OT: Teh Philadelphia Severty Sixers: Or Maybe This Team Will Make Us Tap Instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
Shock clock violation after a timeout is a Brett brown special talent. Starters were on the floor

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I kind of missed the game....they had it on at the bar I was at but couldn't be antisocial...looked like an exciting game. Can somebody give a brief synopsis?

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I kind of missed the game....they had it on at the bar I was at but couldn't be antisocial...looked like an exciting game. Can somebody give a brief synopsis?

Really good game. Sixers led pretty much the whole way. Simmons and Embiid both showed up big time. They moved Horford to the bench in relief of Embiid and that looked really good. Korkmaz went cold but otherwise a very strong game by pretty much everyone. Really intense, hard fought game by both teams.

Petr Svoboda Mullet

Apr 3, 2016

Simply put, Joel and Simmons collectively cooked some asses tonight. Great all around team win. Bench is so much better with Horford, Robinson and Burks on it. Scott and Shake are garbage.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Really good game. Sixers led pretty much the whole way. Simmons and Embiid both showed up big time. They moved Horford to the bench in relief of Embiid and that looked really good. Korkmaz went cold but otherwise a very strong game by pretty much everyone. Really intense, hard fought game by both teams.
Yeah I noticed the times I was catching a glimpse that Simmons and Embiid seemed to be wreaking havoc. Very encouraging especially if they can carry it over on the road. Nice to hear the new additions look good so far..

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I really needed a game like this tonight. Earlier today I found out that my oldest dog (11 yr old Husky) has cancer. It’s spread to his lungs and the vet says there’s nothing they can really do except make him comfortable for whatever time he has left. So it’s been a pretty awful day today and a good Sixers game at least helped take my mind off it for a little bit.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
One of Simmons' better NBA performances. Youre not going to see much better modern era NBA defense than that.
42 grueling minutes as the shadow of George+Kawhi.
There might not be another player in the league who could defend two top 10 players and still give you primary ballhandler usage on the other end.
Probably the best point of attack defender in the league right now.

Not shocking that he and Jo have good games simultaneously when they use the 2 man game like they did tonight.
Saw Several PnR's and a lot of low tohigh passing. Shouldve been the basis of this offense 2 years ago.
What I liked is he stayed aggresive. The drives early in the game opened up the passing lanes later on.

East playoffss esp the Semis will be a bloodbath. a Betting Man's nightmare.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I really needed a game like this tonight. Earlier today I found out that my oldest dog (11 yr old Husky) has cancer. It’s spread to his lungs and the vet says there’s nothing they can really do except make him comfortable for whatever time he has left. So it’s been a pretty awful day today and a good Sixers game at least helped take my mind off it for a little bit.

Sorry to hear about your family member, my friend.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That’s awful man... just try to enjoy whatever time he has left.

Reactions: Jack Straw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad