OT: Teh Philidelphia Severty Sixers: The Doggo Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

I never knew how much I needed Wanda Sykes saying “F*** you, Jerry [Colangelo]” in my life. :laugh:

giphy-18.gif

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

There is not a single NBA media person I hate more than Brian Windhorst. The only reason he even has a national career is because LeBron James grew up and played basketball in Akron, Ohio at the very same high school he graduated from a few years before LeBron James attended. It gave him access to the program and LeBron that nobody else had at the time. He used that build a career and followed LeBron around using that to grow his profile. He followed the guy to Miami and took up shop there after The Decision.

If Ben Simmons was traded to Cleveland he'll probably slobber over Ben Simmons.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
There is not a single NBA media person I hate more than Brian Windhorst. The only reason he even has a national career is because LeBron James grew up and played basketball in Akron, Ohio at the very same high school he graduated from a few years before LeBron James attended. It gave him access to the program and LeBron that nobody else had at the time. He used that build a career and followed LeBron around using that to grow his profile. He followed the guy to Miami and took up shop there after The Decision.

If Ben Simmons was traded to Cleveland he'll probably slobber over Ben Simmons.
They all carry water for Rich Paul and Klutch too.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
They all carry water for Rich Paul and Klutch too.
Yea. It's that whole LeBron Ohio-circle **** stuff. Rich Paul and Maverick Carter were two of his friends. LeBron got Rich Paul a job with LeBron's first agent and he then used that to become an established agent and start Klutch which then LeBron joined. He got Maverick Carter his job at Nike and then used the connections to start a sports business with LeBron.

and then Windhorst is a propaganda mouthpiece for them all.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I don’t really know what the end game is... with each passing thing coming out it just makes me personally want to see him rot more and more.

I could give two shits about what the guy wants. He’s under contract with the Sixers and they shouldn’t just take the best offer that’s currently available just because the guy wants out so let him rot until the right opportunity arises. That’s the ultimate revenge against this clown when he’s the one that’s not willing to show up.

Maybe I have a completely different mindset then the average fan though.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I don’t really know what the end game is... with each passing thing coming out it just makes me personally want to see him rot more and more.

I could give two shits about what the guy wants. He’s under contract with the Sixers and they shouldn’t just take the best offer that’s currently available just because the guy wants out so let him rot until the right opportunity arises. That’s the ultimate revenge against this clown when he’s the one that’s not willing to show up.

Maybe I have a completely different mindset then the average fan though.

I'm at a point where I just want him gone because I think although losing Ben will hurt, Maxey was showing he could conceivably take Ben's spot in a productive manner (s0 the return isn't as important to me as it once was).

However, I don't care if he rots though because Maxey would still play and Thybulle can pick up the D ::shrug::

I just trust Morey will get a good deal for him regardless (considering the situation).

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
I’m drawing a blank, but who was the last athlete who did as big a diva act as Ben? It was a full heel turn.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
A lot of those players were divisive and not as big of divas as Ben. I haven’t met any pro-Ben sixer fans recently. I was only ~13 years old when the Lindros saga went on so I don’t want to draw any conclusions from my recollections. Ben is in Marbury territory with a hint of “you know who I am?” when pulled over by a cop

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
The NBA has plenty of powerful and legitimate superstars. It also has Ben Simmons.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/09/25/ben-simmons-76ers-trade-demand/

If his holdout works and Simmons gets everything he wants, this power play will set an awful precedent for the next generation of overpaid, entitled players.

Just don’t show up to work, and your contract will still be honored. Or if you’re unhappy at your job because someone hurt your feelings, “Better Call Paul.”

Like the superstars before him, Simmons wants to show everyone who’s in charge. All he’s proving is that you don’t have to sit in the corner office to be a crappy boss

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad