OT: Teh Philadelphia Severty Sixers: Were Stil Doing It For JS’s Goodest and Bestest Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
I wouldn’t be surprised to hear the term “stomach bug” in the next 24 hours, they were all walking up the floor at the end with the exception of Ben, like tanks were empty.

Jojo wasn’t limping, he looked more like influenza or diarrhea or dehydration, just beat

Reactions: Embiid

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
My experience as a basketball fan is me going to Game 2 last week so I know absolutely nothing, they just looked dead tired in that 4th quarter. Embiid injury that bad or were they just shit tonight?

Reactions: JXC

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I wouldn’t be surprised to hear the term “stomach bug” in the next 24 hours, they were all walking up the floor at the end with the exception of Ben, like tanks were empty.

Jojo wasn’t limping, he looked more like influenza or diarrhea or dehydration, just beat
Yeah looked like he went on that slip n slide with giardia..

Bet he took a dump or puked when he left the floor...

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Embiid finally doesn't carry the Sixers and has a horrible game, and what does Ben Simmons do. Three FN points in the second half. ENOUGH with the Simmons experiment. He isn't going to magically get better offensively at this point in his career, he isn't even willing to shoot or be consistently aggressive in the paint. The Sixers are wasting Embiid's prime years being saddled with him. I am so tired of hearing how great he is on defense. We see this every year in the playoffs, he becomes a non-factor on offense.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
ben simmons is avg 2.8 pts per 4th quarter this playoffs. shocked its that much
This happens every year in the playoffs. He becomes a total non-factor offensively. Time to move on and quit wasting Embiid's prime years with quite possibly the most overrated player in the league as his running mate. They aren't winning a championship as long as Simmons is here.

Reactions: WIP CALLER

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Embiid finally doesn't carry the Sixers and has a horrible game, and what does Ben Simmons do. Three FN points in the second half. ENOUGH with the Simmons experiment. He isn't going to magically get better offensively at this point in his career, he isn't even willing to shoot or be consistently aggressive in the paint. The Sixers are wasting Embiid's prime years being saddled with him. I am so tired of hearing how great he is on defense. We see this every year in the playoffs, he becomes a non-factor on offense.
I know Morey will move him if the right opportunity presents itself like Harden but not clear when and if it will happen again before it is a moot point. In the meantime we have to live and die with his flaws.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I know Morey will move him if the right opportunity presents itself like Harden but not clear when and if it will happen again before it is a moot point. In the meantime we have to live and die with his flaws.
Morey needs to deal him now while some teams out there might actually think he can still get better.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I mean that is harsh....I would hope not. He had a bad game. More on Doc but he is old school and basically let Embiid fall on his sword along with the team. Doc always says he isn't an actual Doc so he leaves it to the medical staff. If Embiid is suited up ..he will play him but tonight he needed to manage his situation better...

Embiid wasn't hitting his shots, and Simmons wasn't attacking the basket, so why is Embiid outside instead of fighting for position in the low post in the 4th Q? Let the defense collapse on him then get the ball outside to an open shooter.

Simmons is running out of excuses, the FT thing is a lack of mental toughness, no one expects him to hit 85%, but he should hit 65-70% at crunch time and be demanding the ball. That's the expectations when you sign that big contract, we expect Butler, not Westbrook (guys who come up big in games, not on the stat sheet).

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Sadly if this is how it is going to be, with Embiid and sadly not ever being able to stay healthy for a full championship run then Ben is going to have to be traded bc his "flaws" are too large to just gloss over for a max player especially come playoff time. I just don't know who they can get for him that will move the needle more but he is pretty much our only blue chip to recalibrate before Embiid is out of the league like Bynum.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
This is the first game in a while where I’m still feeling it the next day. That second half was ugly. If this team has championship aspirations, they should make a statement next game

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
This happens every year in the playoffs. He becomes a total non-factor offensively. Time to move on and quit wasting Embiid's prime years with quite possibly the most overrated player in the league as his running mate. They aren't winning a championship as long as Simmons is here.

Lol..WIP CALLER agrees with your statement ...

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Sadly if this is how it is going to be, with Embiid and sadly not ever being able to stay healthy for a full championship run then Ben is going to have to be traded bc his "flaws" are too large to just gloss over for a max player especially come playoff time. I just don't know who they can get for him that will move the needle more but he is pretty much our only blue chip to recalibrate before Embiid is out of the league like Bynum.
They are going to have to just wait for the next disgruntled star to ask out. They probably would have gotten Harden had Morey not had issues with the owner. But looks like they dodged one there especially with his injury problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad