OT: Teh Philadelphia Severty Sixers: We're Stil Doing This For JS’s Goodest and Bestest Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I still think it's Brooklyn, but my reaction will be entirely based around what the pluses are. Maxey's too much unless it guts the pick requirements.

A very, very good set of points here.

This is going to end really terribly for us, I'm confident

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
It's a star league and Harden is a much bigger star than Simmons so go for it. I despise watching James Harden play basketball but it is what it is. It'll get them closer to winning a championship than keeping Ben around.

Now the outside pieces besides those two is where it gets murky.

In the end the whole thing probably ends up terribly for the organization and the city but oh well. Shoot your shot.

Letting Harden go to the Nets will gut them entirely in the future which is good but you're also not beating them during Embiid's prime then under any circumstance. EDIT: You shouldn't necessarily operate an organization with that line of thinking but as Mr. Black said, I don't trust Embiid's health long term so push the pieces to the middle and play them as they lie.

Reactions: Carter Hart

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
One is a great role player, the other is one of the greatest offensive players of all time. I'm also looking at this from an Embiid angle, I have no confidence in his long term health, so go all in. I also recognize this could implode badly.
I live in Houston so I've followed the Rockets a bit. No matter who they have paired James with, it doesn't work. I dont see that changing here. I think many underestimate how valuable Ben is. I do understand about maximizing Joel and his short time span, I just don't think Harden is the answer.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
It's a star league and Harden is a much bigger star than Simmons so go for it. I despise watching James Harden play basketball but it is what it is. It'll get them closer to winning a championship than keeping Ben around.

In the end the whole thing probably ends up terribly for the organization and the city but oh well. Shoot your shot.

Letting Harden go to the Nets will gut them entirely in the future which is good but you're also not beating them during Embiid's prime then under any circumstance.
Pretty much this ^

It's all because Simmons refuses to take the next step from All Star to superstar. Last night really pissed me off with him...

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
This is going to end really terribly for us, I'm confident
Possibly.....if it happens it won't be so bad. I mean if Embiid goes down long term...we can't really rely on Simmons to take us over the top. Not sure we can with Harden either but he is a legit superstar. I'm not without concern but not like we can control any of this...

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

Letting Harden go to the Nets will gut them entirely in the future which is good but you're also not beating them during Embiid's prime then under any circumstance. EDIT: You shouldn't necessarily operate an organization with that line of thinking but as Mr. Black said, I don't trust Embiid's health long term so push the pieces to the middle and play them as they lie.
Who exactly does Harris, Embiid, and Harden beat? With one or both of Thybulle and Maxey shipped out? Miss me with that shit. Has no one learned what having no depth does to a team? That's been the achilles heel of this team all through the Process years, thanks to Colangelo and Brand bonehead moves. Would be a horrible move.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

This is gonna be costly....if it goes poorly we may not even have drafts to look forward to. Blaming Simmons and the Fultz bad luck for all of this (although we got Maxey out of Fultz's trade to leverage). We don't have many options with Embiid's short window which could close at any time..

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Hopefully they throw in Harris....pick up something else that is still useful and gives us cap space. Doubt Houston will do it though but I am sure Morey is trying to unload Harris' contract at the expense of picks but maybe cap space for free agency purposes...or another trade. I'm sure Morey has a plan with many moving pieces.

trigzter

Feb 3, 2011
PA
I'd only offer Ben. Maybe picks but I'd be keeping my depth for 2 years down the line when harden leaves. Plus it's covid season guys are gonna miss games we need extra bodies for when that happens

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I'd only offer Ben. Maybe picks but I'd be keeping my depth for 2 years down the line when harden leaves. Plus it's covid season guys are gonna miss games we need extra bodies for when that happens
Unfortunately that won't work with the Nets going for broke as well...

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
This post from Mike O'Connor sums it all up well and is where I tend to fall:
If you’re simply a huge Simmon fan, or you hate Harden as a person/player, or simply don’t want another huge roster shakeup for the 10th time in three years, I get it. You are free to root for your team in any way you want. But if your sole objective is seeing a banner raised in the Wells Fargo Center, trading for James Harden is undeniably the correct move.
Trading For James Harden Is The Right Thing For The Sixers — Rights To Ricky Sanchez

I can't stand Harden's personality as much as the next guy and he's realistically in my top 3 guys that I do not want to root for in the league. I also have my doubts that guys like him can win it all, but you have to be lying to yourself if you truly believe that this team is going to get it done the way that they're built now.

I personally would not be in favor of trading Maxey, but I would drive Thybulle and Simmons to the airport myself because Simmons has shown that he's not changing offensively and Thybulle is at the bottom of the rotation with serious questions about his offensive abilities. Unless this team get's a true perimeter creator, the team isn't making it any further than they have in the past, and the only way they're getting a perimeter star is by trading Simmons. In a perfect world, could they figure out a way to somehow trade for McCollum or Beal rather than Harden? Absolutely but those guys aren't just readily available for trade.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Pronger was said to be a cancer...if it wasn't for Leighton and a unfortunate eye injury we would have been on the right side of history.....but we came up short. We may again with this move if it works in the Sixers favor but to me it is obvious we have to go for it or we will just continue to be assured of falling short.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Houston is pursuing

Read it the way it's written.

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Carter Hart
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad