Toronto FC: TFC 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Another big win with a shorthanded lineup in Seattle. A bit of revenge for the MLS Cup final.

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Grand larceny in Columbus tonight. The boys were sleepwalking for 80 minutes before they decided to wake up and score 2 goals in 10 minutes to steal 3 points.

5 wins in a row for the first time in franchise history.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
After a sleepy start to the season, this team looks dominant.

We beat the sounders without a lot of our starters as well.

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
Looking forward to the first ever Battle of Ontario in the Canadian Championship. :yo:

Should be a decent series. Hope TFC sends some fan legions up our way.

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Looking forward to the first ever Battle of Ontario in the Canadian Championship. :yo:

Should be a decent series. Hope TFC sends some fan legions up our way.

Congrats on beating Edmonton. Looking forward to it. I imagine it will be most of our reserves playing but it should be exciting nonetheless.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Heading down Saturday, hope to see the full squad.

Is Giovinco hurt or have they been resting him?

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I ddon't understand and maybe someone can explain BUT when a player goes off the field why do teams play short Handed?

They have to waste a substitute on him. Thats why they play 10 men until the player cpmes back on the field. If he is unable to come back, then they will use a sub.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
They have to waste a substitute on him. Thats why they play 10 men until the player cpmes back on the field. If he is unable to come back, then they will use a sub.

Aww hmm I see. I guess with only 3 subs it's part of the managing. It looked like TFC has a few injuries. More seemed banged up during the second half.

Have teams had to play with less than 11 men before due to this.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Aww hmm I see. I guess with only 3 subs it's part of the managing. It looked like TFC has a few injuries. More seemed banged up during the second half.

If an injury occurs after your 3 subs are up, you have to play shorthanded.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Yes. Happens pretty often. Honestly there should be a designated guy you can sub in for a situation like this. Would also like to see increased subs as well as a response to fixture congestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad