Toronto FC: TFC 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Was at the match tonight. Robles and BWP stole Metro a point. The rest of the team was just utter crap.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Why even have these meaningless cdn championships etc during the season. Soooo boring. Lots of B/C players. None the best play.

What's the point. Rather have the rest.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
Why even have these meaningless cdn championships etc during the season. Soooo boring. Lots of B/C players. None the best play.

What's the point. Rather have the rest.
To qualify for the CONCACAF Champions League. Canada gets one representative for every edition, and since the Canadian teams can't qualify through MLS or the US Open Cup, they have their own tournament to play through.

I understand worrying about rest, but I think TFC's depth has proven enough over these last few weeks to put those fears to bed.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Aww okay. Thanks for the explanation. I guess it's for the extreme die hard fans because I don't see the need for all these events. Just me though.

Hope they still win but it's very hard to get excited for these matches.

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
24 hours from now I will be at BMO. Really looking forward to it! Saw they are having a buy one get one 50% off sale on merch. If that is the case I'd want to get a player t shirt for Jozy (saw his first ever goal at Giants Stadium in 2006) and Bradley (homegrown Metro).

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
24 hours from now I will be at BMO. Really looking forward to it! Saw they are having a buy one get one 50% off sale on merch. If that is the case I'd want to get a player t shirt for Jozy (saw his first ever goal at Giants Stadium in 2006) and Bradley (homegrown Metro).
Did you figure out how you guys are getting down there?

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Did you figure out how you guys are getting down there?
Driving from NY. My friend repurchased a parking spot which I think is a miracle. I'm at a coffee shop by the Queensboro bridge waiting for him to pick me up at this very minute.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
I tuned in late, but TFC up 1-0 already.

I believe TFC was awarded a penalty.

Giovinco is still injured, and no Altidore today either.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
One of the best performances ever from this team.

Whose Vasquez? I've noticed him a lot this year. Seems very solid!

Player of the year in Belgium two years ago. Signed in Mexico but left because he wasn't a fan of his family needing bodyguards when they travelled.

He is so good. Doesn't get as much of a chance to control the game when Giovinco plays but when he's the guy there aren't many better in the league.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Oh ok thanks! Ya he looks quite good. Maybe under appreciated? Only his first yr in MLS? Will he play longer than this season?

He's the "put us over the top" signing of the summer. It'll take time for the league to catch on but he's really solidified midfield. 5-0 without our 2 best strikers? Sometimes I still can't believe this is our TFC lol

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
He's the "put us over the top" signing of the summer. It'll take time for the league to catch on but he's really solidified midfield. 5-0 without our 2 best strikers? Sometimes I still can't believe this is our TFC lol

What a contrast from the first what? 7 years? haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad