OT: Teh Philadelphia Severty Sixers: Were Stil Doing It For JS’s Goodest and Bestest Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Shake Milton doesn't get hot and go off in the 3rd to 4th of game 2 and this is probably a 3-1 series lead for Atlanta right now.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I don’t think we have 10 wins left in embiids body.
I don't think there's 10 games left period.

If Embiid suffered his injury in the conference finals and we were in the finals right now then yea he could probably make it through. I don't see any way Embiid (who has possibly further aggravated his torn meniscus) is able to go another *TWO* more rounds after this assuming the Sixers can win this series.

Reactions: Embiid

Petr Svoboda Mullet

Apr 3, 2016
I don't think there's 10 games left period.

If Embiid suffered his injury in the conference finals and we were in the finals right now then yea he could probably make it through. I don't see any way Embiid (who has possibly further aggravated his torn meniscus) is able to go another *TWO* more rounds after this assuming the Sixers can win this series.
We’ll just have to see how he looks Wednesday.

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Remember when the Sixers were ready to trade Ai to the Pistons and he begged Croce not to do so and won the MVP award the following season...yeah don't see that with Ben considering they put him on the block for Harden. He's just continuing to do his thang...it's enough apparently.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
:facepalm:

If the Hawks dont almost set the record for made 3's on the road in game 1...
If the MVP runner up doesnt have his worst NBA game in game 4...
This would be a sweep.
If Danny Green didn't rip the Hawks for 6 points and guard Trae all of game 1 also, can't forget that one.

I think this fallacy is called the independent variable fallacy?

"See? If that ball wasn't incorrectly called a strike and he walked, Harper's homer would have been a 2 run homer and would have won the game!"

Sports don't work like that. Mindsets and decions and outcomes differ on a second by second basis during fluid situations.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
@WIP CALLER

Which way did you vote?

?? I love Embiid, dude is a warrior for going out there and attempting to carry his sorry ass teammates like Ben Simmons on one leg. He could of shot 0 for 40 last night and I wouldn't rag on him as the reason they lost. Ben Simmons on the other hand and his inability to do anything of note offensively once again in the 4th quarter is again the main reason they lost. I think just about any other max contract in the league would give the Sixers a better shot at winning a title with Embiid and Harris over Benny Bricks.

Reactions: JXC

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
?? I love Embiid, dude is a warrior for going out there and attempting to carry his sorry ass teammates like Ben Simmons on one leg. He could of shot 0 for 40 last night and I wouldn't rag on him as the reason they lost. Ben Simmons on the other hand and his inability to do anything of note offensively once again in the 4th quarter is again the main reason they lost. I think just about any other max contract in the league would give the Sixers a better shot at winning a title with Embiid and Harris over Benny Bricks.

I only tagged you because of your username and it being a WIP poll.

Reactions: Embiid

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
One of Ben or Tobi needs to step up next game if Embiid is hurt or sick. If you’re a max contact player in an offensive league, you should be a threat to score ~30 every night. I get that there is more to the game than simply making buckets. Ben does more than score and Tobi has been consistent, but one of them needs to take the mantle next game if Embiid isn’t playing or he isn’t 100%.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
He will probably last more than a minute...
what_she_said_office.gif

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
Embiid wasn't hitting his shots, and Simmons wasn't attacking the basket, so why is Embiid outside instead of fighting for position in the low post in the 4th Q? Let the defense collapse on him then get the ball outside to an open shooter.

Embiid cannot fight for position in the post, because he has no lateral strength or stability in that knee. That’s how John what’s-his-name slammed those putbacks over him; JoJo can’t slide from side to side to block out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->