Terry Trafford Missing (Update: RIP)

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
This is scary stuff. There has to be someone who must have some sort of indication of where he went. Billets? Teammates?

Lyons89

Aug 21, 2012
Weird how this is just getting reported now. you would think it would be all over social media a few days ago. 6 days is a long time to be missing for...

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Saginaw Spirit's Terry Trafford missing for days

The 19-year-old Toronto native has not been seen for a week, and at least one OHL team and one former Spirit teammate, Gregg Sutch, are urging people to phone the Saginaw, Mich., police if there is any information on what is happening with Trafford.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jr...trafford-missing-since-march-3-145604477.html

Figured this board may be the best place for this to be seen. If not apologies.

Hope the kid is OK.

Arsenault

Mar 12, 2012
This is such an odd, strange, scary story. I just hope the kid is safe. Everything else will come out as it should.

Not pointing any fingers at this time as it is way to early to come to any conclusion and hopefully this entire situation will come to good ending for all, but hopefully this situation will prompt the CHL to establish a stronger support structure for these boys while in the hands of their club. The CHL is run like a business and in many situation players on these teams are treated like NHL players with a "tuff it out attitude". The CHL needs to realize that these kids are still kids and the league should make it mandatory for each team to have qualified personnel dealing with these kids on a personal level on almost a daily basis.

doogie24

Jan 27, 2009
Ontario
Why did it take 5 days for this to gain steam on twitter

Why did it take 7 days for national media outlets to pick up the story

Why wasn't Saginaw police contacted earlier, and why wasn't a missing persons report filed?

This will likely (hopefully) create some sort of reform on how teams handle and care for players.

This story paints the picture a little further.

http://www.mlive.com/spirit/index.ssf/2014/03/missing_saginaw_spirit_player.html

(the CHLPA and OHLinsiders twitter accounts are yet again are spewing out nonsense and stirring the pot for no apparent reason)

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I'm not going to jump to any conclusion as to what's happened or look to blame any1 at this time. It's obvious there were some communication isues.
I really just hope he's found/ comes back soon and that he's OK.
We forget at times these are teen boys, with a lot on their plates. The support system needs to be there and be effective.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Isn't that the same network of accounts that falsely claimed that Jake Patterson went home requesting a trade?

Yes it is. They jumped the gun and were called out on it. More worried about being first then accurate.
I think a different user took over knights insider acct. but as a whole they've struggled with credibility.

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
Yes it is. They jumped the gun and were called out on it. More worried about being first then accurate.
I think a different user took over knights insider acct. but as a whole they've struggled with credibility.

Twitter is the most narcissistic thing. It's one thing to speculate on trades and signings, but the CHLPA and OHLInsider accounts are speculating on a very serious situation and ripping the Spirit organization in the process. Just looks like two people trying to further their publicity, while, at the same time, pushing their own agendas.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Self appointed "insiders"! .

They put out a request for anyone to use the acct at the beginning of the year without vetting people.
The guy even gave me the password to post on knights insider after I said I wasn't interested and am no more an insider than so many on here that know a "guy" or two. I'm more a periphery guy. Hey that's it "knights periphery"acct :)
Any real insider info is protected or you get no more.

Some on here do a great job of handling what to give out n how much n when. I respect quite a few on here for their " heads up" PMs and posts and the integrity they use when doing so.
I'll just come here for my insider info and not questionable twitter accts.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
From Twitter:

Sunaya Sapurji ‏@sunayas 1m

Michigan State Police confirm car matching Terry Trafford's containing an unidentified male body has been found in Saginaw township. #OHL

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Sunaya Sapurji ‏@sunayas · 3m
Michigan State Police confirm car matching Terry Trafford's containing an unidentified male body has been found in Saginaw township. #OHL

Oh boy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad