Confirmed with Link: TEUVO TIME!!!!!: Turbo signs 5 year extension

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
All we know is that he has said that he and the team have had actual talks and that both sides wanted it done. I’m sure they’ve gone back and forth with offers being turned down.

I’m sure to some extent this shows Ferland they will pay for the right deal. At the same time TT was Rfa vs Ferland being Ufa. Similar aav ranges but different situations completely. TT didn’t have many options and we are the best team for him by a country mile. Ferland is in demand and available to every team in the league. There’s a limit to what this does to Ferland’s talks. It shows we will sign someone. We hadn’t so that was important.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
This is a great deal. I thought he'd get at least 6, and I would have given it to him, so I'm very happy for this. And the 5 year term is reasonable. Hard to believe that anyone (and it may just be one) would have any kind of issue with this.

As someone that has preached that this ownership and regime aren't as all bad as so many seem to think, but mixed bag at worst, I'm glad to see two great moves in a row to further illustrate that. I feel like we could use one of those threads that keeps a running track on their moves.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
I love the contract and think Teravainen will outperform it nearly as much as Lindholm will outperform his. In fact, give Aho and TT a 30-goal winger, maybe the team has with Niederreiter, and Teravainen is likely a 70-75 point player for the contract. With his success on the PK, Teravainen really has become comparable to Lindholm.
(My dream is still what that one Jets fan proposed: Hamilton for Connor. Connor/Aho/TT would be amazing.)

Last edited:

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I love the contract and think Teravainen will outperform it nearly as much as Lindholm will outperform his. In fact, give Aho and TT a 30-goal winger, maybe the team has with Niederreiter, and Teravainen is likely a 70-75 point player for the contract. With his success on the PK, Teravainen really has become comparable to Lindholm.
(My dream is still what that one Canucks fan proposed: Hamilton for Connor. Connor/Aho/TT would be amazing.)
I think you mean Winnipeg...

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
TT's agent is also an agent for Edmonton's pending RFA/UFAs Puljujarvi and Koskinen. He could have up there on business rather than traveling to meet Carolina in Edmonton/Calgary. On a side note he is also Kasperi Kapanen and Janne Kuokkanen's agent.

It's also 2019 and we have email, smartphones and printers.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
It's also 2019 and we have email, smartphones and printers.

Ha - I like to think the agent's have to work a little harder for their cut than to sending a text: "Yo Donny, $5.4 million x 5 years - good w u?"

By reports it looks like some guys just don't even want to think about re-signing until some arbitrary date in their mind. Maybe it was just TT's time to come together on a deal.

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
I wonder if Ferland's reticence to signing a deal right now has more to do with having a genuine crack at free agency than achieving any specific number on AAV or term. which, fair enough. but in that case I think it's also appropriate for the Canes to see that as being cause for looking at options to move him.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
By reports it looks like some guys just don't even want to think about re-signing until some arbitrary date in their mind. Maybe it was just TT's time to come together on a deal.

I'm pretty 100 % sure that their agent is 24/7 ready to sign a crazy contract if offered one. The player isn't "focusing on playing" quite so hard as to miss out on a chance of overpayment.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
(My dream is still what that one Jets fan proposed: Hamilton for Connor. Connor/Aho/TT would be amazing.)
Wow. I’m not trying to be a jerk but just because TT plays on the pk doesn’t make him a higher level defensive player. Being an offensive threat can make you a good pk’er. I’m glad he’s bought into working harder defensively, and Rod is pushing the right buttons but he’s not comparable to Lindholm. Pump the breaks a bit. It’s a market deal.

I’d still cringe if the guy was out on a 3 on 3. He’s still going to pass when he needs to shoot. He’s still not a boards player. He is what he is, a skilled passer who meshes well with the guy we’re building around. He hasn’t magically become a different hockey player.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
I’d still cringe if the guy was out on a 3 on 3. He’s still going to pass when he needs to shoot. He’s still not a boards player. He is what he is, a skilled passer who meshes well with the guy we’re building around. He hasn’t magically become a different hockey player.
Calm down, bleed, we just lock TT prime paying under the market price. He's legit top six RW, legit playmaker. We need more of that type players. He's not ideal but the contract is good.

Cam Atkinson worth 5.875, Drouin 5.5, Nylander 6.9, Niederreiter 5.25, Zucker 5.5, Saad 6, Little 5.3, Guentzel 6, Bailey 5.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Calm down, bleed, we just lock TT prime paying under the market price. He's legit top six RW, legit playmaker. We need more of that type players. He's not ideal but the contract is good.

Cam Atkinson worth 5.875, Drouin 5.5, Nylander 6.9, Niederreiter 5.25, Zucker 5.5, Saad 6, Little 5.3, Guentzel 6, Bailey 5.
I’m happy. It’s just a little overboard. I’m glad we signed the guy. The timing is weird. He got a deal he deserved but he didn’t leave money on the table and he hasn’t turned into a defensive wizard.

He was rfa on the only team that would put him on a first line, plus it’s with another Finn he’s buddies with. Dude wasn’t going anywhere and is exactly paid like his comparables. More than a couple of those guys most teams would take before him.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
TT's agent is also an agent for Edmonton's pending RFA/UFAs Puljujarvi and Koskinen. He could have up there on business rather than traveling to meet Carolina in Edmonton/Calgary. On a side note he is also Kasperi Kapanen and Janne Kuokkanen's agent.

Well. I guess he had just got Koskinen signed, and Waddell got him off-guard on his way laughing to the bank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad