Toronto FC: TFC Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

garyjones93

Jun 2, 2012
Can't we lure someone that is younger?? Under 30 and good please

Is there anyone that is under 26 preferably under 24 that is good who we would be able to get?

Also how does loaning work with the cap/dp rule?

It would be nice if we could loan players from the EPL (ones who are too young and inexperienced to play first team minutes), but still good enough to play 1st team in MLS. Goalkeepers are a good example. I'm sure there is a good young goalkeeper in England that is behind one or two veterans and can't play. So they get loaned out, why not try to grab one?

Too add, what about someone like Balotelli, he's not preforming well and needs a confidence boost, let him try here if he can't do it here he's pretty much done. My question is can Liverpool loan him to us and will he count towards the cap and will he count as a dp? If not would it help both teams if he was loaned from end of EPL season to start of the nest one? We'd get someone who could help us score, they would have a struggling player still playing during the off-season trying to find his game.

And if not Balotelli is there anyone in this situation? Remember this loan would only be for the EPL's off-season, so the player is back to start the season.

Also how would it work if we signed an affiliation deal with a team in EPL (we sort of have one with Spurs, but I mean more in the sense they loan us players who doesn't currently help them but would help us)

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
This is are u-20 team for World cup qualifiers
CANADA

GK: Marco Carducci (Vancouver Whitecaps FC/CAN), Nolan Wirth (Oregon State University/USA)

DF: Sam Adekugbe (Vancouver Whitecaps FC/CAN), Alexander Comsia (RC Strasbourg/FRA), Luca Gasparotto (Rangers FC/SCO), Jordan Haynes (Vancouver Whitecaps FC Academy/CAN), Brandon John (FC Erzgebirge Aue/GER), Rares Serban (University of British Columbia/CAN)

MF: Manny Aparicio (Toronto FC/CAN), Louis Beland-Goyette (Impact de Montréal FC/CAN), Marco Bustos (Vancouver Whitecaps FC/CAN), Dylan Carreiro (Arbroath FC/SCO), Kianz Froese (Vancouver Whitecaps FC/CAN), Jérémy Gagnon-Laparé (Impact de Montréal FC/CAN), Chris Nanco (Syracuse University/USA), Michael Petrasso (Queens Park Rangers/ENG)

FW: Hanson Boakai (FC EDMONTON/CAN), Calum Ferguson (Inverness Caledonian Thistle/SCO), Jordan Hamilton (Toronto FC/CAN), Cyle Larin (Unattached)

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
Canada v Haiti Sat. Jan 10th at 8pm. CONCACAF U-20 action streamed on the CONCACAF
First game if anyone is interested,

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
The Altidore rumor is still strong, and a lot of people still reporting it, but he would cost us a DP spot we don't have

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Latest rumour is Giovinco. Apparently TFC have offered him a lot of money to try to lure him from Juve for 2 years.

To me the Altidore rumour makes no sense unless Gilberto is leaving for some reason and i'd probably rather have Gilberto if I had a choice between the two. I'm not even sure Altidore is worthy of a DP spot and he's asking for like 5 million.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
The Altidore rumor is still strong, and a lot of people still reporting it, but he would cost us a DP spot we don't have

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't Defoe's departure open one up subsequently?

But I guess Defoe's departure is still up in the air.

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
Latest rumour is Giovinco. Apparently TFC have offered him a lot of money to try to lure him from Juve for 2 years.

To me the Altidore rumour makes no sense unless Gilberto is leaving for some reason and i'd probably rather have Gilberto if I had a choice between the two. I'm not even sure Altidore is worthy of a DP spot and he's asking for like 5 million.

To be honest with you i rather move up on the draft and select Cyle Larin He's the better option, won't cost us an international spot or a DP spot

heatersthebest

Mar 21, 2006
So Cyle Larin, how is he listed as "Unattached" on the Canaduan U20 roster? If we should be interested in picking him up why does he not have a team after leaving UConn?

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
2 0 canada right now Hamilton with both foals
Final Score 3-1 Hamilton with 2 goals, and Petrasso with the other,
We play are next game Monday at 3pm against Mexico

Last edited:

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Daily mail suggesting it's a straight up swap. Interesting tweets from Sunderland fans:

kieron davis ‏@kierondavis 1m1 minute ago
If this Defoe story is bollocks, then the sun journalist has really put his neck out! Says it's signed and sealed. #safc

Andrew Lonsdale ‏@AndrewLonsdale7 3m3 minutes ago
Not sure about this Defoe crack... 32 and we not exactly going to provide him chance after chance are we #safc

Ross Sanderson ‏@RossSanderson25 6m6 minutes ago
If we do sign Defoe and he scores 15 goals between now and the end of the season I couldn't give a toss what we pay him #safc

JohnnyO

Aug 10, 2008
So, what do you guy's think of this? Defoe obviously wasn't going to stay here, but I don't know much about Altidore as a player.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Altidore + cash is solid value but not the player we need at all... it was said all summer that we're going to bring in a playmaker so i'm not sure what happens now. Either they're not bringing in a playmaker which is what we really need, or there will be 4 DP spots, or Gilberto is going to be sold. Altidore does perfectly fit the striker role in the 4-3-3 formation Vanney likes to play and I know Gilberto has had offers on the table from several leagues before and after we bought him so him being sold could definitely happen which I think is a mistake. Hopefully he scored a lot for us and isn't making too much...

Scion

May 25, 2012
The Sports Room ‏@TSRamadan
According to the fan590, TFC and Sunderland have agreed to swap Jermaine Defoe and Jozy Altidore. #TFC #MLS

Deal for Altidore is believed to be for 4 years. Additional bonus of adding Altidore is that he is good friends with Michael Bradley. #TFC

@torontofc also interested in #Juventus striker Giovinco, but would have to clear a DP spot to make it happen. #MLS #TFC

Giovinco would be a big coup, but which DP leaves to make it happen? Gilberto would be the only logical choice I imagine because Bradley and Altidore are going nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad