Toronto FC: TFC Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Who are the DP's TFC will look to go after?

They've said they want a playmaking midfielder. Apparently they already flew to Europe and tried to sign Matias Fernandez according to the guys that usually cover TFC like Luke Wileman but he didn't want to leave Fiorentina. Other than that there really hasn't been much. There were rumours TFC want to sign Gerrard or Sneijder a while back but I can't see those happening and that's about it. Based on them targeting Fernandez though they're definitely on the right track... we need a playmaking midfield and preferably one that's not too old

I'm just hoping for a big cap increase. Most people are estimating that the cap will go up at least 1 million (it's 3.1 right now) and a 4th DP spot will be added but we don't know for sure right now

garyjones93

Jun 2, 2012
Just saw this:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ve-liverpool-at-the-end-of-season-sky-sources

If this is true of him looking at MLS, TFC has to make an offer, give him a blank check, and sell one of Defoe or Gilberto (unless there was a new 4th DP spot)

Him going offense and Bradley Defense would be the best Midfield in MLS. Defense still a little weak, but we would score. Plus Gerard on set pieces would free Bradley up to be involved in the play, and Gerard can score on free kicks. (something Defoe cannot)

He's used to playing in red. I'm not a big fan of him as a PL player but as a MLS wow he would be awesome to have on the team. Plus he could be Captain. Much better leadership group.

Make that statement "We spent the money last year, we were a few pieces short. This puts us one piece closer." Then look at some solid MLS defensive depth players that fit under the cap.

TNCHL

Yeet
Aug 3, 2014
Toronto
Just saw this:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ve-liverpool-at-the-end-of-season-sky-sources

If this is true of him looking at MLS, TFC has to make an offer, give him a blank check, and sell one of Defoe or Gilberto (unless there was a new 4th DP spot)

Him going offense and Bradley Defense would be the best Midfield in MLS. Defense still a little weak, but we would score. Plus Gerard on set pieces would free Bradley up to be involved in the play, and Gerard can score on free kicks. (something Defoe cannot)

He's used to playing in red. I'm not a big fan of him as a PL player but as a MLS wow he would be awesome to have on the team. Plus he could be Captain. Much better leadership group.

Make that statement "We spent the money last year, we were a few pieces short. This puts us one piece closer." Then look at some solid MLS defensive depth players that fit under the cap.

Nah.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Just saw this:

Won't happen

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Gerrard doesnt even play as an attacking midfielder anymore. TFC were rumoured to be interested a few months ago before all this but I doubt there's any chance of that and he's not really what we need anyway. MLS should probably stop bringing in guys that old anyway. Also i'm not a fan of bringing in 34+ year old DPs in general but when they're names as big as Gerrard, Henry, Kaka, Lampard and Villa it's really hard to turn down.

Apparently TFC will start bringing in players from MLS/overseas around the draft which is January 15th. TFC has the most draft picks so i'm guessing some will be traded for players, and Bez probably wants to see what positions of players he can get in the draft before he starts filling holes on the team. All those picks will do a good job of filling out the roster for TFC's new USL team.

Last edited:

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
yeah I agree. Enough with the over agers... This league has enough Villa, Kaka, Defoe, Dempsey type players we need to actually fill out the entire rosters now. TFC is literally a 3 man show, defoe, Bradley and Gilberto then a HUGE drop off in talent. It was so unbalanced to the point it was a little extreme. Target young south american talent like Laba, Gilberto, Valeri. I hate the DP rule, spend 15 million on 3 players - and 3 million on the rest of the entire team. Imagine we spread that 18 million out and the average player made 1 million? Wow. We would be way ahead of LIGA MX and Everdise.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
yeah I agree. Enough with the over agers... This league has enough Villa, Kaka, Defoe, Dempsey type players we need to actually fill out the entire rosters now. TFC is literally a 3 man show, defoe, Bradley and Gilberto then a HUGE drop off in talent. It was so unbalanced to the point it was a little extreme. Target young south american talent like Laba, Gilberto, Valeri. I hate the DP rule, spend 15 million on 3 players - and 3 million on the rest of the entire team. Imagine we spread that 18 million out and the average player made 1 million? Wow. We would be way ahead of LIGA MX and Everdise.

As nice as it sounds, you have to understand that MLS owns the players contracts and pays the salary for the bulk of the players. DP wages are paid by teams above and beyond the league minimum.

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
The best option would Be Hutch perfect player to play alongside Bradley and he wont cost us a DPslot/Int slot

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
The best option would Be Hutch perfect player to play alongside Bradley and he wont cost us a DPslot/Int slot

I agree with this 100 percent. Would be a really nice addition and would be a lot less travel for him for international. This needs to happen. Hoilett rumoured to be on the way OUT of QPR, and training with TFC during the world cup - But that would never happen he won't commit to Canada I doubt he would even think of MLS right now. But Hutchinson I could see happening.

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
I agree with this 100 percent. Would be a really nice addition and would be a lot less travel for him for international. This needs to happen. Hoilett rumoured to be on the way OUT of QPR, and training with TFC during the world cup - But that would never happen he won't commit to Canada I doubt he would even think of MLS right now. But Hutchinson I could see happening.

He won't make England ever So he has choice between Canada and Jamaica, Hes 25 he should make his decision soon, Rumor is he will make his decision beforr Concaf in July,

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Appears Defoe is leaving.

Sucks. Wish this would have worked out. We still have Gilberto though.

Would like to add a DP Midfielder, and if a 4th gets added, a defender.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Reliable sources are picking up Defoe to Leicester now so it seems done. I'm interested in seeing what happens to him if they get relegated as right now they're last in the PL. Now with this done there's finally a spot for the new DP

The rich get richer and TFC.. well, is TFC. It's almost funny nowadays. I'm wondering how pathetic this team can truly be.

So TFC is pathetic because they didn't sign a completely washed up Gerrard for 1 and a half years and have him come in exhausted mid-season after a long year in the Premier League? the narratives are strong with people who don't have a clue what they're talking about.. this is far and away the dumbest DP signing LA has ever made.

JohnnyO

Aug 10, 2008
Reliable sources are picking up Defoe to Leicester now so it seems done. I'm interested in seeing what happens to him if they get relegated as right now they're last in the PL. Now with this done there's finally a spot for the new DP

So TFC is pathetic because they didn't sign a completely washed up Gerrard for 1 and a half years and have him come in exhausted mid-season after a long year in the Premier League? the narratives are strong with people who don't have a clue what they're talking about.. this is far and away the dumbest DP signing LA has ever made.
It's too bad about Defoe, but maybe the DP spot will be put to good use.

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site

I'm speaking of TFC as a whole. Oh, well, sorry I didn't clear things with you since you are the be all and end all of everything football. Considering you said it, it must be true. Nothing subjective in what you say. I didn't realize Gerrard was washed up.. Talk about strong narratives...

Mathew

Dec 12, 2013
Toronto
I'm speaking of TFC as a whole. Oh, well, sorry I didn't clear things with you since you are the be all and end all of everything football. Considering you said it, it must be true. Nothing subjective in what you say. I didn't realize Gerrard was washed up.. Talk about strong narratives...

I believe max allocation you can get from a transfer is 650k, If we do get that from the defoe deal + the allocation we got from the Henry deal we will have an extra 1mil in allocation to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad