Tell me why Nashville shouldn't be viewed as the Cup favorite

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
With Rinne in net and the gutsy attitude of the team there is no doubt they have a decent chance of winning. Favorite against Pit? No chance. Ottawa? Sure.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Rinne has lost 6 straight against the Pens and his last win vs Pittsburgh came almost 10 years ago.

Pens always seem to find ways to score on him.

Preds have 7 shots in almost 2 periods in an elimination game at home. How do they plan to score on Murray..

I also think the Pens are favorites, but I wouldn't put too much emphasis on Rinne's record against them. Lundqvist has been horrible against the Habs for years in the regular season, yet he's always stonewalled them in the playoffs.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If Johansen weren't injured, it's NSH in 6 without much doubt.

But with Johansen AND Fisher out? That's a pretty big void down the middle. And they won't beat PIT playing like they did tonight.
ah so we'd still be screwed if they got Johnsen back and if we got Letang back?

Hahaha man people hate us so much. In any case. Congrats preds on making it to the finals for the first time.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
If Johansen weren't injured, it's NSH in 6 without much doubt.

If the Pens make it to the final.... we'd be Vegas favorites despite our injuries - no matter if Nashville had every single player available.

But I'd certainly consider it a wide open series in that case. Pens against a RyJo less Nashville..... Pens would be major favorites and not winning would amount to a calamity.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Teams and fans just think that getting to the SC finals is a natural progression. The intensity and the pressure that comes with that is never quite understood by newbies. It ramps up and no matter what, the Preds will find that to be the case. Can they adjust and elevate their play? We will see.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Teams and fans just think that getting to the SC finals is a natural progression. The intensity and the pressure that comes with that is never quite understood by newbies. It ramps up and no matter what, the Preds will find that to be the case. Can they adjust and elevate their play? We will see.

Yup. Playoffs are a step up from the regular season. And the Cup is a step up from the playoffs. We see it all the time with new teams...pressure is huge. Pens learned that the hard way against the wings in 08. After rolling thru the eastern conference, they were no match for the experienced wings team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad