Status
Not open for further replies.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Wouldn't mind

Matt Duschene and PA Parenteau for

Desharnais, Bourque, Diaz and Beaulieu

No way Colorado trades Duchesne unless Subban goes the other way. He's probably their most untoucheable player.

Habs scouts have been following the Jets around for at least a month and a half now.....Mellanby is there tonight.......something is cooking here folks.....I was thinking all day if only we could land Buff the stuff without touching our big four on defence or any of our forwards....maybe the jets wanna shed a little salary...maybe something like Diaz a good prospect and a high pick would get it done.We in turn land Buff giving us a real good chance at going deep against teams that like to play ruff with us....and the versatility at putting him at wing if needed is a huge bonus!

I don't see Byfuglien as a need or the type of guy MB wants...Kane either.

If the Habs are looking at Winnipeg...Ladd is an obvious one(but their captain but maybe not available), Wheeler could be another and Bogosian a 3rd.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Just watched TSN's insider trading. Although they didn't mention the habs, they did mention that the Avalanche are making calls, and are looking to make a deal. Lebrun said that Colorado is looking to add a checking forward or a defenseman. They are willing to part with Jamie McGinn.

(My opinion) Checking forward could be Rene Bourque, who could compliment Colorado's 3rd line. While the defenseman could be Gorges, or Diaz. Colorado could acquire both of these pieces (checking forward and defenseman) in a package deal.

Following Eklund's rumor, it could look something like this:

--------------------------------------------
To Colorado

Gorges/Diaz
Bourque
-Blank-
-Blank-

To Montreal

Jamie McGinn
-Blank-
-------------------------------------------

I'm curious who the other pieces could be.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
No way Colorado trades Duchesne unless Subban goes the other way. He's probably their most untoucheable player.

I don't see Byfuglien as a need or the type of guy MB wants...Kane either.

If the Habs are looking at Winnipeg...Ladd is an obvious one(but their captain but maybe not available), Wheeler could be another and Bogosian a 3rd.

Winnipeg won't part with Bogosian and Wheeler wouldn't be a good fit there.

Of course, if there was a way to get Ladd for futures, he would be a perfect fit.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Just watched TSN's insider trading. Although they didn't mention the habs, they did mention that the Avalanche are making calls, and are looking to make a deal. Lebrun said that Colorado is looking to add a checking forward or a defenseman. They are willing to part with Jamie McGinn.

(My opinion) Checking forward could be Rene Bourque, who could compliment Colorado's 3rd line. While the defenseman could be Gorges, or Diaz. Colorado could acquire both of these pieces (checking forward and defenseman) in a package deal.

To Colorado

Gorges/Diaz
Bourque
-Blank-
-Blank-

To Montreal

Jamie McGinn
-Blank-

If the Avs feels that McGinn isn't the answer for their 3rd line, Bourque would not be a fit at all.

I agree that Gorges would be a good fit for them. I actually like McGinn but it wouldn't make our team better.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

To Colorado

Gorges/Diaz
Bourque
-Blank-
-Blank-

To Montreal

Jamie McGinn
-Blank-

Not sure how you quialify Bourque as a "checking forward". A checking forward would be Moen or Prust.

McGinn is a poor man's Bourque...enigmatic offensive player. Not a good fit here.

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
Lol, I proposed that because Eklund is always making stuff up just to get habs followers to click his site...yeah, there might be something going on with the avs but nothing as major as he's reporting 4 for 2....wouldn't give up 4 roster spots for two good players because that actually doesn't open up another trade with any other team like he said because we'd be giving away all our assets....

Example: if instead it was Patches, Desharnais, Diaz and Beaulieu for Duschene and Parenteau....does that really open up for trading something else...unless it's Plekanec and Bourque for let's say Bufglyen and Kane

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Now that we're near 1000 posts with no splash in sight, I think the discussion can be taken back to the trade proposal thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad