Oh, yeah. He's not gonna win any cups by himself. But he's a legitimate first line winger. And people will realise how silly they're being in a month or two when he's leading us in goals. People forget that he had a rough start last year too, and that was without an injury. He also didn't have to contend with DD playing the worst hockey in his professional career.

Posted on 11-17-2013.

haha. Thought it might take longer, but some of you really know how to make a guy look like ****ing nostradamus.

Maxpac stays. :nod:

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
You guys expect a trade after all those wins? You do know we have a GM that doesn't change a winning formula or isn't known to make a lot of moves when we are winning or at all? Now forget it, I don't even think we are getting rid of DD look for a trade at deadlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad